BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
yeah Im not getting my hopes up.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Talks between Konerko and the White Sox seem to be going well, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (Twitter link). Konerko will likely get $12.5MM per season, potentially for three years."

Mackman

Hawks 2010 CHAMPS!!
Liked Posts:
KW is putting together a strong offer. Dunn and Pierzynski have deferred salary just so they could re-sign him. Rival Execs see the Sox getting him at 13 Million per year. Sox are meeting with Konerko Monday.

Let's hope!

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
It seems that this is just a matter of time and little bit of leverage by Konerko. He deserves it all! BUT IMO, Id sign Lee for a year and try for Pujols next year, you have Buehrle and Jackson coming off the books which Id rather keep jackson then floyd. And next offseason the yanks wont bid on Pujols and likewise with the Red Sox, because Tex and AGon have monster deals.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems that this is just a matter of time and little bit of leverage by Konerko. He deserves it all! BUT IMO, Id sign Lee for a year and try for Pujols next year, you have Buehrle and Jackson coming off the books which Id rather keep jackson then floyd. And next offseason the yanks wont bid on Pujols and likewise with the Red Sox, because Tex and AGon have monster deals.

pujols will be a cardinal for life. IMO

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
How was this updated today at 11:56 PM? :shifty:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Snag In White Sox, Konerko Talks?
By Steve Adams [December 7 at 10:59am CST]
10:59am: There could be a snag in the Konerko talks, tweets Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times, with the player's agent insisting on $15MM per year.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow thats alot of money for 34 y/o...i know he had really good year last year but woulnt CHW be better off spending 15 mil on like 2-3 players instead of just 1?

Mackman

Hawks 2010 CHAMPS!!
Liked Posts:
Sox interested in Kerry Wood

Ken Rosenthal tweeted this-#Yankees still want K. Wood back; Lee comes first. #WhiteSox also showing interest in Wood; Konerko first. Sox need late-inning help. #MLN

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Sorry I dont give a 34 soon to be 35 year old 1B 15 mil a year! As much as I love konerko and wan't him back I don't! Id sign Lee to a 1yr deal and go for Pujols. And btw guys Pujols is seeking big money, we can give that to him, with no 1B, Buehrle and Jackson on the books

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Pujols seeking 'A-Rod money' from Cardinals

According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, Albert Pujols is "seeking A-Rod money" in his negotiations toward an extension with the Cardinals.
Pujols' representatives met Monday with Cardinals GM John Mozeliak and further meetings are planned throughout this week. It's unlikely that exact terms have been exchanged just yet, but they will need to be at some point. Alex Rodriguez landed a 10-year, $275 million deal from the Yankees in December of 2007. The Cardinals probably won't be willing to match that length, but they may offer a similar annual salary. If that does the trick, look for an extension to be signed before spring training. Dec. 7 - 9:04 am et
Source: Jon Heyman on Twitter

Mackman

Hawks 2010 CHAMPS!!
Liked Posts:
Konerko's agent, Craig Landis, in lobby talking to reporters. If deal with #WhiteSox was close, he would be nowhere to be found. #MLB..........this again tweeted by Ken Rosenthal

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Ya this is gona drag out! I cant give him 15 mil a year im sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.