Shane Doan?

Ton

Liked Posts:
Well...the C depth is going to be Toews, Kruger, Bolland, Mayers anyways...I don't think Toews, Kane, Kruger and Mayers is worse - when adding a young/power wing top line player

And the D? Sopel and Boynton were 5 and 6 on the Cup team...moving Leddy would make them "thin"? Olsen and Clendening are 2 young players some say aren't far away.

The Ducks are wanting a center back, from all "rumored" reports.

I think that Q wouldn't want Bolland moved for how much he plays him.

I just don't think a Kruger/Leddy/Saad (who I doubt the Hawks would offer with the hype they have on him)...would get it done

Boynton played all of 3 games... since when does that qualify as a #6 defenseman? Buff played D until Campbell returned making it Keith/Seabrook, Campbell/Hjalmarsson, and Sopel/Hendry for a majority of the run.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
My bad.....Hendry was so much better...how much has he played since being the 6th Dman where he played about 8min a game in the cup run...where has he been since?

Keith/Seabrook/Hjarllmarsson are all still here.

Campbell>Oduya...

But Brokeback and Montador are much better than Slowpel and Hendroynton

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And Oduya may not be able to skate like Campbell - but he can move the puck/is very good in that aspect of the transition game.

The skating is his only difference.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I liked Hendry. But he was hardly the same after his concussion and probably a big reason why his career never continued on a positive trend. Either way, I liked the D-core of the Cup team much better. Brookbank will bring many of the same attributes Sopel did but he can fight. I'd like to keep developing Leddy because he's probably the closest thing that we can get to replacing Campbell if he continues to develop on his trend -- not Oduya.

Keith/Seabrook

Leddy/Hjalmarsson

Oduya/Brookbank (Montador depending on his health)

That works for me. Until Clendening can prove himself, Leddy is not expendable in any scenario IMO, and even then I think it would be much smarter to deal Oduya. Olsen is not a replacement for Leddy at all. If anything he will replace Hammer/Montador this season if there is any trades, and if not he'll take Brookbanks spot as he is a clear band-aid.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Keep in mind, I'm a HUGE Leddy fan...and liked Campbell a lot.

Hendry...was never very good. Even before the concussion, he was a 10min a game guy.

Oduya is getting a bum rap for the playoffs - where he had 3pts in the 6gms..+1, 2nd on D in blocks/hits behind Seabrook in the playoffs, and leading up to them - he was a big part of them going 12-2-4 (where they played 13gms vs playoff teams in that stretch)

Meanwhile...Campbell in the 7gm series loss to NJD had 2 more points...but 2 less hits...same blocks...-2

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:

Hendry...was never very good. Even before the concussion, he was a 10min a game guy.

Oduya is getting a bum rap for the playoffs - where he had 3pts in the 6gms..+1, 2nd on D in blocks/hits behind Seabrook in the playoffs, and leading up to them - he was a big part of them going 12-2-4 (where they played 13gms vs playoff teams in that stretch)

Meanwhile...Campbell in the 7gm series loss to NJD had 2 more points...but 2 less hits...same blocks...-2

I don't have much of an issue with Oduya. I don't like the length of his contract, but with a lack of dmen in the pipeline, I guess it's not a huge deal. If anything it gives Olsen and Clendening (he was probably going to start there anyways) more time in Rockford.

I like Leddy as well and he's made some nice progress. People tend to forget, but the kid is only 21 years old and won't be 22 till next March. Obviously he's not the best defensively, but we knew that going in he wasn't the most defensively mature skater. He moves the puck real well and has great vision. He's great at making that first pass and he has, what I believe many young players don't have especially at his age, is PATIENCE with the puck. Grant it, he makes some mistakes as any 21 year old will, but he lets plays develop instead of just firing the puck to a guy who is open but isn't in much position to catch a pass.

Ton

Liked Posts:

I agree on Oduya. I like him, but I also think that you'd have to be nuts to trade Leddy over him. Unless the return is a 2nd line center, you have to keep Nick. Remember, we are talking about a guy who has the upside to dethrone Keith, and the downside of a top-four defenseman.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
If it's to get Ryan...I think Leddy may be a guy that they would have to move to get him...not sure Hjarllmarsson would get it done.

I'd keep Oduya over Hjarll

Leddy can skate like the wind as well. Again....HUGE fan of the kid and what he's done not just this past year, but even the year before the last 40gms.

And Oduya is only 30...3yrs at 3.38 ...is golden/a fucking steal.

I wouldn't want the Hawks to move Leddy to get...say Gagner. I think that would be a fleece/terrible move for the Hawks. Hjarll - ok.

If Leddy was moved to get a guy like Getzlaff....I'd do it. Ryan as well...

Ton

Liked Posts:
If it's to get Ryan...I think Leddy may be a guy that they would have to move to get him...not sure Hjarllmarsson would get it done.

I'd keep Oduya over Hjarll

Leddy can skate like the wind as well. Again....HUGE fan of the kid and what he's done not just this past year, but even the year before the last 40gms.

And Oduya is only 30...3yrs at 3.38 ...is golden/a fucking steal.

I wouldn't want the Hawks to move Leddy to get...say Gagner. I think that would be a fleece/terrible move for the Hawks. Hjarll - ok.

If Leddy was moved to get a guy like Getzlaff....I'd do it. Ryan as well...

Agree on Getzlaf, not sure about Ryan. I'm not saying I wouldn't do it, but I would have to think long and hard about that one.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Ryan...30+ goals in each of his first 4 seasons

Only 25yrs old

Still signed for another 3yrs

6'2 210 lbs ...396 hits the last 3 yrs

RH shot..and LW

Note - I doubt the Hawks are making a move on him...just discussing why I'd like the move of getting him. If the idea that the Hawks aren't going to be able to get a center...I think he'd be a great fit on the team...playing LW for Kane/Hossa

Then again...I'd still like the idea of Semin. I think the Canadian media more than anything rips too much into him and a change of scene/team is going to get a very motivated player.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Ryan...30+ goals in each of his first 4 seasons

Only 25yrs old

Still signed for another 3yrs

6'2 210 lbs ...396 hits the last 3 yrs

RH shot..and LW

Note - I doubt the Hawks are making a move on him...just discussing why I'd like the move of getting him. If the idea that the Hawks aren't going to be able to get a center...I think he'd be a great fit on the team...playing LW for Kane/Hossa

Then again...I'd still like the idea of Semin. I think the Canadian media more than anything rips too much into him and a change of scene/team is going to get a very motivated player.

The only way I would give Semin a contract is if it's a one year deal. Period. (had to type that to emphasize. PERIOD!)

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Not me....I'd give him something similar to Sharp's deal. He may not be the "leader" Sharp is...but he's definitely more talented, 3yrs younger.

I'm curious what the offers are that he's getting. I'd bet A LOT of the teams looking at him are offering like you think - the 1yr deal to "prove" he's not the cancer Dickhead Mcguire claimed him to be. Teams like DET, PITT, NJ....

He'd net 40g in his sleep on DET/PITT

But the last 2 years, he's only gotten the 1yr deals. He was a +9 last year on a team...where there weren't too many plus players. Last year was a messed up year in WASH. I think he'd be a good fit in the system the Hawks want to play.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Going back to Leddy and Centers....

What about a Leddy+ to get Statsny

They need a Dman in COL to pair with Johnson...still need to get O'Reilly signed I believe...

Ton

Liked Posts:
Going back to Leddy and Centers....

What about a Leddy+ to get Statsny

They need a Dman in COL to pair with Johnson...still need to get O'Reilly signed I believe...

In a heartbeat.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
With Semin being a "coach killer" too...I think Claude Lemieux wasn't well liked by many of his own coaches...Pat Burns and Herb Brooks for sure.

Didn't Brooks call him a "cancer" (while still coaching him)...to which Claude said - "Yep, my birthday is in July...so I guess I am a cancer"

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
What about Connelly in TOR ad an option at center? Signed for 1yr 4.75...might be able to dump Frolik for him?

I don't think he'd fit Carlyle's style...can help the PP/very good on the point...but injury prone

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
What about Connelly in TOR ad an option at center? Signed for 1yr 4.75...might be able to dump Frolik for him?

I don't think he'd fit Carlyle's style...can help the PP/very good on the point...but injury prone

hahahahaha no.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:

Burkey would never go for it.