Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He’s a chess piece and even though he’s smaller can be utilized much like Derwin James.

And yes, I know James is listed as a Safety.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He’s a chess piece and even though he’s smaller can be utilized much like Derwin James.

And yes, I know James is listed as a Safety.
@DanielCCSBears said he’s just a dime a dozen slot corner and are easily found in free agency. Lol

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's got spidey sense.

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
He does routinely get around blocks to make tackles on screens and RB sweeps. Pretty good body control.

Plus solid on the coverage.

1COBearsfan

We’re all mad here
Donator
Liked Posts:
What doesn’t he do perfectly? That’s exactly why he’s the worst player in the league

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
@DanielCCSBears said he’s just a dime a dozen slot corner and are easily found in free agency. Lol
Every year we're talking about how irreplaceable the nickelback is in Chicago. And every year they find a new hero at the position.

The nickel on the Bears defense in on par with the training camp white hope wide receiver. DJ Moore Bryce Callahan I know I'm missing a few more off the top of my head.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Every year we're talking about how irreplaceable the nickelback is in Chicago. And every year they find a new hero at the position.

The nickel on the Bears defense in on par with the training camp white hope wide receiver. DJ Moore Bryce Callahan I know I'm missing a few more off the top of my head.
lol those guys are nowhere near as good as Gordon and nowhere near as versatile. Nice try tho.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

What planet do you hail from?

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The
What planet do you hail from?

The one where everyone lamented the loss of Bryce Callahan in free agency because of what he contributed to Vic Fangio's defense.

The one where D.J. Moore was the key nickel back in the Lovie Smith defense.

The one where the nickel back makes like 3 big plays a year and a couple tackles in run support and the Bears community showers praise on him for his greatness. Only he's replaced by the next DC that comes in and brings in his type of guy and we start the cycle all over again.

msadows

Liked Posts:
lol those guys are nowhere near as good as Gordon and nowhere near as versatile. Nice try tho.

Bryce was also one of the top 5 slot corners in the league even after he left the bears. Few years ago he finished as the top rated man coverage corner on PFF for the broncos.

Daniel being a dumbass again.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aww man. I really thought Callahan was good but couldn't stay healthy.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Imagine thinking that a slot corner is interchangeable in 2024.

Might be one of the dumbest takes daniel has had, and he's had a fuckton of stupid ones.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh he's "versatile" because they use him on the blitz and he made a couple of sacks in the preseason and has .5 a sack this year and zero interceptions.

Gee it wouldn't be the first time you overreacted to a mediocre player making plays in the preseason and making him your hero for the next three years and it being the hill you'll die on.

You get the minions all riled up in your defense cite his PFF coverage grade and away we go.

I'll say it again, Gordon is a wasted second round draft pick that is completely replaceable by a 4th round level pick or an average free agency signing. His impact is insignificant to the overall success of the defense.

He's AVERAGE on a good day.

Like that day D J. Moore picked off Tony Romo twice in one game.