Signing Colin Kaepernick saves the Bears money

stallan54

Liked Posts:
Are some of you still talking about Kap? For starters, he sucks. Does he suck worse than Glennon? No. But the guy brings severe baggage and is very polarizing to half of the fan base. I'm concerned for the future of this country when I see posters sticking up for this piece of trash. Forget the kneeling. He's a communist who wore socks depicting dead cops. Yes, C-O-M-M-U-N-I-S-T. Look up the definition and then watch his stupid documentary and read his writings.

For that, owners know that by signing Kap will cause a hemmorage to merchandies and a possible boycott by more conservative supporters than the team can gain in progressives. Someone once said "Everything woke turns to shat". Yes it does.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Are some of you still talking about Kap? For starters, he sucks. Does he suck worse than Glennon? No. But the guy brings severe baggage and is very polarizing to half of the fan base. I'm concerned for the future of this country when I see posters sticking up for this piece of trash. Forget the kneeling. He's a communist who wore socks depicting dead cops. Yes, C-O-M-M-U-N-I-S-T. Look up the definition and then watch his stupid documentary and read his writings.

For that, owners know that by signing Kap will cause a hemmorage to merchandies and a possible boycott by more conservative supporters than the team can gain in progressives. Someone once said "Everything woke turns to shat". Yes it does.
At least you're admitting he sucks to you not due to his play as QB

stallan54

Liked Posts:
At least you're admitting he sucks to you not due to his play as QB
He can play in the NFL, but he isn't good enough to start. The question becomes at what tangible and intangible cost to the team. Each cost outweighs the benefit of signing him to a backup roll. Most football fans that are ticket holders and travel in to see a game are conservatives, and I would bet it's 75% of them. The owners know this.

Example: My brother is an executive for Delta. The CEO is a rainbow flag/ BLM flag waiving activist. Know why Delta didn't mandate vaccines when the CEO wanted to sooooo bad? Because 60% of Delta employees are black and it's a fact that more than 70% of them did not and will not get vax'd. If he applied the mandate, Delta would have been BK'd in a hot minute as those employees making a wage of $15-20 would have gone across the street to the business that didn't require the vax.. Owners know... Everything woke, turns to shat.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He can play in the NFL, but he isn't good enough to start. The question becomes at what tangible and intangible cost to the team. Each cost outweighs the benefit of signing him to a backup roll. Most football fans that are ticket holders and travel in to see a game are conservatives, and I would bet it's 75% of them. The owners know this.

But how are you determining this? There aren't 32 QBs starting in the NFL with a higher passer rating than he had in 2016. His PR would have been 15 this year. When you add in his contributions as a runner then there really is no argument that the NFL really has 32 starting QBs 100% better than him.

Kaep was a low end starter/high end backup. Let us not pretend there are really 32 legit starting QBs better than him. Still may not be worth the risk but just trying to put things in perspective.

stallan54

Liked Posts:
Are you forgetting Kap quit on his team and took the option to literally leave a $126 million contract to join the social justice warrior wokesters? Kap made a bold stance that was very polarizing. He got all the positive and negative attention he deserved.

When you go woke you turn to shat. PERIOD. That’s what happened to Kap. For that, I would Roll with all 32 current starting QB’s in the NFL today over having to deal with a day of this loser.

Side comment: if you watched Kap’s documentary and agreed with him, I feel bad about and caution your future. Not trying to be a prick. I’m serious:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are you forgetting Kap quit on his team and took the option to literally leave a $126 million contract to join the social justice warrior wokesters? Kap made a bold stance that was very polarizing. He got all the positive and negative attention he deserved.

When you go woke you turn to shat. PERIOD. That’s what happened to Kap. For that, I would Roll with all 32 current starting QB’s in the NFL today over having to deal with a day of this loser.

Side comment: if you watched Kap’s documentary and agreed with him, I feel bad about and caution your future. Not trying to be a prick. I’m serious:
Real men don't need to 'try'. amiright?
No offense but... LOL

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

I know typically when someone asks this question it's sometimes taken as a slam, but I am not doing that here. So, how old are you?

stallan54

Liked Posts:
I know typically when someone asks this question it's sometimes taken as a slam, but I am not doing that here. So, how old are you?
I'm 43. Business owner living in SWFL. I know, I can't grow up. I've been on Bears posting forums since 2001! I have computer time an hour a day and check the site during free agency for updates. I'm also a conservative activist so when I see something politically stupid like the Kap situation, I get a boner and can't keep my mouth shut. Most times the responses to my comments are uneducated and dumb. Some are good. So, aside from football, I like talking football politics. It's all connected isn't it?

Also, just so we are clear... I think liberalism and progressive thinkers are bad for America. Worse than bad. NFL owners think this way too, which is why they aren't signing Kap. It's hypocritical of them to say the least. If they believed in their values, then someone should sign Kap today... But they won't.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm 43. Business owner living in SWFL. I know, I can't grow up. I've been on Bears posting forums since 2001! I have computer time an hour a day and check the site during free agency for updates. I'm also a conservative activist so when I see something politically stupid like the Kap situation, I get a boner and can't keep my mouth shut. Most times the responses to my comments are uneducated and dumb. Some are good. So, aside from football, I like talking football politics. It's all connected isn't it?
Again, it's not even a slam at you, and I'm not trying to do that. Here is why I ask:

I'm 40 years old. I was 3 years old when the Bears won the Super Bowl. I have zero memory of that game, or the entire team. I also desperately want a Bears team that makes people forget about 85. If the Bears win a Super Bowl it's not going to be any less special because of Kaepernick. In fact, Kaepernick being the QB to win a Super Bowl for the Bears would be the biggest story in the NFL.

I just have a hard time believing others wouldn't care about a Bears Super Bowl victory just because it meant that he would also be getting a ring out of it. Or if he were the one who led it.

stallan54

Liked Posts:
Again, it's not even a slam at you, and I'm not trying to do that. Here is why I ask:

I'm 40 years old. I was 3 years old when the Bears won the Super Bowl. I have zero memory of that game, or the entire team. I also desperately want a Bears team that makes people forget about 85. If the Bears win a Super Bowl it's not going to be any less special because of Kaepernick. In fact, Kaepernick being the QB to win a Super Bowl for the Bears would be the biggest story in the NFL.

I just have a hard time believing others wouldn't care about a Bears Super Bowl victory just because it meant that he would also be getting a ring out of it. Or if he were the one who led it.
Gus - thank you for your open mindness and thoughtful discussion. I'm near your age. I remember watching the 85 Super Bowl. I was 7 but I remember it. Yes, Kap winning the Super Bowl with a team would be a HUGE story. Do you know how many people would appreciate the win? Not many conservatives (majority of sports revenue), which means it's bad for business and the bottom line of revenue would be significantly affected, no matter the "Kap Effect.". Owners don't care about optics. They care about money. For that reason, they won't be signing Kap.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Gus - thank you for your open mindness and thoughtful discussion. I'm near your age. I remember watching the 85 Super Bowl. I was 7 but I remember it. Yes, Kap winning the Super Bowl with a team would be a HUGE story. Do you know how many people would appreciate the win? Not many conservatives (majority of sports revenue), which means it's bad for business and the bottom line of revenue would be significantly affected, no matter the "Kap Effect.". Owners don't care about optics. They care about money. For that reason, they won't be signing Kap.
Fair enough, and for the record, I don't think the Bears will be signing Kap anytime soon either. I'm only suggesting I think most fans would get over it pretty quickly if it meant a parade down Michigan Avenue.

stallan54

Liked Posts:
Fair enough, and for the record, I don't think the Bears will be signing Kap anytime soon either. I'm only suggesting I think most fans would get over it pretty quickly if it meant a parade down Michigan Avenue.
We will agree to disagree. I think the fair weather Chicago fan who wants a day off from work to drink in the streets would get over it. Some conservative fans also, so I am not eliminating them from your theory. However since I did say 75% of money-spending fans are conservatives, I would say 25% of the fan base would completely boycott the team. I truly believe that in today's hyper-political environment. If you care about what I would do? I would probably watch on TV.... Not attend the 3-4 games I normally do every year... Not buy merchandies.. and certainly not be as excited about a championship as I would be if Kap were not on the team.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

1582265931428.jpg

Your original claim was that he was not a starting QB. I simply pointed out his passer rating would firmly place him in the starting QB group. A good response would have been to assert he would be a bad starting QB even if he technically was better than some of the other bad starting QBs in the NFL.

A terrible response which is what you did here is to just try and move the goalposts completely. I don't give a shit about Kaep politics or whether you like them or not. All I pointed out is that he was better than a few starting QBs in the NFL. That is all.

stallan54

Liked Posts:
1582265931428.jpg

Your original claim was that he was not a starting QB. I simply pointed out his passer rating would firmly place him in the starting QB group. A good response would have been to assert he would be a bad starting QB even if he technically was better than some of the other bad starting QBs in the NFL.

A terrible response which is what you did here is to just try and move the goalposts completely. I don't give a shit about Kaep politics or whether you like them or not. All I pointed out is that he was better than a few starting QBs in the NFL. That is all.
You clearly missed my point or didn't read the comment. I admit that Kaep is better than few QB's in the league. Not many and not enough to be considered by almost all NFL owners for the inherent risk it poses as EXTREMELY HIGH RISK with moderately low reward.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You clearly missed my point or didn't read the comment. I admit that Kaep is better than few QB's in the league. Not many and not enough to be considered by almost all NFL owners for the inherent risk it poses as EXTREMELY HIGH RISK with moderately low reward.

But....with Flores lawsuit looming, some team may bring Kap in. The NFL can then say, "see we're ok, we hired Kap"