SI Names Bears' Tanner Gentry as best UDFA signing

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
You guys do know white receivers can make it in the NFL, right? White runningbacks? Now that's a bad history...

Anyway, before everyone starts comparisons to Sanzanbacher and Braverman (I know, too late), at the very least, this guy fits the bill as a WR - 6ft 2in.

Those other guys were 5-10, 5-11.

Not saying Gentry will be a star, but given how thin our WR corps are, he certainly has a chance to contribute, and maybe even challenge for the slot in a 3-wide set.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Articles read like he's the BEARS best UDFA signing, not the best UDFA singing in the league.

It'd be nice if he could contribute. Adam Thielen has been a nice surprise UDFA signing (out of Minnesota State Univ) for MIN.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
It would be nice if we could find a serviceable WR because I anticipate us being awfully thin with the Pup List Crew - White, Wright and Wheaton.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
You guys do know white receivers can make it in the NFL, right? White runningbacks? Now that's a bad history...

Anyway, before everyone starts comparisons to Sanzanbacher and Braverman (I know, too late), at the very least, this guy fits the bill as a WR - 6ft 2in.

Not saying Gentry will be a star, but given how thin our WR corps are, he certainly has a chance to contribute, and maybe even challenge for the slot in a 3-wide set.

Are you kidding, dude? If it weren't for #34 Sweetness, Matt Suey would have lost 20 pounds and been the most dynamic running back in NFL history. It wasn't his fault he was blocked by the MJ of RB's.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Here's a blast from the past. I remember when you were high on Andy Fantuz LOL.

I was getting killed by all the Canadians saying Fantuz was training camp fodder.

Sad the Bears WR corps is in the same shape as back then. Absolutely pathetic.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Blue collar guy, brings his lunch pail, probably has a high motor... all the attributes are firmly in place...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The typical ways to describe a white NFL player lol.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Gentry has a shot. I'm trying to figure out why he was so far off the radar. Physically he's got good size, good athletic numbers, very productive, his tape is really good. I can't figure out why he wasn't drafted, or even invited to the combine. sometimes guys just skip through the cracks, so hopefully that's the case here.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He can probably be really good on special teams if nothing else. An interesting prospect.