Soler Discussion Thread

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Sammy was on roids. Soler has more natural talent.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Jesus, 2 games and the kids the next Sammy. We sure know how to manage expectations around here

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Comparison wise, no. Actually he is more like a polished Derek Lee in prime 2005 form hopefully. I am very high on Soler over anyone else that is on this team or coming up here, solely because of his plate discipline.

Soler homer here. :)

remixdjinx

Liked Posts:
Sammy was on roids. Soler has more natural talent.
I wasn't talking roids or corked bats....Just the raw power. That 1st home run didn't even look like he got everything behind it....It looked more like a fly ball to center field.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Raw power? Soler has a ton of it. Doesnt always translate to the bat. Baez would be a better comparison to Sammy. Monster homerun potential while being a free swinger. Soler is a more complete hitter. He has a quiet batting stance and knows the zone pretty well. Baez has a lot of movements in his swing like Sammy did. Baez swings harder but Sammy was no slouch in that department. I think Soler will range from 25 homers to 35 homers in a season. I think Baez could hit 30 a season even if he struck out at an epic rate. The ball jumps off both their bats but Baez jumps a little more. Its the bat speed.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
By the way, I am not saying Baez is Sammy or is going to be Sammy. I am saying about approaches and other things.

remixdjinx

Liked Posts:
Comparison wise, no. Actually he is more like a polished Derek Lee in prime 2005 form hopefully. I am very high on Soler over anyone else that is on this team or coming up here, solely because of his plate discipline.

Soler homer here. :)
We can only wish. A gold glover with .320 plus average and 25-30 HRs a year....

CSF77

Liked Posts:
We can only wish. A gold glover with .320 plus average and 25-30 HRs a year....

Lee is a good comp. He had a solid BB rate.

Lee --> Soler
Sammy or Sori -->Baez
A Ram --> Bryant

We can hope they give slimier productions. Add in Rizzo and what else emerges this team could end up better than the Hendry run.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think it's possible that they end up being more consistent contenders for deep playoff runs but that also depends on the pitching staff that is assembled.

remixdjinx

Liked Posts:

Lee --> Soler
Sammy or Sori -->Baez
A Ram --> Bryant

We can hope they give slimier productions. Add in Rizzo and what else emerges this team could end up better than the Hendry run.
I think that the Lee/Solar comparison is pretty lofty at this point....But, it is interesting to hear what people think.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think that the Lee/Solar comparison is pretty lofty at this point....But, it is interesting to hear what people think.

Well my personal belief was Lee was roiding in 05 when he had his big year. That was before the roid scare. His production fell after until he made a miracle bounce back with a bulging disc in his neck? in 2009???? WTF...ok smells like a dip into the illegal IMO to rebound...then he crashed back to earth the next year and never was the same? Ya if you think he was clean then I'm sorry Santa must still give you presents.

Lee was closer to the player in his down years.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Well my personal belief was Lee was roiding in 05 when he had his big year. That was before the roid scare. His production fell after until he made a miracle bounce back with a bulging disc in his neck? in 2009???? WTF...ok smells like a dip into the illegal IMO to rebound...then he crashed back to earth the next year and never was the same? Ya if you think he was clean then I'm sorry Santa must still give you presents.

Lee was closer to the player in his down years.

What do you mean? We all get presents from Santa. Some get coal, but the BBQ has to s tart somehow. :)

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What do you mean? We all get presents from Santa. Some get coal, but the BBQ has to s tart somehow. :)

Na it means if Santa is giving you your presents vs your ma or pa. Or In other words I have some beachfront property in Az to sell also.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Na it means if Santa is giving you your presents vs your ma or pa. Or In other words I have some beachfront property in Az to sell also.
Wait...ny parents are Mr and Mrs Claus??? No wonder I can't find yhrm on Dec 24

remixdjinx

Liked Posts:
You got property on Lake Mead in Arizona?

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Lee --> Soler
Sammy or Sori -->Baez
A Ram --> Bryant

:)

funny