Source: Fitzgerald Available for right price

Adog06

Liked Posts:
I dont think they would have drafted a back. We have a 1st and 2nd pick so that helps. Plus i would give them Tommie Harris. Doubt they take him though.

Adog06

Liked Posts:
:lmao:
Throw a ton of cash at a WR w/ gaping holes on the O-Line and at UT?

Since when could you see into the future. So if they don't draft for a need they should always just trade the pick. Thank god you don't work for the Bears

Again you can't see into the future either. So you guys would rather meet the Cardinals asking price and have Fitz while still having an awful O-Line, or keep the picks and use them on O-Line men that can keep Cutler healthy and upright.

The amount of dumbass Bears fans on this site is clearly evident. Thank god none of you will ever work in an NFL front office

Easy there tough guy lol.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
USC your a fuckin dumb ass!! That's all I have to say. I don't feel like backing my shit up.. It's pointless. That is all.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
I think Fitz and one above avg O-Line player would make us the best in the NFC.....our other guys will only improve as well.

Fitzgerald, though quite the receiver, does not solve enough of the Bears problems to make them the best in the NFC. They're going to need to figure out who should take over the spot left by Tommie Harris if he's waived. Urlacher has lost more than a step and is not going to be the impact player he has been for much longer. The entire secondary is lacking as it is and Chris Harris isn't going to repeat this year's performance. On offense, the offensive line is still atrocious and needs at least three new quality lineman just to be average.

All that, and they won't be playing a third place schedule next year. I have a hard time believing trading for Fitzgerald gives them enough of a boost to make that nearly as good as you seem to. At the right price you do that deal but anything more than a first rounder won't really be helping the Bears given all their other needs, and I don't see Arizona giving him up for just a late first rounder.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they could make a play for him because I think the Bears realize the need a tall WR with good hands to help out Cutler.

The year they aquired Cutler, the Bears made a play for Boldin and almost got him. But their 2nd round pick was too low for their liking.

If the Bears kept their 1st round pick, I think they will draft a RB, lol.
The lol just makes this post awful. Also, Boldin is just a possession receiver now who can get some YAC. You guys will probably be the meathead fans that will be clamoring for the Bears to trade up for AJ Green when they could get Derek Sherrod or Anthony Costanzo, two solid LTs who are instant upgrades over Frank Omiyale.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm tired of hearing that the Bears should trade for 'X' player despite the high price tag of a 1st round pick and more. Jerry Angelo said earlier in the season he's done trading high draft picks and after blowing one on Gaines Adams I doubt he's willing to high roll w/ more 1st and 2nd round picks. You cannot contend in the NFL if you keep throwing away draft picks.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
The lol just makes this post awful. Also, Boldin is just a possession receiver now who can get some YAC. You guys will probably be the meathead fans that will be clamoring for the Bears to trade up for AJ Green when they could get Derek Sherrod or Anthony Costanzo, two solid LTs who are instant upgrades over Frank Omiyale.

Anyone is an upgrade over Omiyale. Also my post was a joke, at least the last sentence. If you didn't realize that. I don't know if there's any other player I would give up draft picks than Fritz who is available. Also the Adams trade made no sense at the time and never will (well, duh), so that's a shitty example.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well in defense of Gaines Adams... Not like the poor guy died on purpose...

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah but he was unhealthy and didn't he have drugs in his system at death?

It's not that and that has no point to my post. He was underachiving A LOT and JA still trade for him to see if he can get back to his college days. But he didn't play so it make the pick wasted right away.

WearShades

Liked Posts:

While true, the Bears missed out on an opportunity for fortify their offensive line, their defensive line, wide receivers, etc. by not having that pick. They need to start building through the draft at this point or risk become an old team fast.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gaines Adams was supposed to be the Bears next great pass rusher w/ the tutelage of Marinelli. Although, his death did get the Bears Peppers... :tiptoe:

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gaines Adams was supposed to be the Bears next great pass rusher w/ the tutelage of Marinelli. Although, his death did get the Bears Peppers... :tiptoe:

Very true...

I doubt we'd have gotten Peppers had Adams not died. But it is what it is.

But indeed we need more younger talent. And starting with the OL imo. That Line is the single most important aspect in Football. Free Agency may help us in that regard, but I dont know who"ll be available this year.

Rither way, OL, WR, and DT are needed, as well as CB's. Think we may find the majority in FA? Or is there good talent out there in the draft that may fall into our laps? I'm not good at upcoming drafts as I dont watch college lol

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I wouldn't give up our first round pick. We have a few wholes to address that with.

I'd give up our second and prolly another pick to get Fitz though.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
We give them our 1st, 2nd, and Someone like Roach or toeani for fitz and their 3rd...I like how that sounds

WearShades

Liked Posts:
We give them our 1st, 2nd, and Someone like Roach or toeani for fitz and their 3rd...I like how that sounds

Arizona doesn't want crap like Roach or any back of the roster type throw in, and they certainly wouldn't be throwing in a 3rd rounder to make it happen.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
I don't know about giving up picks, this team needs too much help. Also, is S. Rice going to be a FA? I think he could really help and wouldn't cost us picks.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We're gonna have to give up a 1st either this year or next year to make it happen..

I'd throw next years in to do it.

Pedro

Liked Posts:
I liked what I saw from the Bears WR, we should first fix the O-line and then worry about getting a solid No. 1 receiver.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand the line needs to improve, and I'm tired of waiting for this "continuity" shit to finally pay off, but honestly...with Fitz, I guarantee people wouldn't stack the box to blitz nearly as much and our receivers would have more success.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
No, we need a WR and o-line help; but I don't think they can let go of anymore draft picks.