Shane Doan?

R K

I'm saying he's #3 in my mind (for the team we have) Just because Oduya gets the minutes does not make him a #3 defensemen in my mind

Though I think Hammer is a #4 D man, and we don't have a legit #3

You are assuming Montedor is going to actually play. I'll believe it when I see it. As of right now, Olsen has a shot.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Its seems like the Preds are interested in Doan now...as long as we don't go after him Im good with it. Now Marrow is on the Block and that guy I would rather have then Doan, and Boyle is on the block too. I would be very happy to get both if the $$ is right yes they are old but they could bring some really good leadership to the team on both ends of the ice. Two solid players that know what it takes to win.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Its seems like the Preds are interested in Doan now...as long as we don't go after him Im good with it. Now Marrow is on the Block and that guy I would rather have then Doan, and Boyle is on the block too. I would be very happy to get both if the $$ is right yes they are old but they could bring some really good leadership to the team on both ends of the ice. Two solid players that know what it takes to win.

We already have too many #4 Defensemen, and Boyle has a 6.6 mil cap hit.

And Doan >> Morrow.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Why dont the Hawks offer Jamie Benn an offer sheet of 4-5 years at 5 million? He can play center and that would allow McNeill, Pirri, Hayes to develop more and if they become ready for the NHL before then, you can move Benn to LW.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stars would match any offer. They have loads of cap space with 23 under contract. They'd be insane not to match any offer for him.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Yah it's not going to be an issue matching a 5 million offer sheet for Benn. Don't even think Benn would sign a 5 million dollar offer sheet. I am sure he will be looking for the 6-7 mill per year long term in light of whats going around the league. Hasn't played 4 years has become a 60 point player..Dallas is going to pay this kid on potential. Which he has...he is only going to get better.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
At this point I think its safe to say the Hawks are going into next season with no improvements.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
At this point I think its safe to say the Hawks are going into next season with no improvements.

I wouldn't say no improvements. Every year under the belts of some of these guys is an improvement. Aren't the only team in the league with holes in the roster. The Hawks are still a very good team on paper and have great potential and some young potential to be excited about. It's a matter of getting what looks good on paper rolling in the right direction again.

I'm glad the team didn't go out and overspend or change the dynamics too much. I'm glad the Hawks on ice are still recognizable. Could have used a tweak at center like everyone else wanted but what can you do when the centers aren't there? Same goes for lw. At the very least the roster does have some players who can fill the center if the coaching staff uses them correctly this time around. As for lw? Well we will see how Stalberg goes this season..see how the young kids go.

My main concern this season is making sure the special teams are fixed. Some of the free agents wouldn't have hurt that but at the same time if the coaching is correct and if it doesn't become a giant mental breakdown like it was last year...then I have faith that the current roster can get the job done...it can't be worse.

p.s. not bringing brunnette and o'donell back is an improvement

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say no improvements. Every year under the belts of some of these guys is an improvement. Aren't the only team in the league with holes in the roster. The Hawks are still a very good team on paper and have great potential and some young potential to be excited about. It's a matter of getting what looks good on paper rolling in the right direction again.

I'm glad the team didn't go out and overspend or change the dynamics too much. I'm glad the Hawks on ice are still recognizable. Could have used a tweak at center like everyone else wanted but what can you do when the centers aren't there? Same goes for lw. At the very least the roster does have some players who can fill the center if the coaching staff uses them correctly this time around. As for lw? Well we will see how Stalberg goes this season..see how the young kids go.

My main concern this season is making sure the special teams are fixed. Some of the free agents wouldn't have hurt that but at the same time if the coaching is correct and if it doesn't become a giant mental breakdown like it was last year...then I have faith that the current roster can get the job done...it can't be worse.

p.s. not bringing brunnette and o'donell back is an improvement

Looking good on paper does not always guaranteeCups, As I do agree on there are some promises from the call ups that we saw last year, I just think we have some issues that can not be just swept under the mat. Don't need to over spend, they had chances to get some good depth at a good price, but did not. I really believe this is the make it or break some of it year.

sth

Liked Posts:
Everyone was ragging on Parise and Suter for delaying so long to sign. When is Doan going to sign already? It's been like 3 weeks of Doan drama. Pick a team already.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Everyone was ragging on Parise and Suter for delaying so long to sign. When is Doan going to sign already? It's been like 3 weeks of Doan drama. Pick a team already.

no shit, fucken spot light hog.

R K

Brookbank is certainly an improvement. Saad could most definitely be an improvement.

Players playing like they should, instead of not having good years could be an improvement.

SO it looks like the Hawks aren't going to over pay a bunch of UFA's to improve. I'm kind of ok with that.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I have to agree, sometimes addition by subtraction is improvement, haha. and not adding bad contracts.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haven't been following hockey much in the last week or so... whats the latest on Doan?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good at least I can continue to hate him if he goes to canucks. Does that mean that PHX is officially out?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
No, just if he leaves those are the locations, and they are saying Nashville as well, and SJ won't give him the 4th year which he seems to be holding onto for some reason.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
From just a few minutes ago.

"Shane Doan agent Terry Bross confirmed team outside of New York has offered 4 year deal worth at least $7 million per"

No idea who that team is.