Soriano Trading Partners

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Cubs are undoubtedly shopping him again...where do you think he might end up?

After reading this on MLBTR, I wonder if the Angels are an option?

The Angels are aggressively trying to trade starters Dan Haren and Ervin Santana, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. It’ll be an upset if they don’t complete at least one deal, and one MLB executive expects both right-handers to be moved. The Angels have been weighing possible trades for at least two days now.

The contracts of Haren ($15.5MM option) and Santana ($13MM option) both include options that could appeal to other teams, even though they aren’t particularly appealing to the Angels. The Angels will decline Santana’s option and there’s every indication they’d decline Haren’s, Rosenthal reports.
Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/10/angels-trying-to-move-haren-santana.html#aQOQK2jfFSrT74JY.99

Clearly, this wouldn't be a 1-for-1 trade, and the Cubs would have to kick in some $$$...but something to start at, anyway? Sori's owed $19MM in each of the next two seasons.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Id still take him if all that salary was eaten. He wont demand any signifcant prospect back. I worry about his knees though.

soriano in LF and move viciedo back to 3b.

plus the fact he would be hitting in a launching pad.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Id still take him if all that salary was eaten. He wont demand any signifcant prospect back. I worry about his knees though.

soriano in LF and move viciedo back to 3b.

plus the fact he would be hitting in a launching pad.

My guess is after a nice season last year, the Cubs either won't pay all of his salary, or will if they get a decent 'spect back. not a top 15 'spect in any system, but someone that has an actual shot of producing to some extent at the Major League level at some point. ha.

I could be completely wrong about that, though. I have no idea what direction Hoyer plans on going w/ Sori.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Angels let guys like Torii Hunter leave and Vernon Wells is still terrible maybe the money matches up and it's an even trade money-wise. Cubs certainly need the pitching, and Soriano has said he'd go to LA (Dodgers) so not sure if he'd do the same for the Angels :shrug:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If the Angels let guys like Torii Hunter leave and Vernon Wells is still terrible maybe the money matches up and it's an even trade money-wise. Cubs certainly need the pitching, and Soriano has said he'd go to LA (Dodgers) so not sure if he'd do the same for the Angels :shrug:

I'd imagine he would, but ya never know I guess. I wonder if he's kicking himself for not accepting the trade to the Giants now :cubstroll:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd imagine he would, but ya never know I guess. I wonder if he's kicking himself for not accepting the trade to the Giants now :cubstroll:

Well, he might be, but he knew they were contenders anyway at that point and so there's probably little to no regret on his part. I'm sure the Chicago beat guys will pepper him with that question as often as they can :lol:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well, he might be, but he knew they were contenders anyway at that point and so there's probably little to no regret on his part. I'm sure the Chicago beat guys will pepper him with that question as often as they can :lol:

they were a contender, but FAR from a sure thing. Regardless, you're probably right. about both parts, lol

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
If there's one thing the wild card era has taught us, it's that there is no such thing as a sure thing in October.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also from Beck, Dombrowski hinted that the Tigers were still looking for a right-handed hitting left fielder who could platoon with Andy Dirks.
Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#GtyLkEDS7De1izfo.99

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, guys...

alfonso-soriano-wall.jpg

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's very unlikely to happen, but if it does...

:fap: :fap:

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
honestly, it'd be a good move for a lot of teams. Give up a mid-level spect for a free Soriano? We're not talking a top 10 prospect in any farm system.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who's mid-level-ish in Detroit's system?

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Who's mid-level-ish in Detroit's system?

honestly I have no idea. I about as familiar w/ MLB Farm Systems as I am the NBA D-League. :shrug:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay, I'll Google this shit as soon as I'm done eating animal crackers :woot:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is MLB.com's page...

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2012/index.jsp?c_id=det

I'm thinking the #8 guy, Jose Ortega, is about what we can expect the Cubs to get as a return if they pay about 2/3 of Soriano's salary. Might be able to swing Adam Wilk if they pay more. But a bullpen arm is about all one can expect for two years of free Soriano, unfortunately. Unless the Tigers are stupid, which I don't think they are.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we could get a good 4th outfielder as a backup in case of injury to soriano I would take him, move viciedo to 3rd base. the cell is a launching pad. Id play him everyday, give him DH duties here and there when konerko and or dunn sits. im sure we have something you could use.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we could get a good 4th outfielder as a backup in case of injury to soriano I would take him, move viciedo to 3rd base. the cell is a launching pad. Id play him everyday, give him DH duties here and there when konerko and or dunn sits. im sure we have something you could use.

Chris Sale or GTFO.

:cubstroll: