Social media Bears thread

Canth

Liked Posts:
Definitely a good hear. They are setting him up to get going fast with Waldron’s system terminology. You know damn well he had that whole playbook! Ssshhhh

Great interview.

I think it has been mentioned elsewhere, but interesting that he was working with Waldron to get basic route concepts and timing and the terminology to use when he works with Caleb ahead of him getting into the Bears building.

Along those lines, I found it really interesting to hear about the footwork. It sounded like Waldron is expected to be more flexible on that front and then figuring out the timing based on what is comfortable for Caleb. Specifically, it was mentioned that Geno Smith was a left foot forward guy and Caleb is a right foot forward guy. They have tried both with Caleb, but Caleb prefers right foot forward. They also mentioned that Russell Wilson was a right foot forward person, so Waldron has theoretically already shown he can work with either. I find that very encouraging after all the stuff with Getsy and Fields when it came to footwork.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Great interview.

I think it has been mentioned elsewhere, but interesting that he was working with Waldron to get basic route concepts and timing and the terminology to use when he works with Caleb ahead of him getting into the Bears building.

Along those lines, I found it really interesting to hear about the footwork. It sounded like Waldron is expected to be more flexible on that front and then figuring out the timing based on what is comfortable for Caleb. Specifically, it was mentioned that Geno Smith was a left foot forward guy and Caleb is a right foot forward guy. They have tried both with Caleb, but Caleb prefers right foot forward. They also mentioned that Russell Wilson was a right foot forward person, so Waldron has theoretically already shown he can work with either. I find that very encouraging after all the stuff with Getsy and Fields when it came to footwork.
Very encouraging. Best to always let your QB see if he can make it happen with his footwork that he is comfortable with, first. You always try to change the most minimal things you can from the QB. Especially since that’s what got him there in the first place. But you do hone and work on the footwork and skill. Some coaches change it, and that’s fine too. But only if it was already sloppy to begin with.

So many variables. But a good coach will try to keep the QB as much comfortable as he can with what he already has.

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
May 10 rookie camp next boyz . . .

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Bust

Liked Posts:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The same thing was said for Mitch Trubisky and Justin Fields - this stuff doesn't mean anything.
Mitch Trubisky could not beat out a run first, CFL level QB at North Carolina.
He’s a nice guy. He doesn’t seem to possess the confidence and drive needed for the NFL.

Justin Fields is an elite competitor. He’s smart and tough. He still is struggling to become a top tier NFL passer but he’s putting in the work trying to maximize his ability.

What would you know about a positive mindset and being driven for success?