So. What does a Mel Tucker Defense Look Like?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
rudder: "um, I don't like eating shit."

teddykgb: "well, Emery is gonna sprinkle salt and pepper on it in april, then I will take 3 bites to see if I like it"

You don't like eating it, but you sure know how to spew it.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
rudder, since like bulls you make mental retardation sufferers feel like members of MENSA, let me spell it out for you.

Homer: "YAY! BEARS ARE THE BEST! YAY! EVERYTHING THEY DO IS GREAT! YAY!"

Myself and other Sane People: "Yeah, that move makes sense due to the facts. I could see either argument. Personally, I'll wait and see what happens 3 games into next year before making a decision"

Meatballs (like you): RAR YOU FREEEKIN IDIAT HOMERZ! FIRE TUCKER! FIRE EVERYONE! IF YOU DON"T AGREE WIT ME YUR A HOMER!! SEE THAT GUYZ I CALLED THAT GUY A HOMER HAHA!! (other MEATBALLS) YAH YA HOMER LOL LOOK HUW SMARTS WE IS!!!!

/endthread

rudder

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
rudder, since like bulls you make mental retardation sufferers feel like members of MENSA, let me spell it out for you.

Homer: "YAY! BEARS ARE THE BEST! YAY! EVERYTHING THEY DO IS GREAT! YAY!"

Myself and other Sane People: "Yeah, that move makes sense due to the facts. I could see either argument. Personally, I'll wait and see what happens 3 games into next year before making a decision"

Meatballs (like you): RAR YOU FREEEKIN IDIAT HOMERZ! FIRE TUCKER! FIRE EVERYONE! IF YOU DON"T AGREE WIT ME YUR A HOMER!! SEE THAT GUYZ I CALLED THAT GUY A HOMER HAHA!! (other MEATBALLS) YAH YA HOMER LOL LOOK HUW SMARTS WE IS!!!!

/endthread
2kuo.jpg

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
look at RM credentials and you'll see he's been a dline coach for most of his career, he was promoted by lovie only because he was forced to hand over defensive play calling duties and demote babich the DC at the time. Even while promoted he still worked with the dline more than anything else, he just had a title of DC, the defense rarely adjusted and why did they need to, everyone was playing at a such a high level. The bears are one of a few teams that rarely got hit by the injury bug on the defensive line which was cog in this defense. Angelo's draft ineptness coupled with multiple injuries on the dline and multiple LB injuries, what could emery do with minimal cap space? what could tucker do? you can't stop the run with 3rd stringers, little pass rush and rookie LB's who are not ready. The safeties were asked to do more in run stopping and coverage, the result was they crumbled under the pressure.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I'm sure it's already been said, probably by myself as well, but it's worth mentioning again...

merda.jpg

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Trestman/Emery obviously found some glitter of hope in Tucker's record... Don't know what... I've looked over his record in Jacksonville and it's underwhelming at best. His 1st year playcalling as a DC was OK. Everything else (before and after) looks, on first glance, like garbage... I'm really making a conscious effort to find a positive spin on this decision. It's very hard...
It could be Emery and Trestman are looking more at takaways, as DB's coach and DC in Cleveland the Browns had 73 int's between 2005 and 2008. As the Browns DC in 2008 Tuckers D had 31 takeaways. For the short time our D was healthy this past year, I think we had 14 takeaways in the first three games.