SoxFest 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
sf_649x252.jpg

January 27-29, presented by Miller Lite and Pepsi takes place at the Palmer House Hilton

SoxFest Hours
Friday, January 27
4:00-9:00 p.m.

Saturday, January 28
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Sunday, January 29
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

SoxFest hotel guests purchasing a weekend pass will receive an exclusive, limited-edition SoxFest Joe Crede bobblehead doll - one per weekend pass purchased.

Friday Night of SoxFest is open only to hotel guests with weekend passes.

Hotel guests will receive a special, SoxFest Joe Crede bobblehead doll (one per weekend pass purchased).

A limited number of individual day SoxFest passes will be made available for sale at a later date. These passes do not require the purchase of a SoxFest hotel package.

Back by popular demand the Saturday night Family Party (check back for more details)!

Featuring
New White Sox manager Robin Ventura along with Jesse, Crain, Adam Dunn, Tyler Flowers, Gavin Floyd, Phil Humber, Paul Konerko, Brent Lillibridge, Brent Morel, Jake Peavy, A.J. Pierzynski, Alexei Ramirez, Chris Sale, Matt Thornton, Dayan Viciedo and other current team members will be joined by members of the 2005 World Series winning White Sox team - Neal Cotts, Joe Crede, Pablo Ozuna, Cliff Politte and Frank Thomas are scheduled to appear. Check back for player updates!

2B7fhuBe.jpg

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Feel free to post all info, news and comments about SoxFest here.

Anybody going?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Nope. Went one year. It was enough

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I would love to make it out one year.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kenny might want to cover himself from the pitchforks.

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
I've never gone. It seems you can't get tickets without getting a hotel room. Is that accurate?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They always want to sell hotel packs but you can get day passes

No it was something to do and I don't regret going however if I went again regret would set in

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kenny might want to cover himself from the pitchforks.

How many tmes, or have yo been, Joe?

For the right price Id go to BS. Seems like Friday is the best day since its after noon till night and the weekend days are earlier.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I'd like to go to one.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder how attendance compares between the Cubs Convention and SoxFest. How much room does each event allot for?

SaberSox

Ass Man
Liked Posts:
Sox fest has never really interested me. What I enjoy going to is the Picnic in the Park they do every year. It's a little pricey ($250), but it's worth it and most of the $$ goes to Sox Charities. Food and alcohol are included and you get to go on the field and have a picnic. You can go pretty much anywhere in the field except for the infileld (you can go to home plate, though). The first hour of the picnic, all the players are set up at tables and you can get autographs. I have the 2005 SI with the Sox on the cover signed by most of the players, bats signed by PK, Thome, and Bacon, 2005 WS balls signed by PK & Pods, 2009 All-Star ball signed by Buehrle, signed jersies, got my pic taken with Baines and other players, etc. Some players will hang out with their families after the game. It's a great time! Highly recommend going if you can.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sox fest has never really interested me. What I enjoy going to is the Picnic in the Park they do every year. It's a little pricey ($250), but it's worth it and most of the $$ goes to Sox Charities. Food and alcohol are included and you get to go on the field and have a picnic. You can go pretty much anywhere in the field except for the infileld (you can go to home plate, though). The first hour of the picnic, all the players are set up at tables and you can get autographs. I have the 2005 SI with the Sox on the cover signed by most of the players, bats signed by PK, Thome, and Bacon, 2005 WS balls signed by PK & Pods, 2009 All-Star ball signed by Buehrle, signed jersies, got my pic taken with Baines and other players, etc. Some players will hang out with their families after the game. It's a great time! Highly recommend going if you can.

I've heard about that. It seems like a really good time. I'm going to try and get to SoxFest one of the next few years and if I like it, I may make it an annual thing.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
SoxFest fireworks set to fly early - Chicago White Sox Blog - ESPN Chicago

CHICAGO -- The White Sox announced a preliminary schedule for the Jan 27-29 SoxFest at the Palmer House Hilton and the fireworks are expected to come early.

Confirmed for the opening night of the annual winter event is a seminar featuring general manager Kenny Williams and new manager Robin Ventura.

Williams’ opening night session has been known to feature a tense back-and-forth with fans, especially when expectations aren’t high for the upcoming season. That appears to be the case for the 2012 season as the White Sox shifted into a quasi rebuilding mode.

Also confirmed for the opening night is a seminar called “State of the Game” with commissioner Bud Selig and broadcaster Hawk Harrelson.

Ventura has seminars all three days, including those with his coaching staff on Saturday and Sunday. Members of the 2005 World Series club have seminars both Saturday and Sunday.

Current players scheduled to appear at SoxFest are Gordon Beckham, John Danks, A.J. Pierzynski, Paul Konerko Dayan Viciedo, Adam Dunn, Brent Morel, Alexei Ramirez, Chris Sale and Jake Peavy, among others.

Also scheduled to appear are members of the 2005 World Series champions including: Joe Crede, Neal Cotts, Frank Thomas, Pablo Ozuna and Cliff Politte.

For more SoxFest information, and a complete list of players who will be in attendance, visit whitesox.com/soxfest.

Status
Not open for further replies.