So. What does a Mel Tucker Defense Look Like?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Then why not fire all the position coaches because no one looked prepared out there ever.

Right, because whenever something goes wrong, the answer is always to rant like a lunatic and scream "FIRE EVERYBODY!!!"

Damn you're such a dope.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Then why not fire all the position coaches because no one looked prepared out there ever.

Come on, the CBs had pretty good years especially considering Tillman's injury. That's probably what spared Hoke given how bad the safeties were.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Right, because whenever something goes wrong, the answer is always to rant like a lunatic and scream "FIRE EVERYBODY!!!"

Damn you're such a dope.

Do u not see the hypocrisy of the excuse narrative? And u try to call people here naive? I wasnt calling everyone to be fired but just pointing the inconsistencies of the excuse narrative that u continue to pander.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
VVV

2uekz83.jpg

Heh, sorry, that wasn't Tucker's Defense that was Tucker's second string Defense.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Heh, sorry, that wasn't Tucker's Defense that was Tucker's second string Defense.

And in some cases his third. How do you count guys who come in off the street on the depth chart, anyways?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
And you still won't post it. Proves the point that you did have an agenda and are just trying to be cute with words over it.

You're so full of shit its coming out your fingers every time you type.

I hope you're not really Russian. Most of the Russian people I know are a lot smarter and logical than you.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
The book is out on turner! He was the 6th d and then fell to a bottom feeder the next season and the unit improved on his departure. Was given a probowl defensive unit and was driven the ground as a bottom feeder. wtf dude? do u have eyes?

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
phair was actually a good position coach, melton developed nicely. I can get the tibesar narrative, as the lbs are more important to defensive playcalling but phair was a scapegoat and the calls go straight from the dc to the lb. Even is tibesar was relaying the calls, its still verbatim from the dc.

melton developed nicely? or was it RM who did most of the developing? RM has always been known as a dline guy, yea phair was there in 2010 but when RM is so involved with the dline how much credit really goes to phair?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
In a serious response maybe Tucker was more aggressive because early in the season he had the horses to do it and knew the back end of his defense sucked so he was trying to hide those safeties by being aggressive. Perhaps some of the aggressiveness isn't truly a "Tucker Defense" but was a tool employed to make the most of what he had or hide weaknesses.

I couldn't agree more...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
foghorn-head-cut-off-o.gif
foghorn-head-cut-off-o.gif

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
melton developed nicely? or was it RM who did most of the developing? RM has always been known as a dline guy, yea phair was there in 2010 but when RM is so involved with the dline how much credit really goes to phair?

Well if positional coaches are getting credit then he should be credited for being the coach of a probowl DT. If that credit belongs to marinelli, then we see the importance the DC has on development, which we had none this season only regression to a massive degree. Melton helped the d, but was played like a shell of himself from day 1.

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
love the people who act like turner was just born yesterday into the nfl. The guys has been around for a awhile and the results have been mediocre, at best.

and i love how people on this forum don't seem to realize thats how the NFL works. like i have said before teams were interviewing josh mcdaniels ... josh freaking mcdaniels and apparently Ken Whisenhunt is going to get another chance to be a head coach ... a guy who had 2 winning seasons in Arizona. that guy is going to get another head coaching job.

its how the NFL works

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Well if positional coaches are getting credit then he should be credited for being the coach of a probowl DT. If that credit belongs to marinelli, then we see the importance the DC has on development, which we had none this season only regression to a massive degree. Melton helped the d, but was played like a shell of himself from day 1.

Who was the dline coach in 09 that was teaching melton? it sure wasnt phair but yet you still think he deserves credit because he uhmm reinforced what he was taught already?

look at RM credentials and you'll see he's been a dline coach for most of his career, he was promoted by lovie only because he was forced to hand over defensive play calling duties and demote babich the DC at the time. Even while promoted he still worked with the dline more than anything else, he just had a title of DC, the defense rarely adjusted and why did they need to, everyone was playing at a such a high level. The bears are one of a few teams that rarely got hit by the injury bug on the defensive line which was cog in this defense. Angelo's ineptness to build depth coupled with multiple injuries on the dline and multiple LB injuries, what could emery do? what could tucker do? you can't stop the run with 3rd stringers, little pass rush and rookie LB's who are not ready. The safeties were asked to do more in run stopping and coverage, the result was they crumbled under the pressure.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
and i love how people on this forum don't seem to realize thats how the NFL works. like i have said before teams were interviewing josh mcdaniels ... josh freaking mcdaniels and apparently Ken Whisenhunt is going to get another chance to be a head coach ... a guy who had 2 winning seasons in Arizona. that guy is going to get another head coaching job.

its how the NFL works

There are probably worse guys to run the offense than J. Mcdaniels. This was the worst run defense since 1961, literally could not get worse. The bears could have made an offer to frasier, probably a better situation here, but we pass on the guise of evaluation. Which i think was an outright lie based on the evidence. The excuse snowball is perpetual.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Jay said this turner dude is gonna be here a long time. How can anyone say that , ever, about a coordinator of a historically bad defense. That was a sign. Jay is asking for help.

Nick80

There are probably worse guys to run the offense than J. Mcdaniels. This was the worst run defense since 1961, literally could not get worse. The bears could have made an offer to frasier, probably a better situation here, but we pass on the guise of evaluation. Which i think was an outright lie based on the evidence. The excuse snowball is perpetual.

You moan A lot. I don't think it changes the longer you moan. Same with bringing up facts, you can prove anything with them, yet it doesn't change the reality that the Bears are going to move forward with a DC that no one is truely happy about being here, but he is and will be.

Same shit different day and all that, arguing with walls also comes to mind.

3rd and Long

Liked Posts:
Trestman/Emery obviously found some glitter of hope in Tucker's record... Don't know what... I've looked over his record in Jacksonville and it's underwhelming at best. His 1st year playcalling as a DC was OK. Everything else (before and after) looks, on first glance, like garbage... I'm really making a conscious effort to find a positive spin on this decision. It's very hard...

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
You moan A lot. I don't think it changes the longer you moan. Same with bringing up facts, you can prove anything with them, yet it doesn't change the reality that the Bears are going to move forward with a DC that no one is truely happy about being here, but he is and will be.

Same shit different day and all that, arguing with walls also comes to mind.

If i dont moan i might cry st8 up bro. I may not be as mature as u.