So we traded the #33 pick for Claypool?

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:
If Claypool had been better player and not screwed some big plays and learned playbook... Then Bears have much more wins right now. Maybe record 6-11 and not have #1, maybe #8.

they kept his ass out cuz they knew they would win with him. Bears did everything they could to lose each game, thus the top pick

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The 32nd pick for Claypool is not good value. Not sure why that makes some of you some angry. Hopefully he plays much better next year. But if you can't find a better player at pick 32 than Claypool you are not a good GM.
Its not just if the Bears could have found a better PLAYER at that pick than Claypool. The question is if they could have found a better RECEIVER. You know…the position everyone bitches about Fields not having enough help at. Considering Claypool is still only 24, has produced in the NFL, and still has upside, the trade was fine. There are no worthwhile FA. If Poles didn’t make the trade he would basically be locked into drafting one in the 1st (terrible strategy) OR praying a 2nd round WR produces at a high level (risky).

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Its not just if the Bears could have found a better PLAYER at that pick than Claypool. The question is if they could have found a better RECEIVER. You know…the position everyone bitches about Fields not having enough help at. Considering Claypool is still only 24, has produced in the NFL, and still has upside, the trade was fine. There are no worthwhile FA. If Poles didn’t make the trade he would basically be locked into drafting one in the 1st (terrible strategy) OR praying a 2nd round WR produces at a high level (risky).
Time will tell if the trade was "fine."

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Time will tell if the trade was "fine."
I suppose , but again, if he didn’t make it he would

A. Be forced to draft a WR in the 1st
B. Hope to God a 2nd/3rd round rookie WR produces right away

That was clearly a path Poles did not want to go down and I 100% agree with him

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:
And let us not forget Justin fields held on to the ball longer than any QB in the nfl, maybe trade fields take stroud

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody can evaluate the Claypool trade until AT LEAST the complete next year has run its course. THEN we'll see if it's worth it. If we have Mooney, Claypool and Johnston/JSN/Addison, we are MUCH improved. Plus OL improvements, I'm sure. And a DEF that will be much better (can't be much worse).

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
Not gonna sugarcoat it but it's looking like a disaster trade for the bears right now. Let's see what he can do next year though.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
There are virtually zero WRs that are quality and will hit the free agent market plus it is a weak draft for WRs. Claypool is legit. Bears didn’t even attempt to win the last 3 months. Poles looking like a genius
I agree, Chase will ball next year. I will even go on a limb and say the same for Harry. With those 2 plus Mooney and Kmet plus at least 1-2 WR's in the draft and we will be loaded for pass catchers for JF.