Shane Doan?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow... Don't like the idea of either/or... But both on the Rangers, that would be deadly.

Only Sather is dumb enough to pay Doan 7.5 mil.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
And they still won't win the Cup.

Dunno... The thing they lacked in the playoffs (mostly thanks to gaborik being invisible) was goal scoring and offensive zone prescence in general. They have a great defense and arguably the best or second best goalie in the NHL. Seeing how far they got without offense last year... Adding Doan and Nash could be the key.

Not going to win the cup scoring under 2 goals per game... That would change with Doan and Nash.

sth

Liked Posts:
I've said it once and I'll say it again. We would have won the cup that year with Crawford, Neimi, Khabi fucking Bulan...basically anybody not named Huet.

We would have won the cup with Huet too. If the Flyers could reach the cup final with Leighton/Boucher the Hawks could easily have won with Huet. That team was loaded.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Far from trying to buy one now. Look at the home grown talent on that team. It would more be filling holes that they desperately need to fill on offense. Still can't believe they'd pay Doan that much.... Oh wait its Glen Sather.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I know you were joking and all, but this is almost a completely different league than it was in the 90's and most comparisons now-a-days just don't computer.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Everyone stand back... put on your rain coats, the Grimson explosion is about to erupt...

Rangers want Doan AND Nash And Labron

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=transparent]8:15[background=transparent]AM ET[/background][/background][/font]​

[background=transparent] New York Rangers[/background]

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=transparent] New York Rangers GM Glen Sather isn't trying to add one elite forward this summer -- he's attempting to land two, according to Larry Brooks of the New York Post.

[background=transparent]"It isn't either Shane Doan or Rick Nash or Labron James for the Rangers," writes Brooks, adding that Broadway "is believed a favored landing spot" for Doan, who met with Blueshirts brass Friday in the Big Apple. "It is, on Sather's blueprint, Doan and Nash and Labron."[/background][/background]
[/font]

Wow they really want to win bad! did not know he was a multi player athlete.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I was joking, but Richards, Doan, Nash.... Get the fucking drift....
Yeah, I basically agree with the point you were making, just not the reference to back it up. Seems like the Rangers have Yankees syndrome.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
And only 1 in the last 10 years... I only meant that professional sports has changed so completely in the last decade that it's not about who can buy the best team anymore, anything can happen. Sure the heat won this year... which I honestly think the shorten season has as much to do with that as any, but then you look at the other side and OKC has come out of no where the last few years to build really good teams. My personal feeling is that the little guy isn't going to win anymore, but you don't have to spend the most to win it you have to be smarter with the money. You have to spend enough to contend with the big boys, but if you are overpaying everyone, it's only going to make things worse. Not just the ego's in the room but just the added drama of money always creeping in the conversation.

R K

And only 1 in the last 10 years... I only meant that professional sports has changed so completely in the last decade that it's not about who can buy the best team anymore, anything can happen. Sure the heat won this year... which I honestly think the shorten season has as much to do with that as any, but then you look at the other side and OKC has come out of no where the last few years to build really good teams. My personal feeling is that the little guy isn't going to win anymore, but you don't have to spend the most to win it you have to be smarter with the money. You have to spend enough to contend with the big boys, but if you are overpaying everyone, it's only going to make things worse. Not just the ego's in the room but just the added drama of money always creeping in the conversation.

I don't disagree but adding two players like that after adding Richards is going on the same principle that cost them when they were near 100 mil in Salary not too long ago.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In order to get Nash, Sather just agreed to sign Crosby and Stills (E5)

R K

dregger is saying 3 of the 4 parts are Dubinsky, Erixson and a 1st round pick.

Anisimov is the last part..

Dubinsky, Erixson, Anisimov and a 1st round pick..

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol fleeced... I was worried it was going to be a package like they had on the table 2 months ago. I bet they try to move Gaborik.