Shane Doan?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AGAIN. Jesus Christ. I have figured out the hawks goaltending position. Take the guy you want to start, make him a backup. Let the #2 guy start. Midway through the season, swap them and BAM we win the cup.

Which one gets the bloated contract ?

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I don't agree with this either. Niemi brought us a cup and he flat out sucked in the Stanley Cup final. Luckily the other teams goalie sucked more.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. We would have won the cup that year with Crawford, Neimi, Khabi fucking Bulan...basically anybody not named Huet.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Doan's decision no closer - yet

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
[background=transparent]8:50[background=transparent]AM ET[/background][/background]​
[/font][background=transparent]

Shane Doan | Coyotes

[background=transparent]

[/background][/background][font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=transparent]

Although the Glendale, Ariz. city clerk's office rejected petitions on Monday that sought to put a referendum on the November ballot about the Phoenix Coyotesproposed arena management deal, 'Yotes captain Shane Doan is no closer to making a decision on his future, or lack thereof, in the desert.

[background=transparent]

"We're going to wait a couple more days to see if this Jamison thing goes through," Terry Bross, Doan's agent, tells Chuck Pleiness of Michigan's Press & Guide. "Not all the petitions have been defeated."[/background]
[background=transparent]

Bross says the Detroit Red Wings remain in the running if Doan leaves Phoenix, but he wouldn't come cheap: Pleiness reports that the 35-year-old has a four-year, $30 million offer on the table from an Eastern Conference team.[/background]
[/background]
[/font]

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This one is just trolling for a certain somone here.

Modano serious about return?

[background=transparent]7:47[background=transparent]AM ET[/background][/background]​

Dallas Stars

[background=transparent]

[/background][/background][font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=transparent]

Maybe Mike Modano wasn't just speaking hypothetically when he told multiple news outlets that he'd "listen" if offered another chance to play in the NHL.

[background=transparent]

Modano, 42, began working out on Monday, according to the Dallas Morning News. "I don't know what's going to happen with the CBA and everything, but I mean, one more year?" Modano told the paper's Mike Heika. "That kind of intrigues me."[/background]
[background=transparent]

As Yahoo's Harrison Mooney points out, Modano's mention of the tenuous collective bargaining negotiations is particularly interesting, as a work stoppage that results in a shortened season "might be ideal after a year away from the game."[/background]
[/background]
[/font]

daze71

Liked Posts:

[background=transparent]8:50[background=transparent]AM ET[/background][/background]

[background=transparent] Shane Doan | Coyotes[/background]

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=transparent] Although the Glendale, Ariz. city clerk's office rejected petitions on Monday that sought to put a referendum on the November ballot about the Phoenix Coyotesproposed arena management deal, 'Yotes captain Shane Doan is no closer to making a decision on his future, or lack thereof, in the desert.

[background=transparent]"We're going to wait a couple more days to see if this Jamison thing goes through," Terry Bross, Doan's agent, tells Chuck Pleiness of Michigan's Press & Guide. "Not all the petitions have been defeated."[/background]

[background=transparent]Bross says the Detroit Red Wings remain in the running if Doan leaves Phoenix, but he wouldn't come cheap: Pleiness reports that the 35-year-old has a four-year, $30 million offer on the table from an Eastern Conference team.[/background][/background]
[/font]

I meant more so the team not so much Shane Doan

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Was just posting, no real relation to your comment.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[background=transparent]8:50[background=transparent]AM ET[/background][/background]

[background=transparent] Shane Doan | Coyotes[/background]

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=transparent] Although the Glendale, Ariz. city clerk's office rejected petitions on Monday that sought to put a referendum on the November ballot about the Phoenix Coyotesproposed arena management deal, 'Yotes captain Shane Doan is no closer to making a decision on his future, or lack thereof, in the desert.

[background=transparent]"We're going to wait a couple more days to see if this Jamison thing goes through," Terry Bross, Doan's agent, tells Chuck Pleiness of Michigan's Press & Guide. "Not all the petitions have been defeated."[/background]

[background=transparent]Bross says the Detroit Red Wings remain in the running if Doan leaves Phoenix, but he wouldn't come cheap: Pleiness reports that the 35-year-old has a four-year, $30 million offer on the table from an Eastern Conference team.[/background][/background]
[/font]

Fuck that, stay away Stan stay away.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Fuck that, stay away Stan stay away.

That just sounds like the Rangers are desperate. Sather needs a prayer, and this is his offering.
<

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is a thread about Old Man Doan even at 9 pages? Insanity. No. Just. No.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Colossal offer for Doan (update)

[background=transparent]12:21[background=transparent]PM ET[/background][/background]​

Shane Doan | Coyotes

[background=transparent]

[background=transparent]

UPDATE: Between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Sabres, our money is on Terry Pegula's squad.[/background]
[background=transparent]

Host John Gambadoro of Sports 620 KTAR in Phoenix reports Shane Doan hasreceived "confirmed offers" from the Los Angeles Kings, San Jose Sharks,Vancouver Canucks, Detroit Red Wings, Sabres, and Penguins.[/background]
[background=transparent]

Of course there could be other unconfirmed offers in play. But of the two Eastern clubs mentioned, the Sabres might be more likely to pitch the rumored four-year, $30-million deal.[/background]

[background=transparent]
***[/background]​
[background=transparent]

At least one team in the East seems to want Shane Doan real, real bad.[/background]
[background=transparent]

Host John Gambadoro of Sports 620 KTAR in Phoenix reports there's word an Eastern Conference team has offered Doan a four-year deal worth $30 million. That works out to an average annual salary of $7.5 million (Zach Parise territory) -- over FOUR years. Doan will turn 36 years old in October.[/background]
[background=transparent]

No word on which team made the alleged offer, but half the league is reportedly interested in Doan. You have to wonder -- and this is pure speculation -- if the owner of the New York Islanders may have developed a hankering for the captain of the Phoenix Coyotes. The Isles remain well below the salary floor, and a proposal like this simply has a 'Charles Wang' feel to it.[/background]
[background=transparent]

Doan has been extremely candid about wanting to re-sign with the Coyotes if ownership issues are worked out, as expected. But such an offer would be very hard to refuse.[/background]
[/background]
[/font]

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Doan in no rush (update)

[background=transparent]10:50[background=transparent]AM ET[/background][/background]​

Shane Doan | Coyotes

[background=transparent]

[background=transparent]

UPDATE: According to Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic, the agent forShane Doan is offering up Friday as a soft deadline to move forward. If, at that point, there's no reassurance from Greg Jamison's group that a smooth sale is pending, Terry Bross will want his client to start sifting through other options.[/background]
[background=transparent]

"Let's narrow this list down and take a hard look at a few of the ones that you really feel like there's a really good fit now that you know who's interested and be fair to the clubs that you might not have as much interest in and let them know that they should go a different direction," Bross said re: what he plans to tell Doan. "That's probably the next step, and I'm hopeful that Shane will be open to going down that path by the weekend."[/background]
[background=transparent]

Seems like the agent is much more keen to get the ball rolling than the player. As it stands, Doan hopes to re-sign with the Coyotes.[/background]

[background=transparent]
***[/background]​
[background=transparent]

Forward Shane Doan is willing to take his time.[/background]
[background=transparent]

Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic reports the captain of the Phoenix Coyotes is in no hurry to make a decision on where to sign his next contract. Which suggests the Coyotes sit top of the list -- as long as the sale of the franchise to Greg Jamison remains a solid possibility.[/background]
[background=transparent]

"... General Manager Don Maloney believes it 'may be weeks' until Doan picks a team, and the Coyotes don't mind waiting ..."[/background]
[background=transparent]

But other clubs interested in the veteran forward may not be as patient. Which means the likes of the Detroit Red Wings, Los Angeles Kings, San Jose Sharks, Vancouver Canucks etc. could opt to move in a different direction soon.[/background]
[/background]
[/font]

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eastern Conference team has offered Shane Doan 4 years 30 mil. Fuck that sounds like a Glen Sather contract.......... the only thing we know is that it was NOT the Flyers.

Welcome to broadway..... I guess.

Ummm... what is that a E 345345234.

That's an impossible rumor. I get 4 years maybe, but I can say 100% no way he's getting 7.5 mil cap hit for 4 years. Not even torana counts that high.

$7.5M for a guy who might net 50-60 points during the regular season and then drop off his production in the playoffs? Not to mention, you're paying him for the twilight of his career. No thanks if true, and I'll believe it when I see it.

Ass suckers.

Pez68

Fire Waldron
Liked Posts:
That's fucking idiotic. He's not worth $5.5 mil..... He's 36 for fuck's sake!

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
That's fucking idiotic. He's not worth $5.5 mil..... He's 36 for fuck's sake!

5.5 is the new 4 million but totally agree regardless. Are we way beyond the point now where the cap ceiling is higher than any team used to spend buying a team in the pre lock out years?

it's not really even the amount of salary that fans bitch about anymore its the length of contracts. I would take a gamble on Doan for one year at 5.5 in this current nhl if I thought the team i ran was a legit contender (not without hesitation however) but those one year deals just don't exist anymore unless you are a low end player. Wouldn't go 2 years or more though at that price.

Never thought I would miss the day of buying teams for a one year run...but I sort of do. This cap shit and all the gm's running around it and agents playing to it sucks much worse than the days the Rangers tries to buy cup teams only to fail.

sniper

Liked Posts:
5.5 is the new 4 million but totally agree regardless. Are we way beyond the point now where the cap ceiling is higher than any team used to spend buying a team in the pre lock out years?

it's not really even the amount of salary that fans bitch about anymore its the length of contracts. I weuld take a gamble on Doan for one year at 5.5 in this current nhl if I thought the team i ran was a legit contender (not without hesitation however) but those one year deals just don't exist anymore unless you are a low end player. Wouldn't go 2 years or more though at that price.

Never thought I would miss the day of buying teams for a one year run...but I sort of do. This cap shit and all the gm's running around it and agents playing to it sucks much worse than the days the Rangers tries to buy cup teams only to fail.

ive sort of expected the prices to get jacked up around the league as it grows, but i agree with you, these contract lengths are beginning to get a bit ridiculous. i can understand a team like chicago wanting to lock up players like toews and keith long term and intend for them to retire in chicago... but some random team offering doan 4 years at 7.5 mil? even the weber offersheet makes more sense. on another note, garth snow doesn't look so outrageous signing dipi for 15 years at 60 mil now does he? if he wasnt so injury prone that could have been the best deal in the nhl right now.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the "soft" deadline to move forward has passed. That was a load of shit. And still no word on the mystery team out east. I get the feeling that the Phoenix version of JJ started that rumour.

Can it be more apparent that Doan wants to remain in the desert with a high probabilty/guarantee that the Jamison deal will close?

All the while his agent tries to squeeze every last nickel from the Yotes.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Everyone stand back... put on your rain coats, the Grimson explosion is about to erupt...

Rangers want Doan AND Nash

[background=transparent]8:15[background=transparent]AM ET[/background][/background]​

New York Rangers

[background=transparent]

New York Rangers GM Glen Sather isn't trying to add one elite forward this summer -- he's attempting to land two, according to Larry Brooks of the New York Post.

[background=transparent]

"It isn't either Shane Doan or Rick Nash for the Rangers," writes Brooks, adding that Broadway "is believed a favored landing spot" for Doan, who met with Blueshirts brass Friday in the Big Apple. "It is, on Sather's blueprint, Doan and Nash."[/background]
[/background]
[/font]