Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Man does this guy look like a new man. He has to be 25-30 pounds heavier but he’s in great shape. He looks like a NBA player now. He had 27 points and 13 boards in 29 minutes. Throw in an assist, a steal and three blocks. He moves really well and has a decent handle for his size. I realize Summer League competition is watered down, but what I saw today is encouraging. You can tell he’s put in a lot of hard work. I think he sees real minutes this season.

Terry was as advertised. He’s a long, willing defender that can really pass the ball. He had 6 turnovers but I attribute that to the rag tag nature of these games. The first shot that was attempted on him, he blocked.

Bulls won 100-99.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Denzel Valentine was a Summer League stud.
I understand the context but I also see the vast improvement in the player year over year.
Valentine being a summer league stud really has no relevance here unless you’re suggesting the whole format is useless for evaluation of young NBA hopefuls.

Maybe this game was a mirage, but you should check him out and see what you think.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Would be nice if Marko could produce and play some real minutes. Anything the bulls get from him is bonus.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From The Athletic this morning:

“Simonović carried the Bulls to a 100-99 overtime victory over Dallas on Friday in the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. He scored 27 points and had 13 rebounds. In the final four minutes of regulation and overtime, he scored eight points with two rebounds, one steal and one block.

“Marko saved the day,” Terry said.

This is how the team’s 2020 second-round pick announced his presence. After a lesson-filled debut last year in Summer League, Simonović vowed to be better this go-round. In the days leading up to Friday, he reported being more comfortable going into his second season and more understanding of the NBA game. Simonović remained in Europe for one season after the Bulls selected him at No. 44 in 2020, and he logged only 35 minutes over nine NBA contests as a rookie. The lion’s share of his experience came in the G League.

Simonović entered summer play, however, as one of several Bulls worth watching. He added weight since the season ended, swelling to 240 pounds after coming into last season at 215 pounds. Bulls Summer League coach John Bryant said Simonović showed improved hands and read-and-react ability throughout the team’s summer practices. Bryant was not surprised to see how well Simonović performed.”

Regarding Terry:

“Terry’s versatility was as good as advertised. His passing popped in the first five minutes as he found cutters and open shooters in the corner with superb vision and pinpoint passes. He also routinely orchestrated pick-and-roll sets, looking comfortable and in control as he navigated and manipulated the defense. But as Terry searched for teammates, he passed on shots. His first attempt to score didn’t come until the 8:45 mark of the second quarter, when he drove into the lane and drew free throws. His first aggressive shot attempt came with 9:32 to play. The bulk of his offense came in transition, where his length and acrobatic contortions allow him finishing angles, and on free throws.”

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I understand the context but I also see the vast improvement in the player year over year.
Valentine being a summer league stud really has no relevance here unless you’re suggesting the whole format is useless for evaluation of young NBA hopefuls.

Maybe this game was a mirage, but you should check him out and see what you think.
I actually caught his game winner and I thought his move was good. Didn’t really check out his size bc I was in a bar when it was on. Him playing well is like finding a $20 in your coat pocket when winter rolls around again. I’m just saying, let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Summer League aces are the Bulls' version of Bears Training Camp heroes, especially the undrafted WR who has a couple of receptions in a preseason game that fans hype up ridiculously.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Summer League aces are the Bulls' version of Bears Training Camp heroes, especially the undrafted WR who has a couple of receptions in a preseason game that fans hype up ridiculously.

He averaged 17 and 10 in the G League last year and added 3 assists per game. The staff had a development plan for him that included improving his nutrition, filling out his frame and getting stronger. You might want to take a look at this guy with your own eyes before suggesting I’m “hyping him up ridiculously.”
Also, I stated what he did might be a mirage but his performance was encouraging.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Marko did not carry over his success to the next game. Welp

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Marko did not carry over his success to the next game. Welp
He was fairly invisible in games two and three. He played a pretty good game today.

On the other hand, Terry has improved every time out and put together a real nice game today. He filled up the stat sheet and they won.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
In the 5th game Simonovic had 26 points, eight boards, one block and one steal. The Bulls are 4-1.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not Marko related, but RIP to Dalen Terry's hamstring which he apparently injured in the finale. The first in what I'm sure will be many injuries on the Bulls roster this season as we stroll our way to another 1st round exit.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not Marko related, but RIP to Dalen Terry's hamstring which he apparently injured in the finale. The first in what I'm sure will be many injuries on the Bulls roster this season as we stroll our way to another 1st round exit.

Last edited by a moderator:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's like MJ says in Spiderman...if you set your expectations low you can't be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I don’t think expecting a first round exit is even setting the expectations that low. Setting them low would be to say the team will go through a bunch of injuries and miss the playoffs. A first round playoff exit is a fair and reasonable prediction. There’s no reason to believe they’ll advance past that and I could envision a scenario where they miss the playoffs. Although, I think they will make it

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t think expecting a first round exit is even setting the expectations that low. Setting them low would be to say the team will go through a bunch of injuries and miss the playoffs. A first round playoff exit is a fair and reasonable prediction. There’s no reason to believe they’ll advance past that and I could envision a scenario where they miss the playoffs. Although, I think they will make it
Actually you're right, since they traded their 1sts away, missing the playoffs is a worse outcome.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Actually you're right, since they traded their 1sts away, missing the playoffs is a worse outcome.
I think next year it’s top 4 protected? So if they land in the top of the lottery then that could be a win? I don’t foresee that happening though unless the entire team ended up injured

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think next year it’s top 4 protected? So if they land in the top of the lottery then that could be a win? I don’t foresee that happening though unless the entire team ended up injured
I think this team has far too much talent to finish in the bottom 4 of the league unless both Zach and Demar are out the entire season. They'd really have to luck into a top 4 pick if they missed the playoffs. Missing the playoffs is certainly possible with the right injuries, but most likely that pick conveys to Orlando.