Souts Inc. big board - Bears draft #9 who ya got?

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I'd love to drop back into the late teens and snag an additional 2nd pick but if we aren't talking about trading back Id say Williams, or Key. I'd love a pass rusher but there are only two that I'm familiar with and Chubb will be gone so that leaves Key. He has some baggage but we have vets on the D-line and older linebackers that can line him out. After the draft I think the top 10 will change a bit. I think there will be a few quality WRs available in the second. Depending on what he runs (if under 4.5) DJ Chark will be a fast riser after the Combine along with Equammious St Brown from Notre Dame. Both are tall targets and solid football guys. Both whose production has been limited by bad QB play. We are in a good spot, and if we can fill the pass rush need along with a solid 6th or starter for the O line and a tall WR to put opposite of Cam I think we will compete next year as a 8-10 win team.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
That's ridiculous, well except for the part that we have OG's that can't stay healthy. K.Long did finally have the surgeries he needed to have so hopefully he heals up nicely cause like it or not he will be our starting LG or RG next year. I see no reason not to just keep Sitton for his last year. We'll have a healthy E.Kush to back up either RG, LG or C if needed and then we'll have C.Whitehair who can play either G spot if Sitton or Long get hurt so we have quality guys that can back up either G spot. The only thing i would look into doing with the line is signing or drafting a RT.

It's not ridiculous.

Kyle Long will be coming off a litany of surgeries and there is no guarantee he will be the same player. Sitton may not even be back next year. I agree that Whitehair is a very good player and can play either the G or C position. Kush is a backup.

Andrew Norwell or Justin Pugh are FA targets for G. Weston Richburg is a FA target at C if they want to move Whitehair to G.

Q. Nelson (I believe) is the best G prospect to come out in years, and I think he will be a better G than K. Long. I would not be upset with picking him at all.

Just get blue-chip players, whatever the position. M. Fitzpatrick, Chubb, Nelson, all fit that mold. If all are gone, I'd like C. Ferrell or Roquan Smith.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
I'm all in for OLB in 1st round (Chubb, Key or Ferrell), especially after watching Seattle - Dallas game yesterday and seeing that high flying Seahawks defense.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not ridiculous.

Kyle Long will be coming off a litany of surgeries and there is no guarantee he will be the same player. Sitton may not even be back next year. I agree that Whitehair is a very good player and can play either the G or C position. Kush is a backup.

Andrew Norwell or Justin Pugh are FA targets for G. Weston Richburg is a FA target at C if they want to move Whitehair to G.

Q. Nelson (I believe) is the best G prospect to come out in years, and I think he will be a better G than K. Long. I would not be upset with picking him at all.

Just get blue-chip players, whatever the position. M. Fitzpatrick, Chubb, Nelson, all fit that mold. If all are gone, I'd like C. Ferrell or Roquan Smith.

First of all, drafting a guard with a top ten pick is ridiculous. Secondly, burning a top 10 pick at guard when it is a strength of your team is even stupider. Finally, using a top 10 pick on a guard when there will be at least 4 top young G/C free agents is idiotic.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
My guess is that they will try again to upgrade RT in FA. If they do so, I could see them moving Massie to guard or he’d make a good swing tackle. Long’s injuries are not career threatening. The only reason it’s a problem is that all the injuries are on the same side. You can play well with a bad hand or a torn labrum or a bulging disc but having them all at the same time and the labrum and hand being on the same side made it too difficult to play.
They should all heal just fine. I don’t that they need to ultimately get Sitton replaced but not with a top ten draft pick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Ridley for sure, I even wouldn't be apposed trading our 2019 1st and getting Sutton as well if we could pull it off. Then you could have two mega WR's for many years.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It's not ridiculous.

Saying our o-line is nowhere near what it needs to be to be successful is ridiculous. I love Nelson and think he's gonna be great but drafting a G with our first pick when we already have Long, Sitton, Whitehair and Kush would be stupid even if he's better then Long or any of them. We have much bigger needs at WR, OLB and CB then G.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
First of all, drafting a guard with a top ten pick is ridiculous. Secondly, burning a top 10 pick at guard when it is a strength of your team is even stupider. Finally, using a top 10 pick on a guard when there will be at least 4 top young G/C free agents is idiotic.

First of all, drafting a probable perennial Pro-Bowler at any position in the top 10 is not ridiculous.

Secondly, saying G is a strength of our team when Sitton is entering the final year of his deal and K. Long just had neck surgery is even more ridiculous.

Finally, I'm not averse to upgrading the interior OL via FA. I think it would be a good move by Pace. But if he doesn't go that route, all I'm saying is to pick a guy who is elite at whatever position he plays. Personally, I'd love Minkah. But if we're picking #9, I would understand the Nelson pick. Frankly, I'd be even more ok with trying to trade down and pick up C. Ridley or Roquan smith.

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Ridley for sure, I even wouldn't be apposed trading our 2019 1st and getting Sutton as well if we could pull it off. Then you could have two mega WR's for many years.

That would take some huge balls, and I'd respect the hell out of Pace if he picked two WRs in the first one year after trading up one spot for Trubisky. You'd have your QB-receiver situation shored up for years to come.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Saying our o-line is nowhere near what it needs to be to be successful is ridiculous. I love Nelson and think he's gonna be great but drafting a G with our first pick when we already have Long, Sitton, Whitehair and Kush would be stupid even if he's better then Long or any of them. We have much bigger needs at WR, OLB and CB then G.

Agreed we have bigger needs than OL. I never said our OL is nowhere near where it needs to be to be successful. Not sure where you read that in my post. But denying the current situation is delusional. Long may never be the same player. Sitton is likely gone-if not this offseason then next. That leaves Whitehair. Oh, and Kush if he can ever be the same player following his injury. Would not exactly be in a good position to be in.

However, that being said, I'm all for Chub if by some miracle he falls to us. Arden Key is a risk, but tremendous upside. M. Fitzpatrick is probably my favorite player in the draft. But who knows, Pace is-if nothing else-does surprising things come draft day.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
My guess is that they will try again to upgrade RT in FA. If they do so, I could see them moving Massie to guard or he’d make a good swing tackle. Long’s injuries are not career threatening. The only reason it’s a problem is that all the injuries are on the same side. You can play well with a bad hand or a torn labrum or a bulging disc but having them all at the same time and the labrum and hand being on the same side made it too difficult to play.
They should all heal just fine. I don’t that they need to ultimately get Sitton replaced but not with a top ten draft pick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There really isn't an upgrade at RT in FA this year. You would be better off keeping Massie. Unless you draft somebody on Day 1 or 2, you should pencil him as the starter in 2018.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Agreed we have bigger needs than OL. I never said our OL is nowhere near where it needs to be to be successful. Not sure where you read that in my post. But denying the current situation is delusional. Long may never be the same player. Sitton is likely gone-if not this offseason then next. That leaves Whitehair. Oh, and Kush if he can ever be the same player following his injury. Would not exactly be in a good position to be in.

However, that being said, I'm all for Chub if by some miracle he falls to us. Arden Key is a risk, but tremendous upside. M. Fitzpatrick is probably my favorite player in the draft. But who knows, Pace is-if nothing else-does surprising things come draft day.

Yeah i got you mixed up with TL1961 who was the one that said that...my bad.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...9-who-ya-got?p=2927121&viewfull=1#post2927121

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

So you're going off of K.Long not being healthy, Sitton being gone after next season and Kush not being the same after injury, so now what if Long is just fine, Sitton is here next year and Kush is just fine after his injury?? Are you then gonna bench one of Long or Sitton or are you gonna trade one of them or cut one of them?? There's just no reason to draft a G with our 1st round pick in this next draft, especially when we have such big needs at at least 3 other positions that we need our 1st round pick to be a day one starter at. If R.Pace stays with his BPA strategy that he's been doing then there's a very good chance that Nelson will be BPA when we pick.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What we need is for a QB needy team to be choosing right behind us which will make other teams wanna trade up over them to get a QB. I like D.Ward but 5'10" scares me and he could even measure out to be smaller than that once he hits the combine. C.Ferrell is definitely on my list as well as Ridley, Sutton and Kirk. I really don't see the big enough need to go OT in the 1st but i couldn't get mad if we did. Is R.Smith big enough to play OLB for us? He's smaller then L.Floyd was when he entered the draft. Big big fan of A.Miller but not sure if he'll be worth a mid 1st rounder but i'd love to trade down and get him late 1st round while picking up an extra pick or two.

You want to do what John Lynch did to yall?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
So you're going off of K.Long not being healthy, Sitton being gone after next season and Kush not being the same after injury, so now what if Long is just fine, Sitton is here next year and Kush is just fine after his injury?? Are you then gonna bench one of Long or Sitton or are you gonna trade one of them or cut one of them?? There's just no reason to draft a G with our 1st round pick in this next draft, especially when we have such big needs at at least 3 other positions that we need our 1st round pick to be a day one starter at. If R.Pace stays with his BPA strategy that he's been doing then there's a very good chance that Nelson will be BPA when we pick.

All good points. If Sitton comes back and Long is 100%, then obviously a much different scenario. Its all projection at this point. We tried to trade Sitton (according to reports), and Sitton may just want to hang it up this year. Or come back for one more year. Don't know. The dream for me, is to re-sign Fuller and somehow nab M. Fitzpatrick.

Fuller-Fitzpatrick-Amos-E. Jackson-LeBlanc-Callahan would be nasty.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
All good points. If Sitton comes back and Long is 100%, then obviously a much different scenario. Its all projection at this point. We tried to trade Sitton (according to reports), and Sitton may just want to hang it up this year. Or come back for one more year. Don't know. The dream for me, is to re-sign Fuller and somehow nab M. Fitzpatrick.

Fuller and Fitzpatrick would be a great set of starting CBs. We’d have to let Prince go though, and that be a gamble because we wouldn’t know if Fitzpatrick will be available when we pick in the draft.

A bird in hand...

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
There's a lot of hole BPA or trade back for picks.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Well i definitely can't sit here and say it wouldn't be nice to have that starting 4 in our secondary but for me, i'd take B.Chubb over M.Fitzpatrick and bring back both Fuller and Prince.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
That would take some huge balls, and I'd respect the hell out of Pace if he picked two WRs in the first one year after trading up one spot for Trubisky. You'd have your QB-receiver situation shored up for years to come.

Sutton is not worth trading up for. Let alone giving up at first rounder lmao.