So. What does a Mel Tucker Defense Look Like?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Yes, the "I won't post the year because it destroys my argument" season.

The interesting thing is I didn't make an argument. I posted stats and let you make it... Which you did.

And your conclusion was he sucks.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Point is, if you're going to be an ass and bury a guy, be honest and do it fairly, and post the good with the bad. Instead of just being a meatball-pandering shit head.

I didn't bury anyone. I just posted stats.

Sensitive, aren't we...

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know the peanut gallery will say "like shit" or somesuch, but being serious, from a technical and feel standpoint, what does it look like?

Well, here and there, I've told people the one game all season that felt like it had Tucker's finger prints all over it, and just felt different from the usual Tampa 2 stuff was the Pittsburgh game. Lots of dialed up corner and linebacker blitzes coming from all sorts of creative angles. Tucker out-Dick_Lebeaue'd Dick Lebaeu in that game.

Well, it seems I am not alone in that observation:

http://www.hubarkush.com/2014/01/13...ck-position-coaches-get-blame/a1luhwl/?page=1

I didn't see that level of creativity as the season went on, but injuries started to pile up as well. The thing is, that sort of concept works better as a two gap system with bigger guys up front holding down the run.

We'll see, but this might give people some ideas as to what players to start looking at in the upcoming draft.

I liked them getting pressure that game, but imho blitzes do better in the short term than the long-term. Once the opponents start expecting you to blitz (and just as importantly, figure out where your blitzes will come from), a good QB will eat you alive. That old saying "You live by the blitz, you die by the blitz" has some truth to it. That being said, I'll get behind my Bears team, even though I'm a little nervous about Tucker.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
EXACTLY. Thats why on the Laurence Holmes show, Rashied Davis said the same exact thing - that the issues fall on the position coaches.

And your getting your information from a guy who barely saw the field on the offensive side of the ball and never was part of the organization when Tucker was there. How is that a legit source?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
The interesting thing is I didn't make an argument. I posted stats and let you make it... Which you did.

And your conclusion was he sucks.

Don't be a dick. You know exactly what you were getting at. Pretending to be naive now is just ridiculous. And it seems like you are just deflecting from posting that year I asked for. Go on, if you are just posting stats, post that one.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Maybe he can call me an ass again... That'll teach me a lesson.

If you two are done giving each other a reach around, care to post that year I requested, or do you need time to photoshop it first?

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
And your getting your information from a guy who barely saw the field on the offensive side of the ball and never was part of the organization when Tucker was there. How is that a legit source?

Yet he was correct that the lb and dl coaches would be fired weeks before it happened.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:

Because he is someone who was an NFL player in the league for years and KNOWS generally speaking what coaches are responsible for what things, moron.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Don't be a dick. You know exactly what you were getting at. Pretending to be naive now is just ridiculous. And it seems like you are just deflecting from posting that year I asked for. Go on, if you are just posting stats, post that one.

Oohhh.

Now I'm an ass and a dick....

Im not pretending to be naive. I'm pretty much the polar opposite of naive.

That's how I lead to to draw your own conclusion on your message board on your thread...

And when you concluded he sucks - based on valid neutral stats, you got mad. Because you realized you had countered your own thesis.

ouch...

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
phair was actually a good position coach, melton developed nicely. I can get the tibesar narrative, as the lbs are more important to defensive playcalling but phair was a scapegoat and the calls go straight from the dc to the lb. Even is tibesar was relaying the calls, its still verbatim from the dc.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
Oohhh.

That's how I lead to to draw your own conclusion on your message board on your thread...

And when you concluded he sucks - based on valid neutral stats, you got mad. Because you realized you had countered your own thesis.

ouch...

Eddy KGB doesn't add much to the discussion with his name-calling. The sign of an inferior intellect.

Saluki

Liked Posts:
phair was actually a good position coach, melton developed nicely. I can get the tibesar narrative, as the lbs are more important to defensive playcalling but phair was a scapegoat and the calls go straight from the dc to the lb. Even is tibesar was relaying the calls, its still verbatim from the dc.

I think they're using development as the main reason they fired him. The backups were ill prepared to step onto the field and play, granted they were two rookies who had no bussines out there in the first place, but they were ill prepared none the less.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Oohhh.

ouch...

And you still won't post it. Proves the point that you did have an agenda and are just trying to be cute with words over it.

You're so full of shit its coming out your fingers every time you type.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Eddy KGB doesn't add much to the discussion with his name-calling. The sign of an inferior intellect.

Says someone who slams people as well.

Physician, heal thyself. Don't worry, giving mongo a BJ can wait.

bullsadonisdna

Liked Posts:
I think they're using development as the main reason they fired him. The backups were ill prepared to step onto the field and play, granted they were two rookies who had no bussines out there in the first place, but they were ill prepared none the less.

Then why not fire all the position coaches because no one looked prepared out there ever.