Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I don't like chodes, but thanks. I never said you praise everything KW does but thanks! And btw, I haven't hated every move that KW does, just the ones that hurt the team and the farm system, which, unfortunately has happened more often then not in the past 4 years :(

You really don't believe that most people were ecstatic to get a left power hitter who put up high OBP, OPS, SLG an d HR's to a team that played in a band box and were coming off the Kotsay/Jones DH rotation?

Also: I apologize for the chode thing.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
FWIW; Its probably a do or die year for KW.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You really don't believe that most people were ecstatic to get a left power hitter who put up high OBP, OPS, SLG an d HR's to a team that played in a band box and were coming off the Kotsay/Jones DH rotation?

Also: I apologize for the chode thing.

There is no need to apologize, we are all passionate about the Sox and there is a lot of turmoil with the team right now. I took no offense.

I'm sure there were people that were estatic, but I also know there were people that weren't too thrilled about it because Thome was a cheaper option and a known DH. Dunn never proved to be capable of mentally handling the DH role, which is tough on a lot of people.

But sure, there were probably a lot of people who were excited about it. I just personally didn't know many of them.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Right and I get that. But I don't really figured it would be this bad. I figured the harder pitching would drop his HR total to 30-35 instead of the usually 40+. I still don't think its a bad signing. Too early to tell. Plus it got Ozzie fired.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's like breaking up with a girl over text message. Kind of a bitch move. Not upset by the move though. Cora can follow Ozzie.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
KW denies firing by text, btw. Coop getting the nod over Cora may have more to do with Oz "appointing" Cora.

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
There is no need to apologize, we are all passionate about the Sox and there is a lot of turmoil with the team right now. I took no offense.

I'm sure there were people that were estatic, but I also know there were people that weren't too thrilled about it because Thome was a cheaper option and a known DH. Dunn never proved to be capable of mentally handling the DH role, which is tough on a lot of people.

But sure, there were probably a lot of people who were excited about it. I just personally didn't know many of them.

How could Dunn have proven that to you?

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How could Dunn have proven that to you?

He couldn't of, since he was an NL player his entire career.

Thome had already proven he can handle the role and was cheaper.

It was a gamble, no doubt about it, and that is what I am sick of with our GM, he is a gambler and all of his moves are hit or miss. There is no in between.