Should the bulls offer a tristan thompson a max?

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Its going to be an interesting off-season.

The Hoiberg offense has no place for Noah, he should go. His inability to take high percentage shots beyond put backs is going to stagnate an up-tempo offense. No time to fiddle around and work it to Noah, let him look for his cutters. etc.

Gibson is the better fit. Its probably a pipe dream but a team of Rose-Butler-Snell-Gibson-Gasol is the best unit we can field. We need Mirotic and McBuckets first up off the bench. Plus draft a big please. Maybe Nate Robinson can be this years Nate Robinson. Or if Brooks is an option thats fine.

The question will remain if some of these players are the right fit for an offensive styled system where they are forced to score 115 to win. Rose and Butler need high percentage shots not just more possessions.

I'm fine with Thibs gone because we had no offensive system. I just hope we don't forget how to play defense.

Mirotic and McDermott will get every opportunity to start. McDermott is considered the best shooter on the team. McDermott got Thibs fired as much as anything. At the minimum McDemott will be Kyle Korver.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Mirotic and McDermott will get every opportunity to start. McDermott is considered the best shooter on the team. McDermott got Thibs fired as much as anything. At the minimum McDemott will be Kyle Korver.
Pretty sure Thibs got Thibs fired.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To the OP, even if we could sign a max deal player...no.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
he'd be worth the max just to get him off our ass though

Thompson is a damn pest

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Thompson is a damn pest
Some other team is going to offer him the max. I fully expect Cleveland to match it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Thompson is a damn pest
He's a pest, but he's not that much of a pest. Our guys were just derping around

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Some other team is going to offer him the max. I fully expect Cleveland to match it.

then pay love max or look like a idiots for giving up the most hyped prospect since AD for a 1 year rental of guy you didn't even need

cavs are about to have allot of money invested in one position

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
then pay love max or look like a idiots for giving up the most hyped prospect since AD for a 1 year rental of guy you didn't even need

cavs are about to have allot of money invested in one position
Exactly what i was thinking. Damn, a lot of people got pissed about this idea.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Exactly what i was thinking. Damn, a lot of people got pissed about this idea.

Because it's dumb. Why would you offer a guy who provides no offense and no ability to protect the rim to a max contract? Because he is a really good rebounder? Hell no.

We are talking about giving Jimmy Butler the max...Thompson is no where near his level.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Because it's dumb. Why would you offer a guy who provides no offense and no ability to protect the rim to a max contract? Because he is a really good rebounder? Hell no.

We are talking about giving Jimmy Butler the max...Thompson is no where near his level.

My idea was just to give him a offer sheet just to jack up his price. And Thompson sure didn't have a problem finding offense against our "defensive-minded bigs" featuring last years DPOY.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My idea was just to give him a offer sheet just to jack up his price. And Thompson sure didn't have a problem finding offense against our "defensive-minded bigs" featuring last years DPOY.

That's quite the gamble. Not sure we even could do it financially.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
My idea was just to give him a offer sheet just to jack up his price.

Even in the NBA 2k world, that strategy is still dumb. In the real world, I'm pretty sure other teams with actual cap space to spend will offer him a lot of $$. However, they'd be morons to offer Taj 2.0 a max contract, which is exactly what Thompson is.