Some good articles on Pat Shurmur

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/09/history-shaped-pat-shurmur-vikings-set-success/

Laid back, flexible, adaptable and diverse. That's the best way to describe Shurmur, his coaching style and his offense.

Pat Shurmur has done a wonderful job learning and taking bits of pieces from all his stops in various types of offenses to help him be flexible with his offensive scheme and adapt a gameplan to the strength of his players.

That's what has made him a hit in Minnesota and why no Vikings fan wants to see him go. He listens to his players and each week he is giving defenses different looks that they simply can't keep up.

He has learnt from under west coast disciple Andy Reid as a OL, TE and QB coach for nearly a decade and then spent 3 years with one of the most prolific college, spread offensive coaches in history. He went from the highly complex verbiage and schemes of the Andy Reid west coast offense to the high paced, sideline play card offense.

It's this experience and his willingness to learn and adapt his scheme to his players that should get him another chance as a HC in this league. He has no doubt learnt from his time in Cleveland and all the other stops along the way.

Don't think Pat has what it takes to be a leader? Have a read of some of the reviews from players, coaches and front office staff who have been around him.

http://www.chroniclet.com/browns-no...isn-t-shy-when-it-comes-to-taking-charge.html

If Pat has a solid plan for his staff and the development of Mitch Trubisky, I believe Shurmur should be the next HC for the Chicago Bears.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love me some Shurmur. Got nothing against him as our HC. Would be interested in seeing who he would bring as his staff though.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I find it difficult to be sold on Shurmur as having a Defense that is #1 at damn near everything makes his job at lot easier. Not saying he isn't legit just got my doubts about how much he could elevate the offense. Leaving it up to the professionals here.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I find it difficult to be sold on Shurmur as having a Defense that is #1 at damn near everything makes his job at lot easier. Not saying he isn't legit just got my doubts about how much he could elevate the offense. Leaving it up to the professionals here.

It sure doesn't hurt but it's not like they only run the ball to eat clock. They are the 11 ranked O overal and 44% on 3rd down. They are also 7th in plays from scrimmage. They help that D about as much as the other way around.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Shurmur is probably the safest hire out there, imo. He's not a flashy hire by any means which will upset a lot of people, but you can't ignore the success he's had and his experience.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Shurmur is probably the safest hire out there, imo. He's not a flashy hire by any means which will upset a lot of people, but you can't ignore the success he's had and his experience.

What’s a flashy hire?

Luke

Liked Posts:
When you add everything up, Pat seems to be the most likely Bears HC hire. Polar has presented many good articles and opinions across several posts which I completely agree with.

Luke

Liked Posts:
yeah, I would say that Flip/LaFluer is a more lightening in a bottle hire trying to mimic the Mcvay situation.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
The more I read about him the better I feel if he is hired - Much better than the other rookies-

Second Choice-

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shurmur is the safest, and very well could be the best pick. He certainly has the longest track record of the group.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
He’s my choice as long as he’s lined up with the right D coordinator. Smart, grounded and experienced. NO McDaniels!!!! Anyone who can make cutler look like a good dude must be a complete douchebag.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Shurmur is the safest, and very well could be the best pick. He certainly has the longest track record of the group.

so are you a lions fan AND a bears fan?
I'm just a little confused...
Not being a dick, just trying to understand.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I really think it's going to be Shurmer. He really checks all the boxes.

1) QB Savant
2) Not a weirdo or an asshole... can hold a locker room
3) High floor(yes...maybe not as high of ceiling as Del-Phillipo or McDaniels)..less of a risk though...
4) Good experience level. Held his own as Cleveland HC..did good job as Philly interim HC too..he almost had the job before it went to Pederson. That said, not the HC experience volume that you could label him a "retread". I think he has burning desire to prove it as a HC in this league.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Also consider this...by taking Shurmer, you will be dealing a possible devastating blow to the Vikings if they can't find a adequate replacement. Keenum will go back to being the career backup he is and they are once again 1 dimensional team with a great defense and no offense.

Should this be the main factor in a hire? No. But if its a close call between all the candidates I think it can be a final tie-breaker.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so are you a lions fan AND a bears fan?
I'm just a little confused...
Not being a dick, just trying to understand.

yes, I have explained it several times, doing it again only derails the thread. I am also a fan of Michigan AND MSU.