Souts Inc. big board - Bears draft #9 who ya got?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Assuming Pace gets K Fuller resigned and a top end WR in FA, I’d go Nelson. He will be in Canton one day.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hope someone loves Mayfield or Jackson and trades up.

Ferrell, Williams, Nelson or Ridley would be the top of my list. But I don't love any of those guys in the top 10, other than Nelson and he's at the least valuable position and a non-need position for the Bears.

I'd probably take Ridley if I can't trade out.

What we need is for a QB needy team to be choosing right behind us which will make other teams wanna trade up over them to get a QB. I like D.Ward but 5'10" scares me and he could even measure out to be smaller than that once he hits the combine. C.Ferrell is definitely on my list as well as Ridley, Sutton and Kirk. I really don't see the big enough need to go OT in the 1st but i couldn't get mad if we did. Is R.Smith big enough to play OLB for us? He's smaller then L.Floyd was when he entered the draft. Big big fan of A.Miller but not sure if he'll be worth a mid 1st rounder but i'd love to trade down and get him late 1st round while picking up an extra pick or two.

Liked Posts:
Well, if anyone hasn't already done the honers, then I will proudly take the reigns & piss everyone off by suggesting Pace trade back if he believes he can & run to the podium for Ridley , trade back or not. He's a fine example of a prospect that has speed, excellent physical ability/upside, is a excellent route runner, can play all three base WR positions & is a fantastic hand catching WR.

Along with picking Ridley or a different WR in round 1, another WR prospect from the draft I want is Simmie Cobbs Jr.. Cobbs is an animal out there on the field IMO is the drafts big physical WR that people should be gawking over. Cobbs is going to beast at the pro level. Even if picking Ridley & Cobbs meant taking them back to back in rounds 1 & 2, I'd do it my sleep & would think twice..I believe Ridley & Cobbs are going to both become very good WR's at the pro level. The only concern with Ridley is that he is a bit light & slender.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
With the injuries on the interior and a top heavy WR group make my pick Nelson.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Trade back and get Sutton or Ridley. Both appear to be good receivers at the next level, and at least one ought to be available mid-to-late first round, and I’d hate a “man, we could’ve had” moment
My problem with a WR at #1 over an Olineman is Trubisky can't hit a WR if he flat on his back. Colts made that same mistake when they took Dorsett over OL, and look where Luck is now.

napo55

Liked Posts:
My problem with a WR at #1 over an Olineman is Trubisky can't hit a WR if he flat on his back. Colts made that same mistake when they took Dorsett over OL, and look where Luck is now.

New England has done pretty well with making an O line pick in almost every draft, usually in mid or lower rounds. This team needs playmakers, especially at WR.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
New England has done pretty well with making an O line pick in almost every draft, usually in mid or lower rounds. This team needs playmakers, especially at WR.

Please don’t ever compare this franchise to NE. Belichek is playing chess while the rest of the NFL is playing checkers.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
A few things.
1. Not taking a Tackle with a top ten pick, the Bears signed Leno long term and using a pick that high on a RT is a waste.
2. Same with OG. Starters are good when healthy and you don’t use a high pick on depth.
3. I’m hoping they re-sign Fuller and the Prince so as not to create another hole.
4. I expect them to sign at least one or two FA WR.
So coming into the draft they will be able to upgrade the team, not refill holes. This team needs playmakers at WR and OLB, that’s where I’d concentrate in the draft the first two rounds and build depth at OL and ILB the next couple of picks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't turn my chin up at a good O-Line pick, but at some point, these "man, we could've had him" moments with good skill position players wear you down. If you draft an O-Lineman and he becomes a serviceable guy, but Sutton and Ridley turn out to be studs, we'll have yet another one of those moments.

Maybe it makes me an impatient person, but I want to get my playmakers now.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
What we need is for a QB needy team to be choosing right behind us which will make other teams wanna trade up over them to get a QB. I like D.Ward but 5'10" scares me and he could even measure out to be smaller than that once he hits the combine. C.Ferrell is definitely on my list as well as Ridley, Sutton and Kirk. I really don't see the big enough need to go OT in the 1st but i couldn't get mad if we did. Is R.Smith big enough to play OLB for us? He's smaller then L.Floyd was when he entered the draft. Big big fan of A.Miller but not sure if he'll be worth a mid 1st rounder but i'd love to trade down and get him late 1st round while picking up an extra pick or two.

Roquan is an ILB. Also a huge fan of Miller. I'd take him top 15 all day.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
A few things.
1. Not taking a Tackle with a top ten pick, the Bears signed Leno long term and using a pick that high on a RT is a waste.
2. Same with OG. Starters are good when healthy and you don’t use a high pick on depth.
3. I’m hoping they re-sign Fuller and the Prince so as not to create another hole.
4. I expect them to sign at least one or two FA WR.
So coming into the draft they will be able to upgrade the team, not refill holes. This team needs playmakers at WR and OLB, that’s where I’d concentrate in the draft the first two rounds and build depth at OL and ILB the next couple of picks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our O line is nowhere close to what it needs to be in order to be successful. On top of that, it includes OGs that can’t stay healthy. And you want to maintain status quo?

I know we have plenty of needs, but we need lots of help on oline.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Roquan is an ILB. Also a huge fan of Miller. I'd take him top 15 all day.

I wanted to say i'd take A.Miller with our top pick if it was around #15 but no matter how much i like him, and i like him a lot and have called him Antonio Brown light, i still can't help but think about K.White and how many other WR's taken in the 1st round don't live up to being a 1st round pick. I'm never gonna come off of my stnace of we should go OLB with our 1st round pick, but if we did take A.Miller or Ridley or any WR in the 1st then i'd go ahead and trust that R.Pace and his team of scouts did their jobs and came to the decision that that WR was worth it and just hope for the best.

Can't wait to see what Trubs will do in 2018 with a new coaching staff, some new weapons at WR, a healthy o-line whether it be the same guys we have now or with a new RT, A RB combo of Howard and Cohen and would like to see B.Cunnungham back as well and with A.Shaheen starting at WR.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Our O line is nowhere close to what it needs to be in order to be successful. On top of that, it includes OGs that can’t stay healthy. And you want to maintain status quo?

I know we have plenty of needs, but we need lots of help on oline.

That's ridiculous, well except for the part that we have OG's that can't stay healthy. K.Long did finally have the surgeries he needed to have so hopefully he heals up nicely cause like it or not he will be our starting LG or RG next year. I see no reason not to just keep Sitton for his last year. We'll have a healthy E.Kush to back up either RG, LG or C if needed and then we'll have C.Whitehair who can play either G spot if Sitton or Long get hurt so we have quality guys that can back up either G spot. The only thing i would look into doing with the line is signing or drafting a RT.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Nate Solder?