CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Surprise surprise you're sucking the dick of another average player the week after he had his best game of the year. 🤣

Pretty much on par with your terrible takes on Dexter and Tyrique. There is no reason to argue with an idiot like yourself who thinks everything he says is correct

Everyone laughs at you

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That's nice. Dude wrote an article about Gordon having a good game. You picked this fight and now you're mad at me when I respond with examples of the nickelback getting love and adoration on this board over the last 15 years.

Again the best CB in the NFL is on the roster and he's playing at all time great level that is he sustains it will put him in Canton and we're talking about the guy who makes a couple of plays on the blitz and is aggressive in the run game.

Yeah I get it he makes a few plays that draw immense praise from fans and analysts. But his coverage grade is average. Therefore he's average which is precisely what I've been saying from the get go. He is AVERAGE and won't be retained in free agency if there's turnover on the coaching staff like you yourself have said you'd like to see.

So how exactly on the one hand can you laud Kyler Gordon while hoping that Eberflus fails enough to be fired because Gordon is probably the first guy to not be retained due to his lack of value and his overall cost to retain as a free agent in the next year.

Lastly as a second round pick that is providing the same value as a fourth round pick or a bargain defensive system free agent nickel it's yet another example of missing on a guy that probably could have helped to solidify the offensive line.

But yeah bro..... I'm the bad guy full of hyperbole. Yawn this is just silly.
lol. I didn’t read this

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Oh he's "versatile" because they use him on the blitz and he made a couple of sacks in the preseason and has .5 a sack this year and zero interceptions.

Gee it wouldn't be the first time you overreacted to a mediocre player making plays in the preseason and making him your hero for the next three years and it being the hill you'll die on.

You get the minions all riled up in your defense cite his PFF coverage grade and away we go.

I'll say it again, Gordon is a wasted second round draft pick that is completely replaceable by a 4th round level pick or an average free agency signing. His impact is insignificant to the overall success of the defense.

He's AVERAGE on a good day.

Like that day D J. Moore picked off Tony Romo twice in one game.
And I thought you could not get any more ridiculous and belligerent…

My bad!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ever hear the one about the flat chested hooker on Easter Sunday?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
By my standards? You're just making up standards for me?

Johnson has allowed one touchdown in his last 861 coverage snaps. He's completely taken away the one side of the field.

Keenan Allen didn't have a catch against Johnson over the entirety of training camp as highlighted on Hard Knocks.

The dude is a fucking coverage God right now.
Do you ever have fun?

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Our division opponents are loaded at WR. I do not understand complaining about spending second rounders on the DBs that have to cover them. We want to root for a winner, after all. Even if you don't like the round that they were taken in, at this point the question becomes whether or not they are a success in their time here and not whether they should have brought in a journeyman.

I'm not going to get into who the Bears could have drafted - who is to say that this team doesn't have Caleb Williams if you put that second rounder in the offense, after all! What is important is that as a player on a rookie contract, that he is delivering at a fraction of the cost of a FA. Consider the example brought up earlier in the thread: Bears fans were excited for Bryce Callahan. Well, Callahan went on to play for the broncos for 6 and 7 Million a year. Today, Gordon makes 1.5 Million, a fraction of the cost. As a consequence, this team can afford to spend big dollars on one of the best CBs in the league, Jaylon Johnson, while having an incredibly competitive DB room.

And this is gets to a really important point: a lot of fans get roster construction backwards. I think it's because we can all sit for five minutes and put a mock draft together that is a subjective solution to everything. At the end of the day, if a GM is hitting on his draft picks (regardless of round and position) you have the big bucks to spend on premium players. It seems that everyone has an intuitive understanding that having a successful QB on a rookie contract means you can load up on expensive contracts at other positions. While QB absolutely matters more, and getting it wrong is a fire-able offense in this league, the same wisdom doesn't fall out of the window simply because DBs don't make $50M. They all get paid from the same pool, so not having to go to the FA pool for 4 years is valuable.

Sorry to write a book on the subject but Christ what a weird hill to plant a flag on.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Kyler Gordon the Superhero?"

The Bears have the best CB in the NFL in Jaylon Johnson. Johnson has allowed one touchdown in his last 861 coverage snaps and we're talking about Gordon as a super hero. Fuck outta here.
I didn't call him a superhero, but the article clearly is using "superhero" in the context of referencing his nickname and Kyler's weird adult obsession with spiderman. It's hyperbole for creative and artistic purposes (more accepted), not to exaggerate in an effort to convince others (generally frowned upon as it usually detrimental to your argument in any logical debate).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's nice. Dude wrote an article about Gordon having a good game. You picked this fight and now you're mad at me when I respond with examples of the nickelback getting love and adoration on this board over the last 15 years.

Again the best CB in the NFL is on the roster and he's playing at all time great level that is he sustains it will put him in Canton and we're talking about the guy who makes a couple of plays on the blitz and is aggressive in the run game.

Yeah I get it he makes a few plays that draw immense praise from fans and analysts. But his coverage grade is average. Therefore he's average which is precisely what I've been saying from the get go. He is AVERAGE and won't be retained in free agency if there's turnover on the coaching staff like you yourself have said you'd like to see.

So how exactly on the one hand can you laud Kyler Gordon while hoping that Eberflus fails enough to be fired because Gordon is probably the first guy to not be retained due to his lack of value and his overall cost to retain as a free agent in the next year.

Lastly as a second round pick that is providing the same value as a fourth round pick or a bargain defensive system free agent nickel it's yet another example of missing on a guy that probably could have helped to solidify the offensive line.

But yeah bro..... I'm the bad guy full of hyperbole. Yawn this is just silly.

So much wrong here. First as a nickel CB, he more than any other CB is mission critical in the run game given how much teams run out of 11 personnel. So his role isnt only coverage.

In terms of run D, he has the 5th highest run D grade of all CBs. He is 3rd if you limit to CBs with at least 100 run snaps. He is tied for 2nd in the NFL in run stops by a CB with 15. The leader has 17. So he is an elite run defender at Nickel.

As far as coverage, in a league where effecfively 96 CBs are starters he is 37th. So he is basically an elite run defender and above average in coverage. If you view his role is more akin to what a LB does then that is damn good.

So I think you are ignoring how impactful he is in the run game possibly owing to your lack of understanding of what a NB does compared to an outside CB. His role in the run game is much more important relative to an outside CB. You essentially want a 200 pound LB at Nickel which is what Gordon is.