So does this mean Mack is 100% part of the Wilson trade?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Wouldn’t this be throwing away money by being on the hook for his bonus for years? My feeling is this kind of restructuring would normally mean the player is staying rather than going.
It would mean we’d eat more of Mack’s contract so Seattle didn’t have to, hopefully making the trade more appealing to them.

Don’t think that’s why we did it, but it’s an interesting thought.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think Virginia is part of the trade.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But if taking a cap hit on Mack increased his value to SEA and made a Wilson for cheap contract Mack, Fuller, 2021 1st, and 2021 3rd that would be quite the move.

But it would come at the cost of a net total of a 40 mil cap hit in 2021 for the Bears in the scenario you suggested. With the Bears hovering around the limit already, and at least another 8 mill needed for draft and slush money, where do the Bears find that? Not to mention the Saints would need to create another 15 mil in cap themselves to accommodate the trade.

I get what your saying in theory, but it ignores the current cap implications of both the Bears and the Hawks, so I am not so sure how "suave" a move this would be.

So with Mack, Jackson, Fuller, and Whitehair all either restructured or committed in the trade you suggested, Where do the Bears find the additional Cap space?

Cut Graham
Cut Hicks
Restructure Quinn

That might get you a bit north of 20 mil additional, and your not even half way there yet.

It almost means with certainty you are rescinding the tag on AR, or you have to sign him to a long term deal before any of this happens.

Last edited:

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not even 100% that we are getting Wilson at all , Mack or no Mack

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So you acknowledge that my point (as stated) was not his post, but rather the fact a new thread was created for it.

He could post on one of the infinitely similar threads already available.

It really isn’t that hard to understand now is it? So what are you arguing about?

Now I can’t imagine you didn’t understand the point from the start, so I’ll assume for your sake you’re just being a pretentious idiot and not a legit Special person with your (lack of) logic.
WTF are you talking about?

It was announced Mack restructured, I noticed it in a thread about multiple Bears restructuring their contracts. I have an unlikely yet different take on what may be the purpose of his restructuring that I would like to see others thoughts on.

Whatever is a person to do on a message board when they have a new message to discuss? I know it sounds a bit crazy and potentially onerous to the "too many threads" afflicted, but some of us think starting a new thread when we have a new idea is kind of a thing.

Sorry if my 2nd thread of March seems like I am spamming the board to you. I know it would be great if we only had to flip through 2 pages to see every thread ever made, but alas...

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
What I love about the Mack WWE move is that Brady has a front row to see his tackle get abused, and proceeded to forget what down it was because Mack was in his head!!

Brady of course went on to win the SB, again, but for 1 game, the Bears got the better of him!!