So, what if…

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
…the changes made for the Lions game mean the Bears are legit competitive during the hard part of the schedule and curb stomp their way to a playoff win(one and done though)?

If Lazor is actually in charge of the offense; writing the game plan and calling plays but uses certain plays/input from Nagy. Nagy is relegated to the best cheerleader and locker room glue we’ve ever seen. He gets to draw up all the weird plays he wants, Lazor uses them when and how he sees fit. The offense climbs up the league rankings to 15th-ish

And as a result the D is able to do what it does best and returns to a top 5 unit

Would this be acceptable and make anyone ok with Nagy getting an extension?

P.S. This is just a thought experiment so don’t get so worked up

mbison

Liked Posts:
I think it’s going to happen and the Bears surprise a lot of people. I can see is finishing 9-8 and making a playoff appearance

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it’s going to happen and the Bears surprise a lot of people. I can see is finishing 9-8 and making a playoff appearance
Raiders game will be a big tell for the rest of the season, imo. Win or lose, if they look soft and Special person again I think the season is over. Also win or lose, if they play a great game and look sharp and aggressive I think this is the beginning of some good things
That's funny that you think we'll actually lose another game this season, because we will NOT.

#meatball-all-in
I like it, let’s start taking tickets for the bandwagon now. I’ll drive, you serve drinks

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Raiders game will be a big tell for the rest of the season, imo. Win or lose, if they look soft and Special person again I think the season is over. Also win or lose, if they play a great game and look sharp and aggressive I think this is the beginning of some good things

I like it, let’s start taking tickets for the bandwagon now. I’ll drive, you serve drinks
Consider it done!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This team for the most part has been competitive and that isn't enough.

You cannot let Nagy return. Not after what we saw in CLE, on top of the past few years. Its all about Fields and maximizing his potential and you cannot do that with Nagy, nor any of the yes-men he would bring in.

You need a new offensive guy at the top.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
By that logic, shouldn't all of the past Lions games have been indicators of future success that never happened?
Maybe, the problem is that we didn’t really need to make such drastic changes to beat the lions in the past. For obvious reasons

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team for the most part has been competitive and that isn't enough.

You cannot let Nagy return. Not after what we saw in CLE, on top of the past few years. Its all about Fields and maximizing his potential and you cannot do that with Nagy, nor any of the yes-men he would bring in.

You need a new offensive guy at the top.
If he reverts to pre-Cleveland Nagy then sure, kick his ass to the curb. That’s not what I’m talking about. If he truly has been beaten into submission by reality and they look like a legit team going forward, why introduce any drastic changes to the team?

Bust

Liked Posts:
One game at a time.
…the changes made for the Lions game mean the Bears are legit competitive during the hard part of the schedule and curb stomp their way to a playoff win(one and done though)?

This is where the ole gameplan comes in on your Madden 2021 . . . Lions based off the prior tape wasn't expecting the bears to come out with lots of plays with the 3 tight end set.

Now the Raiders know and will gameplan around that. What adjustments will Lazor make if same plays that worked on Lions get shut down??? HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Can't wait!

WHAT A GREAT TIME TO FOLLOW CHICAGO SPORTS!!!
White Sox = PLAYOFFS vs cheating scum Astros!
Chicago Sky = FINALS + Candace Parker!
Chicago Blackhawks = HIGH EXPECTATIONS
Chicago Bulls = Lonzo Ball and company
Chicago Cubs = soon to be 100 million dollar spending spree
Chicago Bears = Justin Fields

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Maybe, the problem is that we didn’t really need to make such drastic changes to beat the lions in the past. For obvious reasons
Yeah, but they were the winless Lions......

What if the team did mostly the same stuff, but it looked a lot better against Detroit?

Personally I think good teams find ways to win while bad teams find ways to lose. For the game we are discussing is it more likely that the Bears are good or the Lions are bad? Truthfully it's probably somewhere in the middle, but still, the Lions aren't good.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
By that logic, shouldn't all of the past Lions games have been indicators of future success that never happened?
Do you want to fight?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The problems with Nagy being just a cheerleader, even if successful, are multiple:

1)What happens when Lazor gets his chance? Now you have a rudderless ship on offense.

2)For a season it's fine, but any employee tires of his ego maniacal boss taking credit for his work. It would create a toxic environment

3)The players knowing the HC is nothing more than a puppet will create respect issues making his ability to lead in difficult situations near impossible.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Here's my concern. Everyone looked at Fields and those amazing throws (and rightfully so), but while the plays are in the Nagy playbook, how Lazor deployed them was in the most basic, vanilla way.

Which is exactly what you want to do with a rookie QB.

However, the knock on Lazor from previous stops is exactly that - he runs a very vanilla rudimentary offense.

He's great for Fields NOW, but I don't think he's the guy to take Fields and the offense to the next level. And I don't think Nagy and his concepts are that either.

Now, maybe they prove me wrong - if they can introduce more complexity as the season goes on, then maybe there's more teeth to this thing. But my concern is, we know what Matt Nagy is, and we know what Bill Lazor is, and in trying to go complex, are we just reverting back to Matt Nagy (and his play calling)?

We have seen what that looks like with 2 veteran quarterbacks in Foles and Dalton, and so I don't think Fields is the key to unlocking it either - I think Nagy took KCs playbook, and overcomplicated it even further and bastardized it, and now it is completely broken.

So while I think Lazor is perfect for Fields now, I don't think we have on staff someone who can take this to the next level.

Which is why I think this offseason will bring changes to the coaching staff.

We'll see.

The one shocker to me would be if they kept Nagy.... and then hired a bona-fide OC. Might be part of why there was so much defense of Nagy from the local beat reporters this past week after the weird ass pressers....

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love this board....week after the Browns game and all hope is lost with a max of 4 wins....week after the Lions game and its playoffs are a possibility! We need to see consistency and we most certainly need to see it against better teams than the Lions

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
One game at a time.

This is where the ole gameplan comes in on your Madden 2021 . . . Lions based off the prior tape wasn't expecting the bears to come out with lots of plays with the 3 tight end set.

Now the Raiders know and will gameplan around that. What adjustments will Lazor make if same plays that worked on Lions get shut down??? HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Can't wait!

WHAT A GREAT TIME TO FOLLOW CHICAGO SPORTS!!!
White Sox = PLAYOFFS vs cheating scum Astros!
Chicago Sky = FINALS + Candace Parker!
Chicago Blackhawks = HIGH EXPECTATIONS
Chicago Bulls = Lonzo Ball and company
Chicago Cubs = soon to be 100 million dollar spending spree
Chicago Bears = Justin Fields

Yeah, but they were the winless Lions......

What if the team did mostly the same stuff, but it looked a lot better against Detroit?

Personally I think good teams find ways to win while bad teams find ways to lose. For the game we are discussing is it more likely that the Bears are good or the Lions are bad? Truthfully it's probably somewhere in the middle, but still, the Lions aren't good.
This is why the Raiders game is so important. If they look terrible then we get to argue about what the coaching staff should look like(we’ll, I get to watch this board cunt about it I guess). If they look legit then the rest of the season might be interesting