Some QB Needy Teams Will Wait Until Next Year

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Never said I would spend it all on one player. I just wouldn't trade down if it would cost us getting a premiere D-lineman.

Since you just stated that your argument is absurd, I'm done. We are in agreement.
There's a couple decades of NFL history to support my argument. Feel free to look it up.

I'm going to use my energy on something more worthwhile, like this joint I rolled.

You've still never said what years this plan has worked for the Bears. I'd think out of 37 years of trying your plan if it was such a great plan you'd have a long list besides '06 when we didn't win.
I'm not looking it up, I still have a memory left. We won the Super Bowl off the '85 season, a team that had plenty of talent on offense not just on defense.

When a #2 is worth multiple future firsts and/or doubling up on the whole draft but you want to spend that #2 on a premier player that is spending it all on one player. It would be just as dumb to spend that #2 on an OT who some ranks have higher than pass rush. We need a lot more than one premier player on either side of the ball.
If there's 2 top QBs and we're pretty sure #1 is getting one of them the #2 pick has a lot of value and you want to waste it.

For your plan we should've kept Mack instead. At least we knew he could hang in the NFL.

My argument was never that we should grab a QB, it was that no team in need of a QB is putting it off until next year because fans imagine more good QBs are going to declare next year than this year. But if it came down to having to spend the #2 on ourselves I would grab the QB and trade the worse of the two.

jive

Liked Posts:
They could litetally be qb#1 and qb#2 at the same time. Direct snap to Monty,Herbert,Stroud or Feilds.
Fucking genius. This is like 100D chess.

Imagine if the 49ers had Steve Young and Joe Montana on the field at the same time.

jive

Liked Posts:
BTW, drafting back to back QBs has been done before.
ARZ traded up to draft Rosen at #10, and then got #62 for him the following year when they drafted Murray at #1

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't trade down further than 5-7. I don't think Jalen Carter, Will Anderson, or Myles Murphy will last past those picks. I think the drop off in talent is considerable enough that I wouldn't want to miss out on the chance to draft one of them.

The last time we made the Super Bowl, we had a dominant DT in Harris and DE in Peppers. We need to get at least one of those pieces in this draft, if not both.
Agreed, no lower than 5-7.

jive

Liked Posts:
If you have a chance at Will Anderson or Jalen Carter you take it.
Considering we have traded away first rounders for Mack and paid a king's ransom for Peppers, this is the cheapest we're going to get for a premiere pass rusher. We'd be fools pass on that in favor of rolling the dice in later rounds.

Myrradah

Liked Posts:
Most agree that there are only 2 top prospects (Stroud & Young) in this draft worth trading
up for or drafting very high.
With a lot of needy teams I think some may wait until next year for Caleb Williams and try to
position themselves for that. Caleb is a generational talent with all the boxes checked.
If the GM and HC have job security and Owner blessing I think it may happen.
What do you think?
they always say that, then the senior bowl happens and the combine and you get QBs rocketing up and suddenylits a packed group Like Mac Jones did. he was originally a late first rounder and boom to the top 10 after the combine and senior bowl

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You've had plenty of opportunity to piss off yourself. Instead of trying to force your advice on me why don't you try taking it yourself? Aww the poor baby can't dictate to others.

Some idiot trying to spin a make believe story ran into my make believe story. Sorry, if I can't trade down I'm taking a QB. The make believe story to force the bears to do what the OP wants failed because I'm not playing along.
LOL. How my dictate?
otay-okay.gif

Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
actually WIll Lewis also. SOme have him going before Stroud and YOng
Most agree that there are only 2 top prospects (Stroud & Young) in this draft worth trading
up for or drafting very high.
With a lot of needy teams I think some may wait until next year for Caleb Williams and try to
position themselves for that. Caleb is a generational talent with all the boxes checked.
If the GM and HC have job security and Owner blessing I think it may happen.
What do you think?
Will Lewis too. Someeven have him being picked before Young and Stroud

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Worrying about next year when you can get QB now? Remember only one team will get Caleb Williams next year anyways. Young and Stroud proved they are good QBs. It’s not Young’s and Stroud’s fault that their defense sucks.
my point exactly lol skipping this year for one next year sounds like the risky move

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Teams fall in love with guys during pro day season every year. Why would this off-season be different?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know right? A QB you don't want to keep because he fails or is your 2nd string will be worth so much more next year, LOL. So, what would the 49ers has received on trade for Trey Lance had they tried to trade him last offseason?
And if they keep Lance and trade Garoppolo, what do they get for Jimmy. Do you think either approaches what they spent to get Lance or greater value than pick #3? Equivalent value a year later is a fail. If you don't strike while the iron is hot, you're cooked.

Last edited:

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Caleb Williams is a great QB, but with last years draft class not that great at QB, I think some teams will talk themselves into selecting mid tier guys this year over waiting. In fact, I think teams planned last year on hopes they would draft a QB in 2023. (Lions, Falcons, Panthers, etc) Maybe someone trades for Rodgers/Love or Jimmy G/Lance. But the 2024 draft is too far away.
Not that far away now buddy. Get your popcorn ready!