Should the Bears consider trading Kyle Long?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It further illustrates his bloated sense of entitlement.

However, I do regret using the term "boy". We are far more gender fluid in 2018. Next time I will use "spoiled rich white person".

Thanks.

fuckin' whities.......amirite

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You don't sell low or buy high. C'mon man.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
DT has had his injury issues to and he isn’t happy here once fox left so I am not creating another need if our depth does their job. Long isn’t a problem unless the injury bug get him too so why create a problem on offense. However I can see both being on there way out if the situation presents itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice moronic assumption. :facepalm2:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every situation is a fluid mix of variables.

Should we trade Kyle?

1. If he is playing well.
2. The team sputters cuz of defense or Trubisky and falls out of hunt early
3. 3 of Morgan, Kush, whitehair, Daniels are playing near his level.

If those 3 points are happening about week 8 you ask around

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Whoa there buddy.

Dial that racism back a few notches.
You can't be racist towards white people. You know that's entirely unpossible rite?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can't be racist towards white people. You know that's entirely unpossible rite?

I would be willing to wager that you are one of three people in all of Albuquerque that believes as such.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
:lmao:

Jon Gruden is not getting Nine Figures from the Raiders to blow picks on Howie Long's biggest disappointment since losing his contract with Radio Shack.

The worst part is this was a viable plan a few years back when he was getting Pro Bowl Noms just based on his last name, but all you dorkchops were too busy pretending that he was something special when really he is just another spoiled rich white boy that has clocked in more hours playing BIOSHOCK than playing the game this team gave him literally millions of dollars to not suck so badly at.

Like you as a poster, but a terrible take. Couldnt be more wrong IMO.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I would be willing to wager that you are one of three people in all of Albuquerque that believes as such.
Where is @remy or @bearmick when you need them to supply their load of horse apples?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Long has done nothing but what the Bears asked of him.....he is a very good guard. He was asked to move to tackle...he did it. As a tackle, he is a very good guard. He moved back to guard, got injured....Bears asked him to play injured. He forced their hand and got a new contract, good for him. A player uses leverage to make money. He continued to play injured because the Bears asked him to. He could have sat out the season and got healthy, but he played because he was asked. 3 surgeries later he is now ready to go for the season.

As for his video game playing....he is a man child...but on his own time. I have never heard of him missing playing time or scheduled activities because of video games.....even NFL players are allowed to have personal lives....this notion that he should be footballing instead of video gaming is meatball fan shit.....if you don't like his twitch stream or twitter don't look at it.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like you as a poster, but a terrible take. Couldnt be more wrong IMO.

Thanks.

As you probably know from all of my previous work on this fine website...I am infallible. So get on board, buddy!

FACT: Jon Gruden is getting paid way too much money to throw draft picks at gimpy linemen.

FACT: Howie Long is no longer employed by Radio Shack

FACT: Kyle's trade value was much higher when he was making the Pro Bowl

FACT: Kyle has played more hours of video games than football.

FACT: The Bears did give Kyle "literally millions of dollars".

So where did I lose you???

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish Long would grow up and blow 1000s at Strip Clubs like a real man

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Long has done nothing but what the Bears asked of him.....he is a very good guard. He was asked to move to tackle...he did it. As a tackle, he is a very good guard. He moved back to guard, got injured....Bears asked him to play injured. He forced their hand and got a new contract, good for him. A player uses leverage to make money. He continued to play injured because the Bears asked him to. He could have sat out the season and got healthy, but he played because he was asked. 3 surgeries later he is now ready to go for the season.

As for his video game playing....he is a man child...but on his own time. I have never heard of him missing playing time or scheduled activities because of video games.....even NFL players are allowed to have personal lives....this notion that he should be footballing instead of video gaming is meatball fan shit.....if you don't like his twitch stream or twitter don't look at it.

He's never been more then above average, and it's been a while since he's even been that. He's one of the most over rated players I've ever seen. His tough guy meatball act wore thin about 3 years ago. He's a supposed leader who just last training camp got into multiple fights with players on both sides of the ball.

Personally, I think the Bears would be much better if they moved on from him.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Long comes back healthy and performs well. Should the Bears ship him off before the trade deadline?

There seems to be an out in his contract after the 18 season. I'm not sure if thats a player or team option.

Regardless, dat interwebs mouthpiece will be due to make 26 mil from 2019-21.. seems like a lot, especially after drafting that beast Jack Daniels.

You going to tell us what we are trading him for? Would probably help me decide if I think we should trade him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's never been more then above average, and it's been a while since he's even been that. He's one of the most over rated players I've ever seen. His tough guy meatball act wore thin about 3 years ago. He's a supposed leader who just last training camp got into multiple fights with players on both sides of the ball.

Personally, I think the Bears would be much better if they moved on from him.

I have never heard Long called a leader or positioned as one for the most part. I'd say he is a mentor of younger players, but he is not and hasn't been the face of the franchise.

Long has been injured, but when healthy is not simply just above average.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/07/12/kyle-long-bears

[FONT=&quot]The Bears’ defensive upgrades earned deserved praise this off-season. However, moving Long back to guard from the right tackle spot he played in 2015 could be as critical a change as anything else. That is, if presumed starting tackles Charles Leno and Bobby Massie hold up well enough to allow Long to stick there—at least in Leno’s case, there are ample reasons for worry. But Long was a second-team All-Pro as an interior lineman back in ’14, and that is the spot where he A) is better and B) seems more comfortable. Long did not allow a single sack during the ’14 season as a guard; he coughed up nine on the outside in ’15, per STATS. In either spot he can be counted on in the run game, due to how well he moves for a 315-pounder. Long’s size, length and athleticism all combined to make him an OT candidate when the Bears needed one. They’re also all part of why he is exceptional as a guard.

[/FONT]

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Kyle Long is 30 years old and has a ton of injuries we would be lucky to get a 5th round pick. It's better to get him around.

He isn't 30, he isn't even 29.5, lol.

I am not trying to be that guy, but folks accelerate ages around here 1 yr all the time to make their points more salient. He will be 29 through most of this season, 30 next season. I don't think you could get much for him; I prefer to sit and see how he does as a 29 yr old this season, and then proceed in a rational way.

He got a lot of rest between last season and the offseason and addressed a bunch of stuff; let's see if his body has recovered and looks good. If he plays 13+ games and looks like the old OG we knew and loved, then i'm looking for him to be here a few more yrs if the contract makes sense. I could easily see him playing 4 more yrs at a high level if his body got taken care of.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Long should fight Nichols this year so they can be best friends after.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
With his age and injury history you would obviously take anything to get out of the contract. Not likely to receive any offers for those reasons though.