Some post game thoughts

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In no particular order:

Kwiatkoski is just a guy. Roquan needs to start next game and I hope I don't see Nick on anything but special teams the rest of the year. The guy is too slow to start.

Hicks, Mack and Howard are the three best players on this team by a mile.

Howard averaged 5.5 YPC this game.... he needed to hit at least 20 carries.

Some of you have been ruined by watching Favre and Rodgers kick the Bears ass for the last 25 years. Your expectations for QB play is through the roof. No team in the history of the NFL has had such good QB play for such a long time.

Trubisky..... some very bad. (that open TD to AR!!) And also more good than some of you will admit. I read people here saying he doesn't have "it". Well here's a news flash..... if your definition of "it" is Rodgers.... then maybe only 5-10 QBs in the entire history of the league have "it". The man is Jordanesque.... and Trubs sure as fuck isn't. (but that doesn't mean he can't or won't be a good QB for us for years to come) It's still too soon to say.

Where the fuck was Ant Mill and Burton? I certainly expected more than 3 catches combined for those two.

The lack of plays downfield..... someone help me out here. Was it: Bad play calling? Our receivers not getting open? Or Trubisky missing opportunities? I really didn't see guys get that open and that was VERY concerning to me.

Nagy.... Really hated the play calling second half. Really loved it the first half. This next game will be telling. Does the team bounce back? Are they fired up? Or does this loss crush them.

The Bears went toe to toe with a Super Bowl contender and almost won last night. I'm not calling this a moral victory or anything.... it's not. But the difference between the two teams doesn't feel as large as before.

The Bears have three very winnable games coming up before the bye week. Let's see how they respond.

And lastly.... thanks for the laughter last night.... some of you and your post game e-rage is pathetic. I'm glad I don't know you in real life but the LOL's you provide after a tough loss is priceless.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
Good post, I agree. I was getting a kick out of the meltdowns last night. It was truly amazing. It's as if there is no chance to build or improve throughout the season. We are doomed.. That being said, it was a heartbreaker. Should have won that game

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
apparently Tribs missed alot of open receivers, but to me it was the same old bears getting out adjusted in the second half of a game. I guess they thought they had Kizer to deal with and thought it was a skate.

Post game, I really do not know why the bears were not called for a penalty when our DT fell with all his weight on Rodgers. That is the Andrew Luck rule, but Mitch got a few roughing calls on his end from the same crew.

Fuller missed the INT in his chest to ice the game, they did not run Howard on 3rd and 1, they never did anything with Leno out in the slot and just seemed to want to get Cohen and Gabriel the ball behind the line of scrimmage. Receivers did not get to the line to gain and our bear QB threw short.

As great as that first half was, was as bad as the second half was. Cant play the whole game trying to out think a team that is driving the ball down your throat.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Where were the 10-15 yard slant routes to the wr's? What was the point of signing Gabriel if you're gonna mostly use him for screens? Why not White or Cunningham?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lots of blame to go around. People saying Trubisky isn't the guy based on 1 performance are doorknobs. I never expected him to come out his first game and go toe to toe with Rodges in Lambeau. He looked lost at times, but also did some good things. Just needs more experience and time in the system. I still think he's capable of being a good QB, but I'm not going to make some knee jerk reaction based on one game.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Nice to also see simms taken out of the playbook

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I was upset about the lack of anything from Floyd. I figured he'd be the biggest beneficiary of Mack on the team, but he may as well be on the sideline the entire game.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The good, howard caught a few balls last night.. this is HUGE if he can keep it up.

Trubisky looked sharp and accurate in the first half, but looked completely lost and hesitant in the 2nd half. The deeper they got into the playbook the less confident Trubisky was. But there is signs of hope here. as the O gets more familiar with more and more plays hopefully we see more first half performance from the O the entire game.

Kwikouski is just to slow to be a starter. Smith needs to take over that spot.

Sims should be cut.. i mean a ball bounced off his fucking chest that would of been a HUGE gain. not knowing where the first down is cost us 2 times..

Mack is a complete STUD! But the lack of playing def hurt his endurance.. was gassed by the second half.

all in all even with this game being a huge kick in the balls there is some signs to be optimistic for the future.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
This loss sucked all the excitement for me out of the season. You can't go from such high highs in that first half to such low lows of that second half and nor be devastated to once again be crushed by Aaron Rodgers like that. He looks like a hero and we look like his bitch, again. Bears fans thought things would be different now, but they're more the same than ever.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was upset about the lack of anything from Floyd. I figured he'd be the biggest beneficiary of Mack on the team, but he may as well be on the sideline the entire game.

He had one tackle to prevent a first down that I remember. Other than that I don't remember anything that stood out.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The good, howard caught a few balls last night.. this is HUGE if he can keep it up.

Trubisky looked sharp and accurate in the first half, but looked completely lost and hesitant in the 2nd half. The deeper they got into the playbook the less confident Trubisky was. But there is signs of hope here. as the O gets more familiar with more and more plays hopefully we see more first half performance from the O the entire game.

Kwikouski is just to slow to be a starter. Smith needs to take over that spot.

Sims should be cut.. i mean a ball bounced off his fucking chest that would of been a HUGE gain. not knowing where the first down is cost us 2 times..

Mack is a complete STUD! But the lack of playing def hurt his endurance.. was gassed by the second half.

all in all even with this game being a huge kick in the balls there is some signs to be optimistic for the future.

Dude is BAD. Agreed.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
In no particular order:

Kwiatkoski is just a guy. Roquan needs to start next game and I hope I don't see Nick on anything but special teams the rest of the year. The guy is too slow to start.

Hicks, Mack and Howard are the three best players on this team by a mile.

Howard averaged 5.5 YPC this game.... he needed to hit at least 20 carries.

Some of you have been ruined by watching Favre and Rodgers kick the Bears ass for the last 25 years. Your expectations for QB play is through the roof. No team in the history of the NFL has had such good QB play for such a long time.

Trubisky..... some very bad. (that open TD to AR!!) And also more good than some of you will admit. I read people here saying he doesn't have "it". Well here's a news flash..... if your definition of "it" is Rodgers.... then maybe only 5-10 QBs in the entire history of the league have "it". The man is Jordanesque.... and Trubs sure as fuck isn't. (but that doesn't mean he can't or won't be a good QB for us for years to come) It's still too soon to say.

Where the fuck was Ant Mill and Burton? I certainly expected more than 3 catches combined for those two.

The lack of plays downfield..... someone help me out here. Was it: Bad play calling? Our receivers not getting open? Or Trubisky missing opportunities? I really didn't see guys get that open and that was VERY concerning to me.

Nagy.... Really hated the play calling second half. Really loved it the first half. This next game will be telling. Does the team bounce back? Are they fired up? Or does this loss crush them.

The Bears went toe to toe with a Super Bowl contender and almost won last night. I'm not calling this a moral victory or anything.... it's not. But the difference between the two teams doesn't feel as large as before.

The Bears have three very winnable games coming up before the bye week. Let's see how they respond.

And lastly.... thanks for the laughter last night.... some of you and your post game e-rage is pathetic. I'm glad I don't know you in real life but the LOL's you provide after a tough loss is priceless.

Agreed with this. Kwiat couldn't cover me if I were out there, he is a real liability in the pass game and Roquan needs to start ASAP.

You didn't mention Whitehair whose snaps were erratic all night. It obvious to everyone that his snaps are hurting the flow of the offense to everyone but the Bears coaches.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Another L to the Pack

Blown 20 point lead

Mack looked the part

All I got bababa

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers is GOD. It’s not fair. Some weird voodoo magic shit happens with him against the Bears. I can’t fucking wait until he retires.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:

This was a positive. Howard caught all his targets. A few were really nice, tough catches. His work this offseason seems to have made a huge difference for him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Agreed with this. Kwiat couldn't cover me if I were out there, he is a real liability in the pass game and Roquan needs to start ASAP.

You didn't mention Whitehair whose snaps were erratic all night. It obvious to everyone that his snaps are hurting the flow of the offense to everyone but the Bears coaches.

Yeah, figured it was a dead horse by now, but I agree.

msadows

Liked Posts:

I mean floyd mostly went against the LT, which is one of the best in the league. I'm not surprised he didnt flash much, especially in the second half when rodgers legit got the ball out in 1-2 seconds every play.

dakbear

Liked Posts:
The Packer defense switched from man to zone. The Bears never adjusted. I think Nagy’s play sheet he was working off ddid not have any plays for zone. Between MT, Nagy, and Helfrich, Bears could not figure it out. MT admitted in his post game press conference that Packers did switch defenses and it through him off on some plays. One comment: “ Are you kidding me?”

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers is GOD. It’s not fair. Some weird voodoo magic shit happens with him against the Bears. I can’t fucking wait until he retires.

I honestly can't even hate him.... he's just that good. When he came back I was like here we go again. Now I know how Cleveland fans felt watching Jordan.