Should the bulls offer a tristan thompson a max?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Just to raise his price. Lebron wants him back and that would put cleveland in financial trouble since they also have to worry about love next year (he could opt out this year) as well as shumpert and jr smith. Lebron calls all the shots and cleveland knows thats he will use free agency as a leverage. He made them sign his boy mike miller and forced the trade for love. You can bet they will match any offer any team gives him.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They legally can't.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

This might be one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure he's already getting the max from Cleveland regardless.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Boom. Do it anyway.
The Bulls legally need to have cap space per the NBA Salary Cap rules in order to even offer a max contract. Since they don't have any room, they can't offer him such a deal. Only teams with cap space can offer Thompson anything.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Since the question has already been answered, why does the thread need to continue being open?

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Are we really at a point in which just a plain double double guy is worth a max?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Are we really at a point in which just a plain double double guy is worth a max?
NBA teams be dumb.

Also a max this offseason is a cheap contract in 2 years due to salary cap increases.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
NBA teams be dumb.

Also a max this offseason is a cheap contract in 2 years due to salary cap increases.
I am iffy on Draymond Green being worth a max but he's gonna get one regardless.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Bulls legally need to have cap space per the NBA Salary Cap rules in order to even offer a max contract. Since they don't have any room, they can't offer him such a deal. Only teams with cap space can offer Thompson anything.

Boom. Do it anyway. Write the check and flip Adam Silver off. Tell the cap to fuck off. Boom.

Rackshaq

Liked Posts:
How about get OUR GUYS TO BOX OUT AND REBOUND. COST NOTHING.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its going to be an interesting off-season.

The Hoiberg offense has no place for Noah, he should go. His inability to take high percentage shots beyond put backs is going to stagnate an up-tempo offense. No time to fiddle around and work it to Noah, let him look for his cutters. etc.

Gibson is the better fit. Its probably a pipe dream but a team of Rose-Butler-Snell-Gibson-Gasol is the best unit we can field. We need Mirotic and McBuckets first up off the bench. Plus draft a big please. Maybe Nate Robinson can be this years Nate Robinson. Or if Brooks is an option thats fine.

The question will remain if some of these players are the right fit for an offensive styled system where they are forced to score 115 to win. Rose and Butler need high percentage shots not just more possessions.

I'm fine with Thibs gone because we had no offensive system. I just hope we don't forget how to play defense.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm not sure any offensive system is the right fit for Noah.

The theory I imagine goes something like this: the majority of the roster will be able to recognize defensive situations based on what they've learned in the past 5 seasons, and since Thibs' strong side overload has been copied by the rest of the league a solid defensive assistant will work just as well. Offensively they'll be better and smarter, and put in better positions based on the coaching.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure any offensive system is the right fit for Noah.

The theory I imagine goes something like this: the majority of the roster will be able to recognize defensive situations based on what they've learned in the past 5 seasons, and since Thibs' strong side overload has been copied by the rest of the league a solid defensive assistant will work just as well. Offensively they'll be better and smarter, and put in better positions based on the coaching.

You still have a former DPOY on the team, arguably the best perimeter defender in the league, and another great defender on the bench, who won't just suddenly forget how to play great D. I also got to imagine that at least one of GarPax's yes men assistants will be retained, most likely Adrian Griffin, which will help maintain some of the team's respectability on the defensive end.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You still have a former DPOY on the team, arguably the best perimeter defender in the league, and another great defender on the bench, who won't just suddenly forget how to play great D. I also got to imagine that at least one of GarPax's yes men assistants will be retained, most likely Adrian Griffin, which will help maintain some of the team's respectability on the defensive end.
Griffin actually seems like a solid assistant and he's worked under several good defensive systems in his playing career. That said I'd still like some other good outside help added to the bench.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
We know for sure it's not going to be Ron Adams.