SI Names Bears' Tanner Gentry as best UDFA signing

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Funny how you have selective memory. I was hoping for Fantuz to be something, but never banking on it. All I argued was that he should be given the chance to fail with the pads on before declaring him a failure. That's ALL I was arguing.

I remember you specifically saying you thought he could be solid #2 WR (lol) based on his Canada tape and measurables. Not selective at all.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Biff51 AKA Brent Sobleski.... fellow slavic relative to Trubisky.... declared him the best UDFA the BEARs signed and we know what that means.... kinda like the SI curse

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What's funny is that noone can really define exactly what a number 1 receiver even is:)

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What's funny is that noone can really define exactly what a number 1 receiver even is:)

That's fairly simple. It's a player that the other team has the prepare for, change their scheme and draw double teams. A player that your team can rely on to make big plays.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe he can be the white Rod Smith :yep:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't forget about Mike Haas! That guys hands were Charmin soft!

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
So why did Gentry not get drafted?

Skill positions are always a needed commodity, and with his size, speed and catching ability, it is hard to believe that he fell off of all 32 teams boards without a reason.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So why did Gentry not get drafted?

Skill positions are always a needed commodity, and with his size, speed and catching ability, it is hard to believe that he fell off of all 32 teams boards without a reason.

Speed concerns and MW concerns maybe?

It happens every year.

I also do not think Gentry makes the team because he is a super under the radar superstar. I think he makes it because the Bears WR core isn't good and he can consistently catch the ball.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

It happens every year.

I also do not think Gentry makes the team because he is a super under the radar superstar. I think he makes it because the Bears WR core isn't good and he can consistently catch the ball.

That is likely the reason that he decided to come to Chicago. Who of the teams calling had the weakest WR core, thus giving him the best chance to make a roster, the Bears of course.

It would be great if we ended up with another Meredith type guy.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:

It happens every year.

Hopefully he can play special teams. It would be nice to see one of the udfa WRs be able to bump a player like Bellamy off the roster. I know special teams is important but I hate keeping players like Bellamy and McManus that offer nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He should be really good on special teams and I'm not sleeping on him at wr, either. I hate to throw clichés around, but he seems like a guy any team would want at the bottom of the roster at the least - seems like a football player. He has experience in a pro style system and has played inside and outside.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

We're Bears fans, what do you fuckin expect? It's not like we've had a parade of them through Halas Hall!