E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree with pretty much everything you said; here are some thoughts of my own:

In no particular order:

Kwiatkoski is just a guy. Roquan needs to start next game and I hope I don't see Nick on anything but special teams the rest of the year. The guy is too slow to start.
He could be a decent backup, especially on run plays. But he is useless against the pass.

Hicks, Mack and Howard are the three best players on this team by a mile.
easily.

In no particular order:
Howard averaged 5.5 YPC this game.... he needed to hit at least 20 carries.
especially with a 20pt lead. Third and short should be a no brainer.

In no particular order:
Some of you have been ruined by watching Favre and Rodgers kick the Bears ass for the last 25 years. Your expectations for QB play is through the roof. No team in the history of the NFL has had such good QB play for such a long time.
I can't speak for all Bear fans but I want a QB who expects to win and doesn't play scared. Jim McMahon was not a very good QB but he was fucking fearless and always believed his team was going to win.

In no particular order:
Trubisky..... some very bad. (that open TD to AR!!) And also more good than some of you will admit. I read people here saying he doesn't have "it". Well here's a news flash..... if your definition of "it" is Rodgers.... then maybe only 5-10 QBs in the entire history of the league have "it". The man is Jordanesque.... and Trubs sure as fuck isn't. (but that doesn't mean he can't or won't be a good QB for us for years to come) It's still too soon to say.
see above. At this point I would settle for competent.

In no particular order:
Where the fuck was Ant Mill and Burton? I certainly expected more than 3 catches combined for those two.
Excellent point. They were even quieter than that stat would suggest.

In no particular order:
The lack of plays downfield..... someone help me out here. Was it: Bad play calling? Our receivers not getting open? Or Trubisky missing opportunities? I really didn't see guys get that open and that was VERY concerning to me.
It looked to me like in the first half Trubisky was hitting open (by NFL standards) receivers. In the second he looked unsure of himself and passed on plays he would have made in the first.

In no particular order:
Nagy.... Really hated the play calling second half. Really loved it the first half. This next game will be telling. Does the team bounce back? Are they fired up? Or does this loss crush them.
Those are the questions that need to be asked. Right now it is on Nagy and Trubisky. If the Bears break out a lead again does Nagy crawl into a shell like last night and the playoffs? If so I think we are screwed. Can Trubisky step up and inspire the team to the next level? Or does someone else step up and take control?

In no particular order:
The Bears went toe to toe with a Super Bowl contender and almost won last night. I'm not calling this a moral victory or anything.... it's not. But the difference between the two teams doesn't feel as large as before.
Announcer Chris Collinsworth said, "this loss will set the Bears back 100 years". I really really hope he is wrong, but we'll see.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The lack of even downfield attempts was shocking to me. Throw a couple just to show them you would.

Was Turbrinski afraid to throw downfield or was Nagy not calling for a more vertical down the field pass.

Washington

Liked Posts:
The Bears went toe to toe with a Super Bowl contender and almost won last night. I'm not calling this a moral victory or anything.... it's not. But the difference between the two teams doesn't feel as large as before.

We did the same last year in week 1 against Atl on the way to a 5 win season. In today's day and age of parity, games are close. I bet people didn't expect TB to beat NO in NO yesterday or Cle to tie Pitt.

GB's team is not even that talented yet our new high powered and creative O put up 1 TD on their crappy D while their banged-up O put up 3 against our top 5 D.

There are no more moral victories. Close does not count. Celebrating being close is for losing teams. It is all about wins now - period.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Nagy wanted to get cute and blew a 20 pt lead, just like he did last year against the Titans..I think not playing his starters in preseason hurt more then it helped, especially not playing Cody Snap in the air as much as possible. This loss felt like a lovie Smith loss. Bizzare call on the 75 yard TD..Pass on 3rd -1 when you have Howard for 2 chances was Nagy getting cute and it backfired. Fuller had multiple drops last year and has stone hands, then gets burned, should've let the Puke spend their $ on him he isn't worth it. Another huge loss against the Puke, another embarrassment on national TV only this time a gimpy Rodgers made a 'heroic comeback" , another game given away due to stupidity and ineptitude..fckn sick..

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lots of blame to go around. People saying Trubisky isn't the guy based on 1 performance are doorknobs. I never expected him to come out his first game and go toe to toe with Rodges in Lambeau. He looked lost at times, but also did some good things. Just needs more experience and time in the system. I still think he's capable of being a good QB, but I'm not going to make some knee jerk reaction based on one game.

No knee-jerking, non-observant one. Trubisky showed from the beginning he’s not NFL material and still plays like a scared girl even with a season already under his belt.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
No knee-jerking, non-observant one. Trubisky showed from the beginning he’s not NFL material and still plays like a scared girl even with a season already under his belt.

Come on guys, first game in a brand new offense. Didn't play much in the preseason. Its the first game of a brand new offense, with a bunch of new guys as receivers, and lets not forget Sims had a very bad game. Missing the first down marker, and a hug drop.

Trubs will have his ups and downs, as every young QB has in the past. You can take Rodgers, Favre, Young, Aikman for starters. I'm not saying he's comparible to those guys by any means, but he's young and "hopefully" finally in a QB-friendly offense that will help him succeed.

Lets start by fixing the snaps from Whitehair and getting receivers open more often so he doesn't have to scramble. And oh yeah! The kid can scramble rather than sitting in a collapsing pocket or throwing INT's.

Give it time folks. We're not gonna win everything.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
At least Nagy just finished saying that some of the screens were pretty dumb to run. He’s acknowledging.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
In no particular order:

Kwiatkoski is just a guy. Roquan needs to start next game and I hope I don't see Nick on anything but special teams the rest of the year. The guy is too slow to start.

Hicks, Mack and Howard are the three best players on this team by a mile.

Howard averaged 5.5 YPC this game.... he needed to hit at least 20 carries.

Some of you have been ruined by watching Favre and Rodgers kick the Bears ass for the last 25 years. Your expectations for QB play is through the roof. No team in the history of the NFL has had such good QB play for such a long time.

Trubisky..... some very bad. (that open TD to AR!!) And also more good than some of you will admit. I read people here saying he doesn't have "it". Well here's a news flash..... if your definition of "it" is Rodgers.... then maybe only 5-10 QBs in the entire history of the league have "it". The man is Jordanesque.... and Trubs sure as fuck isn't. (but that doesn't mean he can't or won't be a good QB for us for years to come) It's still too soon to say.

Where the fuck was Ant Mill and Burton? I certainly expected more than 3 catches combined for those two.

The lack of plays downfield..... someone help me out here. Was it: Bad play calling? Our receivers not getting open? Or Trubisky missing opportunities? I really didn't see guys get that open and that was VERY concerning to me.

Nagy.... Really hated the play calling second half. Really loved it the first half. This next game will be telling. Does the team bounce back? Are they fired up? Or does this loss crush them.

The Bears have three very winnable games coming up before the bye week. Let's see how they respond.

And lastly.... thanks for the laughter last night.... some of you and your post game e-rage is pathetic. I'm glad I don't know you in real life but the LOL's you provide after a tough loss is priceless.

It is funny, but pathetic too. It's like a bunch of parents let their 7 year olds run rampant on here last night.

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quick thoughts: same as what a lot of people are saying

1. Kwiatkowski is slow in pass coverage. Packers were targeting him early. Roquan should be an improvement.
2. Sims sucks. Don't target him ever. 3rd and 1 - we design a play for him and he somehow runs a 0 yard route. Wish Shaheen wasn't hurt.
3. Mack is the real deal, what a beast
4. Defense got tired in the 2nd half. No pass rush and secondary leaving guys wide open the entire 2nd half. Fuller dropping INT. Fangio not adjusting.
5. Nagy getting too cute on 3rd and short. Don't fucking empty out the backfield on a 3rd and 1. At least try a play action, or better yet just pound Howard in there.
6. We abandon getting Cohen the ball in the 2nd half. What the fuck happened there.
7. Needed a big return on our last possession and we have Cunningham as kick returner. Put in Cohen for potential big play there.
8. Trubisky needs more time to get in sync with WR's. Would like to see more deep shots. But he didn't force dumb passes, and used feet to get gains on busted plays.
9. Parkey made all of his FG's, that was nice.
10. The loss was made worse by hearing Michaels and Collinsworth sucking Rodgers dick the entire game.

I had to mute my tv, Collinsworth wouldn't STFU for nothing.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Quick thoughts: same as what a lot of people are saying

1. Kwiatkowski is slow in pass coverage. Packers were targeting him early. Roquan should be an improvement.
2. Sims sucks. Don't target him ever. 3rd and 1 - we design a play for him and he somehow runs a 0 yard route. Wish Shaheen wasn't hurt.
3. Mack is the real deal, what a beast
4. Defense got tired in the 2nd half. No pass rush and secondary leaving guys wide open the entire 2nd half. Fuller dropping INT. Fangio not adjusting.
5. Nagy getting too cute on 3rd and short. Don't fucking empty out the backfield on a 3rd and 1. At least try a play action, or better yet just pound Howard in there.
6. We abandon getting Cohen the ball in the 2nd half. What the fuck happened there.
7. Needed a big return on our last possession and we have Cunningham as kick returner. Put in Cohen for potential big play there.
8. Trubisky needs more time to get in sync with WR's. Would like to see more deep shots. But he didn't force dumb passes, and used feet to get gains on busted plays.
9. Parkey made all of his FG's, that was nice.
10. The loss was made worse by hearing Michaels and Collinsworth sucking Rodgers dick the entire game.

Its a little thing, but why oh why did Cunningham bring the ball out on the last Bears possession? Take it at the 25, save a few seconds on the clock....instead we're at the 15 to begin with, all we need is a figgie?!!?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Was it just me or was there a lack of crossing routes...constantly trying to hit guys near the sidelines