Simonovic - Today v Mavs - Summer League

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think this team has far too much talent to finish in the bottom 4 of the league unless both Zach and Demar are out the entire season. They'd really have to luck into a top 4 pick if they missed the playoffs. Missing the playoffs is certainly possible with the right injuries, but most likely that pick conveys to Orlando.
Agreed. I think they end up around 45 wins again. I think the usual suspects will miss chunks of time and I can’t envision DeMar repeating the year he had and seemingly hitting every game winner he took.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand the context but I also see the vast improvement in the player year over year.
Valentine being a summer league stud really has no relevance here unless you’re suggesting the whole format is useless for evaluation of young NBA hopefuls.

Maybe this game was a mirage, but you should check him out and see what you think.
Once I understood the relationship with Vucevic as the “older brother” I understood the hope of the front office in our front court depth.

They might not love it either but at the end of the day they haven’t blown this re-build up because it means giving up on the two biggest hopes for improvement,

Simon and PW

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. I think they end up around 45 wins again. I think the usual suspects will miss chunks of time and I can’t envision DeMar repeating the year he had and seemingly hitting every game winner he took.
If we can sneak in the playoffs with momentum it would be better than what happened this year.