Sox Sign Abreu

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 36m
Jose Abreu finalizing terms on six-year, $68M deal. Club expected to be #WhiteSox. Deal will be largest first-time contract for int’l player

Pauly's replacement is signed. Fucking awesome! :turtle:

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 39m
Abreu’s average annual value of $11.33M will be nearly twice that of Puig’s $6M. Cuban first baseman represented by Praver-Shapiro

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Nice! Though I'm skeptical because he turns 27 in January. But now since he's our big ticket FA, I want catcher Saltalamacchia. Now if we could dump Dunns contract the. I'd like to get a McCann or Ellsbury.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Now this

MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan reports that the Rangers are "definitely making a push" to land Cuban first baseman Jose Abreu.
FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reported earlier that Abreu was close to a six-year, $68 million deal, with the White Sox representing his likely landing spot. However, Sullivan was told by one source familiar with the negotiations that the Rangers "are expected to land him." We should know Abreu's ultimately destination soon.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now this

MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan reports that the Rangers are "definitely making a push" to land Cuban first baseman Jose Abreu.
FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reported earlier that Abreu was close to a six-year, $68 million deal, with the White Sox representing his likely landing spot. However, Sullivan was told by one source familiar with the negotiations that the Rangers "are expected to land him." We should know Abreu's ultimately destination soon.

Evan Grant, who is a beat reporter for the Rangers, is saying that despite the Rangers interest that the White Sox are still expected to land him. Seems like some finally negotiating to maximize the contract.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didnt think the Sox would pull this off but.....

any update? I want to jizz but cant yet!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didnt think the Sox would pull this off but.....

merkin says done pending physical

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
@scottmerkin: The report by @Ken_Rosenthal confirmed by source to our @JesseSanchezMLB : Abreu to White Sox at 6 years, $68 million pending physical

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Merkin sayin this is our big ticket FA signing. May look for trades now.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well i assume they are attempting a blackhawks type "core" . whether they pan out is another discussion in its own but I agree with garcia,garcia,abreu type start. we need a starting rh pitcher...prefer a #2 and a 3bmn. lets say we move viciedo or anvisail to 3b and sign granderson...just a hypothetical. lil garcia,deaza,abreu,dunn,garcia,granderson,viciedo,beckham. Sale,a number 2,quintana,danks,5th

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOVE IT!!!!

We've become little Havana on the South Side.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I hope to hear a finalization soon because the Sox have been awful for quite some time. I have to admit i'm getting exciting about the prospect of his kid being with the Sox. I just hope he pans out more than Viciedo has.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
A positive is the Sox have so much room payroll wise. The are I think right now in the $55 million range. They could still get Jacoby and McCann and be under $100 million.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Merkin said he thinks this is our big ticket FA, the more I watch Ellsbury the more I want him on our Sox.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Merkin said he thinks this is our big ticket FA, the more I watch Ellsbury the more I want him on our Sox.

So say Elsbury gets $20 million over 6 years. That's $75 million for next year. Dunn off the books the following year. I'd take that.

interesting stat they had on Jacoby. He's at a higher stealing percentage than Rickey Henderson on success.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I hope we get him just don't see it. His game would be a tremendous addition to our lineup. When is the winter meetings?

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
So that's when all the dealings happen. Can't wait.

Love to get either McCann or Ellsbury.

If not them id go for salty and choo.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good get for the Sox. Comes w/ a bit of risk -- but I've only heard positive things about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.