So who's our next coach?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Chip Kelly
Jim Harbaugh

Both guys never coached in the NFL and both have had success.

Good coaches are good coaches.

Unlike Trestman they adapt their system and improve it.

Harbaugh's teams ran pro style Os, and Kelly was a big question mark coming in. But, since the Oregon system has proven capable of translating to the NFL, the current Oregon HC should get an interview IMO.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
just saw trestmans press conference same shit different day "uhh we didn't get it done, our guys tried their best but we just didn't get it done" no shit you didn't get it done! why aren't you getting it done ya clown. He's gotta go he driving me nuts with these B.S. play calls, lack of adjustments and bogus press conferences... uhhh we didn't get it done..

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trestman's press conference are unwatchable at this point.

No answers and a defeated look.

Exactly what I want from my leader.

KPBears

Liked Posts:
Todd Bowles, DC Arizona
Dan Quinn, DC Seattle
Matt Patrician, DC NE

Adam Gase, OC Denver
Darrel Bevell, OC Seattle

College Options

Please, no college coach. At least Trestman came from a professional league. Stick to NFL assistants for the next HC.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Please, no college coach. At least Trestman came from a professional league. Stick to NFL assistants for the next HC.

And how did it work out with Trestman? Your logic is faulty here.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
After the "out of the box" disaster that was Trestman, I would have to say the safest choice that also offers the most upside is Todd Bowles.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Don't want another defensive minded HC.

For some reason most defensive minded HCs can't let the OC do their thing. They always seem to want the offense to play a, don't lose it for us, offense.

Offensive minded HCs seem more capable of letting the DC do their thing and not want to hold them back.

But I want an offensive minded HC who is capable of bringing in a competent DC also.

Reactions: 1ke

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Todd Bowles, DC Arizona
Dan Quinn, DC Seattle
Matt Patrician, DC NE

Adam Gase, OC Denver
Darrel Bevell, OC Seattle

College Options

I am only intrigued by Todd Bowles out of Arizona Cardinals. While he is a 3-4 man, he would bring a hybrid of both.

The only college coach I'd hire is David Shaw out of Stanford.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don't want another defensive minded HC.

For some reason most defensive minded HCs can't let the OC do their thing. They always seem to want the offense to play a, don't lose it for us, offense.

Offensive minded HCs seem more capable of letting the DC do their thing and not want to hold them back.

But I want an offensive minded HC who is capable of bringing in a competent DC also.

I don't know which offensive coaches are really being considered for HC positions.

Just give me a guy I can get behind and be excited about them leading the Bears.

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
What about Jim Harbaugh? Rumor is he will be out of SF next year.

Success at HC, good with QBs (Cutler replacement), former Bear.

Thoughts?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I don't know which offensive coaches are really being considered for HC positions.

Just give me a guy I can get behind and be excited about them leading the Bears.

I dont have any answers for ya. Simply stating my preference. Honestly I haven't put much thought into who I would prefer.

KPBears

Liked Posts:
And how did it work out with Trestman? Your logic is faulty here.

Trestman didn't work, but had a professional pedigree (although from a different league). He had experience coaching more talented players than college coaches (most CFL players were D1 studs and NFL washouts). Although there are some college coaches who've been successful, the same could be said for the CFL (Marv Levy). But more often than not, both college and cfl coaches won't make it in the nfl, which is my point. The bears need to stick to the nfl for their next coach - someone familiar with the level of talent and egos.

AussieBear

So I calmly scroll down the page anticipating an interesting discussion, read this, choke on my saliva, and then proceed to cough for the next 5 minutes. Thanks.

well then maybe a combo of ron and norv.

sewie

Liked Posts:
Jim Miller

cbfan

Liked Posts:
Dom Capers. The Bears need a defensive leader. The offense has the tools. Take away from the Packers and put a realistic defense that is not always stuck in some type of zone defense like cover2 or cover 0 all the time. The top teams are playing a lot of man defensive.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Jim Haurbaugh.

And fuck you if you say otherwise.

The Bears have been down this road so many damn times with the new hot shit coordinator, and they fall flat on their face. Obviouly you gotta start somewhere. But if Jim is available and the Bears have the chance to grab him, I don't see how in living hell you would pass that up.

"Ohhhh but he's mean and the players dont like him!!!!"

Yeah, and his super bowl apperance and 3 Championship games say kiss my ass.

Haurbaugh all the way.