Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Also teams know that QB position is barren next year. Better to take a QB this year whether in 1st or 2nd round than next year where maybe 1 or 2 QBs will have a 1st round grade.

Oh no it isn’t barren next year. North Carolina has this great young prospect. You interested?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Also teams know that QB position is barren next year. Better to take a QB this year whether in 1st or 2nd round than next year where maybe 1 or 2 QBs will have a 1st round grade.

Everyone keeps saying this (and the guy quoted in the Athletic article said it), but I don't really agree. I mean, there's nobody in 2022 as good Lawrence, Fields or Lance; maybe not Jones either ultimately, but there's plenty of guys with more tools than Jones. And I think Mond is QB6, and there's about 8-9 guys I'd rate above him as prospects in next year's class. Granted, at this point, much of it is projection with these guys because they are mostly raw talents. But I could see a few guys stepping up, after all Joe Burrow and Zach Wilson just jumped for Day 3 picks to top 2 overall in 1 season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
way I see it

if bears don't take a qb, they will be shit, but not bad enough for a top 5 pick

if bears do trade the farm for a qb and he busts, they will be shit. but not any more shit than if they didn't swing

If there is a guy they like, I think they have to try. Cause first round picks dont mean shit without a QB

Fucking Poetry

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m really warming up to Mond.
Nagy may be the perfect next coach for Mond After Jimbo.
Nagy didn't want to coach Mitch so maybe Mond gets to develop slowly
without Jimbo Over Coaching him..

Me too. I think he's a weird combo of really experienced BUT still has upside. He's improved every year. Very athletic but didn't use it as much. Think Nagy would have a field day with him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
way I see it

if bears don't take a qb, they will be shit, but not bad enough for a top 5 pick

if bears do trade the farm for a qb and he busts, they will be shit. but not any more shit than if they didn't swing

If there is a guy they like, I think they have to try. Cause first round picks dont mean shit without a QB

Yes they will be more shit because trading the farm means three years with almost no hope of getting that QB. You're giving three years up for a guy that has at best a 50% chance of success and got passed by 3 QB needy teams. Fuck that.

You want to trade up a bit for a guy that falls.... no problem. But this whole "let's trade our next three first round picks AND a second AND a third" shit is absolutely insane.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes they will be more shit because trading the farm means three years with almost no hope of getting that QB. You're giving three years up for a guy that has at best a 50% chance of success and got passed by 3 QB needy teams. Fuck that.

You want to trade up a bit for a guy that falls.... no problem. But this whole "let's trade our next three first round picks AND a second AND a third" shit is absolutely insane.

trade up now, trade up later. whatever. its gon have to be done at some point. yeah, it will always be a gamble, but if there is a guy they like, imo its a gamble you have to take. cause fuck this treading mediocrity bullshit.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not..... the guy is accurate is all hell which is the #1 trait for a QB And he reads defenses great too..... which is the #2 trait for a QB. Would love it if the Bears drafted him.

Same. It seems like when it comes to the draft/combine, the athleticism of a QB is what people really focus on. The majority of the best QBs in the league aren't freak athlete burners running laps around everyone. They're accurate, smart, read defenses well, and are still all of those things while being pressured.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
trade up now, trade up later. whatever. its gon have to be done at some point. yeah, it will always be a gamble, but if there is a guy they like, imo its a gamble you have to take. cause fuck this treading mediocrity bullshit.
Its pretty realistic for the Bears to pick in the top five next year if the injuries hit hard and the team implodes. If the Bears were in a stronger division those odds would be way higher.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Its pretty realistic for the Bears to pick in the top five next year if the injuries hit hard and the team implodes. If the Bears were in a stronger division those odds would be way higher.
10,000,000,000% agree. If a team does really badly, they are very likely to have a higher draft position.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s also pretty realistic for this team to hit on a couple OL and Dalton is mediocre and the D is mediocre and the record and draft position reflect that mediocrity.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
wow going for a full hour... must be getting Montuckered out

Last edited:

jerkstore

Liked Posts:

You’re gonna give up three years whenever you miss on a QB, regardless of the trade up.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You’re gonna give up three years whenever you miss on a QB, regardless of the trade up.

This is wrong. The Cardinals drafted Murray the next year after drafting Rosen.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
This is wrong. The Cardinals drafted Murray the next year after drafting Rosen.
It is better to miss big than miss small. Look at how the Browns are stuck married to crummy Baker Mayfield, who is only going to keep costing more and more money to be a shitty quarterback.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Me too. I think he's a weird combo of really experienced BUT still has upside. He's improved every year. Very athletic but didn't use it as much. Think Nagy would have a field day with him.

Chris Simms top 6 ranking:

1. Zach Wilson
2. Trevor Lawrence
3. Mac Jones
4. Kellen Mond
5. Justin Fields
6. Trey Lance

J.T. O’Sullivan top 6 ranking:

1. Justin Fields
2. Trevor Lawrence
3. Zach Wilson
4. Trey Lance