Schmitz: Getsy Made it Obvious

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would actually be pretty ok. A lot of people forget how epically bad the Bears roster was during the Fox regime, but he had the team play as well as anyone could have reasonably expected. His teams were always prepared and played hard too. Ironically, he prob would have led the bears deeper in the playoffs than nag-bag in 2018.
At the end of the third, beginning of the 4th quarter, I saw a lot of quit in the Bears, that kind of shocked me for the first game of the year.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Carter can't play for him and whitehair (who was worse than davis)
True, but he can at least replace the big money guy, who was too distraught/lazy to be prepared for the season. He was playing pretty well, in the pre season.

Whitehair just needs to be released... Find someone, who doesn't suck at center, and cut your losses.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
To be fair, Fields played better in this game than Trubisky did in that game that Khalil Mack almost single handedly won before Rodgers snorted Percocets at halftime.
I had a lot of flashbacks to that 2019 season opener against the Pack on Sunday.

I spent most of that season trying to figure out if the problem was the QB or the playcalling.

Turned out to be both.

Rinse, repeat.

*sigh*
I have a feeling it is this as well. A great qb will help cover for s**** play calling and a bad offensive line. There are still people holding out hope that Fields is a franchise qb just like people did with Tribusky. It becomes apparent that even though both Tribusky and Fields have athletic talent, they just do not have the ability to quickly read a defense. Its not for a lack of the QB trying, they just don't have it.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Same story as last year for Fields. The thing that worries me about him is that he is holding on to the ball way too long. Granted our OLine is not great but there is no reason to hold on to it that long when you can do short passes all day long. He seems to want to run a lot and this can be for many reasons, and I'm not sure Getsy is allowing him. Looks like he will eventually lead our team in rushing again and this will cause tension between him and Getsy... ultimately resulting in Getsy's release.

What's needed is a guy that can see the field quickly, given our bad OLine. What's also needed is for Getsy to start calling more short passes.
This is why a great qb can cover for a bad oline. The quick processing ability and getting the ball out quickly before the oline falls will make the oline look way better than it is. Fields just does not have it and its a reason why the oline looks so bad.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
At this point I think you could bring in the best minds in the NFL to call plays in Chicago and they'd fail. Chicago football is just cursed, I'm going to contact my psychic today and have a tarot reading why this is so. I will update you guys soon.
I call it the Charles Martin curse! It’s a real thing.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Why should Eberflus be retained at this point? He's basically a clone of Marc Trestman without glasses.

The HITS coach is horribad. Dude learning on the job headcoach cause he came CHEAP.

Mofo said the team played well down 4 at the half. Bet he was slapping butts at halftime

meanwhile . . .

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why should Eberflus be retained at this point? He's basically a clone of Marc Trestman without glasses.
Trestman had the 2nd ranked offense in his 1st year. The wheels fell off his 2nd year. Eberflus never had any wheels to fall off.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trestman had the 2nd ranked offense in his 1st year. The wheels fell off his 2nd year. Eberflus never had any wheels to fall off.
I'm aware that with Marshall Jeffery Bennett Forte etc that Trestman fielded a pretty good offense. But what he did as an overall coach and motivator etc was below average to put it kindly.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The quick processing ability and getting the ball out quickly before the oline falls will make the oline look way better than it is. Fields just does not have it and its a reason why the oline looks so bad.

Actually getting the ball out to his checkdown quickly and cleanly instead of taking bad sacks was something I thought Fields was doing very well to start the game. The undoing came from not successfully pushing the ball downfield.

The TD to Mooney was a textbook beauty, otherwise it seemed to be a toxic combination of bad play calls and Fields still struggling throwing with anticipation beyond the first down marker.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The HITS coach is horribad. Dude learning on the job headcoach cause he came CHEAP.

Mofo said the team played well down 4 at the half. Bet he was slapping butts at halftime

meanwhile . . .

Matt Eberflus earns an average annual salary of $4.5 million as the head coach of the Chicago Bears.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Luke Getsy speaks

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Getsy has never comes across as an offensive genius to me. I hope I'm wrong as appearances can be deceiving but he just doesn't appear especially cerebral.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Listen to Coach Prime @8:20 preaching dependable/reliable to his players. love or hate deion, dude has a gift. we are witnessing once in a generation boyz.

Meanwhile Eberflus slapping butts down 4 at the half.