Souts Inc. big board - Bears draft #9 who ya got?

napo55

Liked Posts:
Lots of expectations on free agent signings. The sooner the coaching situation is resolved, the better the chances for attracting quality FAs. Would expect expect a well managed franchise to make an announcement soon after the Viking game. But this is the Bears, so don't hold your breath.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
At 9?... I'd bet we trade our first in 2018 and our first and second in 2019 to move up to #8. After that it's anyones guess.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
At 9 I think the OTs would be in play: Connor Williams or McGlinchey.

If Key is there I'd take him, or Harold Landry. Really need an edge rusher opposite Floyd.

Top rated CB: Josh Jackson or Denzel Ward--depending on his size.

I think a player that Bears fans never mention that would take our front to elite levels is Christian Wilkins. He'd probably be BPA at 9 if he's still on the board.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You guys see that amazing catch by Deandre Hopkins just now, thrown by TJ friggin’ Yates?

How about that wobbler right afterward caught in traffic by Juju Smith-Schuster?

Good wide receivers can make a huge difference, and they can be your young quarterback’s best friend. I’d feel fine taking one in the first if that’s indeed how it played out.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Bears need pass rush, pass rush and more pass rush

So whoever is the best pass rusher left at 10,key reminds me to much of Floyd though.

But i wouldn't bitch a fit if pace nabbed Ridley

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Madden

Liked Posts:
OL, WR, or DE

I don't know enough about any of these dudes really.

Whoever is best available after all the hype and combines and scouting. Would be okay with a trade down if we can get a good deal by just moving back a couple spots. I just want to come out of the draft with elite WR's and OL for Mitch, and an improved pass rush in the early rounds. Then add depth and fill in other positions in later rounds.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Bears need pass rush, pass rush and more pass rush

So whoever is the best pass rusher left at 10,key reminds me to much of Floyd though.

But i wouldn't bitch a fit if pace nabbed Ridley

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

When the bears played the packers in the early part of the season the packers line was beat to shit, yet the bears couldn’t generate any pressure because the ball was coming out so fast. They were made irrelevant.

Why pass on BPA to potentially take the 3rd Best edge rusher?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
When the bears played the packers in the early part of the season the packers line was beat to shit, yet the bears couldn’t generate any pressure because the ball was coming out so fast. They were made irrelevant.

Why pass on BPA to potentially take the 3rd Best edge rusher?

Positional value?

You don't see guards or inside linebackers taken in the top 10 often for a reason.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Positional value?

You don't see guards or inside linebackers taken in the top 10 often for a reason.

Right, I get that. You don’t pass on the best CB/WR/OL to take the 3rd best edge rusher of the draft.

Secondly, I just provided an example of how the division rival packers (and other teams) can minimize the effect of a good pass rush.

I’d be happy to go OLB if the right guy is there but a playmaker at CB or WR would have a huge impact for the bears as well.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I believe it will come down to an edge rusher, WR or OL. Have to think they will tag Fuller and resign Prince so CB is probably out. White is under contract and Meredith is a rfa so that's your two wr's so far. Inman Wright and Bellamy are ufa's and Wheaton will be released so might resign 2 of those 3. That leaves their "big" FA splash to round out the receiving corp before the draft. I would think Ridley is definitely in play. I don't see a guard being chosen but if they feel Williams or McGlinchey can be good NFL LT's, they are in play despite the Leno signing.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Right, I get that. You don’t pass on the best CB/WR/OL to take the 3rd best edge rusher of the draft.

Secondly, I just provided an example of how the division rival packers (and other teams) can minimize the effect of a good pass rush.

I’d be happy to go OLB if the right guy is there but a playmaker at CB or WR would have a huge impact for the bears as well.

I don’t know how anyone can reach a general conclusion that the best CB is automatically better than the 3rd best DE. Not talking specifically in 2018, but to say “you don’t pass on the best CB to take the 3rd best DE” is faulty reasoning.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

That example is silly. Don’t draft pass rush because it can be neutralized? So can great CB’s if the lack of pass rush allows the qb too much time.

All units are dependent upon each other. You don’t avoid drafting pass rushers because Rodgers can get rid of the ball quickly. You make him get rid of it even more quickly. Before he wants to.

Besides, your example did not show how he neutralized a GOOD pass rush. It showed how he neutralized our mediocre pass rush, thus emphasizing why we SHOULD draft a DE.