6. Trey Lance

J.T. O’Sullivan top 6 ranking:

1. Justin Fields
2. Trevor Lawrence
3. Zach Wilson
4. Trey Lance
5. Kellen Mond
6. Mac Jones

I like Mond, but over Fields? That's crazy.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Chris Simms top 6 ranking:

1. Zach Wilson
2. Trevor Lawrence
3. Mac Jones
4. Kellen Mond
5. Justin Fields
6. Trey Lance

1. Justin Fields
2. Trevor Lawrence
3. Zach Wilson
4. Trey Lance
5. Kellen Mond
6. Mac Jones

More importantly he’s in the BaBa top 6. ?

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I was down on Fields until I watched the Clemson game. And I was down on Jones until I watched his entire body of work. But I'm fine with either. In fact, there are seven, maybe eight, quarterbacks I would be okay with the Bears taking. Two or three may be available in the second which would be good.

As long as the order is QB-OT or OT-QB I'm okay with it.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Chris Simms top 6 ranking:

1. Zach Wilson
2. Trevor Lawrence
3. Mac Jones
4. Kellen Mond
5. Justin Fields
6. Trey Lance

1. Justin Fields
2. Trevor Lawrence
3. Zach Wilson
4. Trey Lance
5. Kellen Mond
6. Mac Jones
Can someone that likes him help me out with Mond. I'm no QB expert, but I just don't see it. He plays tight, like he is always thinking, and it makes him a bit robotic. His accuracy is very inconsistent and I don't see any deep touch, and there are clear struggles with throws outside the numbers

Did Jimbo coach him too hard? He's been known to do that, but didn't Nagy do that with Mitch? Do we want to watch this show again?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Can someone that likes him help me out with Mond. I'm no QB expert, but I just don't see it. He plays tight, like he is always thinking, and it makes him a bit robotic. His accuracy is very inconsistent and I don't see any deep touch, and there are clear struggles with throws outside the numbers

Did Jimbo coach him too hard? He's been known to do that, but didn't Nagy do that with Mitch? Do we want to watch this show again?
The way I see it is Mond has improved every year at A&M, and that is what you are looking for. I think you are just scratching the surface of what he can be as a quarterback.

Being somewhat robotic is one of the reasons for inconsistency on his deep balls. He needs to fix his upper body mechanics.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

He does look a little robotic, for me I kind of dismissed him because of it. But he's better than he looks, if that makes sense? For me he and Mills are like opposites in this regard. I watched Mills at first and was like "yeah, he's legit" Everything looks natural. The more I watched, the less impressed I was. Mond was like "no, he looks stiff, has this weird stance and throwing motion" but the more I watched, the more I liked him.

Mond makes some really impressive throws, and often in to tight windows. He isn't quick but he has speed once he gets going. He led a team without a ton of talent to an impressive season. He definitely mixes "wow" throws with "what was that?". I think his upside is somewhere between Kaepernick and Prescott.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:

Jimbo definitely over coaches his QB’s. But Mond wanted to be coached hard. It almost seems like he’s thinking too much. He needs to just go out and play, Nagy won’t over coach the way Jimbo does. Jimbo is the HC, OC, & QB Coach...