Speed WR

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah you can't be sending ARob on go routes because then who is going to ear up targets underneath. He will go deep from time to time but he is needed in the short and intermediate game. As he is the No 1, it also makes it harder for teams to double him in the short and intermediate game as it is easier to devote a S to a guy going deep.

The goal is having someone else for the D to worry about that can threaten the top of the D. That was suppose to be Gabs but the combination of his small size and Trubs inaccuracy makes that difficult. So you need a WR with ability to get deep and some ability to go up and get the ball to cover up for some of Mitch's inaccuracy. That is a guy with Mims with his combination of speed and height or Reagor with his combination of speed and vertical.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Miller gets hurt are you comfortable with Ridley/Wims as the #2? I'm not especially when Miller is by far the fastest receiver we have and he's really more quick then he is fast, unless we use C.Patterson more which i could actually see them doing. I think somewhere in the draft they draft a WR even if it's in the 6th or 7th round.
Yes. I'm good with Ridley and we signed Reggie Davis who has no NFL regular season resume but ran a low 4.3 at his pro day so it's not like we don't have a speed guy in camp.
I expect another speed guy from the draft/udfa.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I've never watched Killins, but I have no doubt that they Bears have scouted him. The same scout who found Kerrith Whyte from Florida Atlantic is responsible for UCF.

(Edit After watching the video)
Dude is fast. Kinda small, but fast as hell. But you know who impressed me as well from that video? #24 from Memphis who was gaining ground on him against the angle.

He is small but he’s tough and runs hard inside and they used him around the goal line quite a bit. His stats would be eye popping but UCF used 4 running backs last season and all of them were productive.

He’s a much better player than Whyte too so there may be some interest.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is small but he’s tough and runs hard inside and they used him around the goal line quite a bit. His stats would be eye popping but UCF used 4 running backs last season and all of them were productive.

He’s a much better player than Whyte too so there may be some interest.

Killins would be Cohen's replacement in the Bears' offense.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yeah you can't be sending ARob on go routes because then who is going to ear up targets underneath. He will go deep from time to time but he is needed in the short and intermediate game. As he is the No 1, it also makes it harder for teams to double him in the short and intermediate game as it is easier to devote a S to a guy going deep.

The goal is having someone else for the D to worry about that can threaten the top of the D. That was suppose to be Gabs but the combination of his small size and Trubs inaccuracy makes that difficult. So you need a WR with ability to get deep and some ability to go up and get the ball to cover up for some of Mitch's inaccuracy. That is a guy with Mims with his combination of speed and height or Reagor with his combination of speed and vertical.

Mims and Reagor would both be exciting options. Reagor for his size is excellent at high pointing the ball too in addition to that speed you see on tape.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Killins would be Cohen's replacement in the Bears' offense.

It would be interesting to have them both for a year and then move to Killins if he proves worthy. I just don’t see the Bears paying Cohen next off-season so I agree with you for sure.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Our WR core sucks donkey balls outside ARob. Miller can't seem to play without injuring his shoulder and is only 1 year younger than ARob. Realistically we probably can only pay one of them.

The others aren't even worth mentioning. So WR is a top priority IMO and we definitely need speed. Reagor or Mims please at 43.

Robinson is a proven monster, but how can we properly evaluate Miller/Wims/Ridley when they've only had Trubisky throwing them the ball?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Robinson is a proven monster, but how can we properly evaluate Miller/Wims/Ridley when they've only had Trubisky throwing them the ball?
Watch them play? Wims with an 8% drop rate and Miller almost getting sat for his route running. Who knows about Ridley with his lack of snaps but I expect him to be pretty good, just like I expect the other 2 to step up after a couple years at the spot and better coaching this year. It was easy to see issues here. Doesn't make Mitch any better but to ignore this is denial.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Our WR core sucks donkey balls outside ARob. Miller can't seem to play without injuring his shoulder and is only 1 year younger than ARob. Realistically we probably can only pay one of them.

The others aren't even worth mentioning. So WR is a top priority IMO and we definitely need speed. Reagor or Mims please at 43.
Reagor will be gone by then.
oh and do you remember the WR position was our deepest last year? We can't even make out who can do what, if Trubiksy was targeting A.R 100% of the time with no time to set and throw the ball.
If we can't pay Miller when his contract is up, we're fucked. who are we gonna replace him with?... on top of all of these short contracts all over the roster?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm fine with those 5 WR's.

Whats the point of using a 4th rounder on ridley(Who was supposed to be a bottom 2nd/early 3rd pick), if we are never going to play him?

Ridley legit had a higher grade on him than Anthony Miller did coming out in the draft. Yes we don't have a burner, but I think that shit is overblown. Arob and Miller are more than capable of stretching the field in single coverage. Alshon/Marshall were never fast and did a lot of damage deep with cutty.

I hate when people act like Ridley's supposed to be good by saying he was supposed to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder because that's going by the so called draft experts who are wrong more then they're right. I'm gonna go by what a GM and his scouts think over someone in the media 10 times out of 10. The GM's and scouts get so much more about a player in the draft process cause they get to talk to them in person and watch them play or practice in person. I think putting these kids in a room and talking to them and putting them on a white board is a big part of the process. I sure hope he ends up being a 4th round steal but until i see it he's a guy that every team passed up until the 4th round.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Gibson can spell Monty in the backfield. Cohen cannot. He is not at his most effective being used as RB 2, despite the numbers he put up at NC AT&T. Defenses adjusted, and his production dipped as a result. Not sure why you say Cohen has good vision-he does not. I like Cohen also, but he is a gadget player. He can’t do what he did in college against NFL talent consistently. When they adjusted, Cohens numbers dropped. Gibson just wasn’t used as much in college, and his pass catching ability and vision is far superior to Cohen’s. He will put up better numbers in the NFL than Cohen will.

We definitely need another true RB to pair with Monty and Cohen isn't that guys.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Cause trading down is always a sure fire way to get a better player

This forum need a Beginners Forum, where NFL noobs can post stupid shit, get beaten down and come back a better poster
You get beat down every time you post and still you have not improved at all.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Miller and robinson both have 4.45 and 4.47 40's and 39 inch verticals.....Thats more than good enough for a 9 route....

Mike Williams led the league in YPC average this year at over 20, and he ran a 4.5ish 40 and had a 32 inch vertical.

AJ Brown was 2nd with a near 20YPC average and he was a 4.49 40 also...36 inch vertical.

Kenny Golladay was 3rd, ran a 4.5, 36 inch vertical...

Stefon diggs was 4th....ran a 4.46 40 and had a 36 inch vertical...

Mike Evans....6th...ran a 4.53 and had a 37 inch vertical

Michael Gallup...7th...ran a 4.53 and a 36 inch vertical

Devante Parker...8th...ran a 4.45 and had a 36.5inch vertical.

James Washington...9th...4.54 and 34 inch vertical.

As I stated before, the issue of "going deep" isn't due to a lack of speed WR's...

If we play more 2 TE sets we won't need more than Miller and Robinson out on the field. Ridley and Wims playing spot duty is more than good enough.

The #2 WR shit is way overblown. I guess we'll see what Nagy decides he wants when the draft comes around.

I think you're not taking into account the injury history of A.Miller and if he does get hurt that we have to rely on unproven players in 7th round pick J.Wims and 4th round pick who couldn't get on the field in R.Ridley. That would also put a ton of pressure on ARob. We have to have another WR.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Did you not read what I posted earlier on the topic?

It doesn't matter if you put a guy with 4.3 speed back there....because we had him, if you get double coverage with a safety it isn't going to happen....no matter how fast a dude is. Unless he's tyreek hill.

Most teams played 6 or less in the box against us. They played the pass heavy. We couldn't run on 6 in the box, so they had no reason to get out of that look.

Mitch sucked as well.

Mitch had the 3rd most deep attempts in the league in 2018.

You don't need a fast WR in order to have a downfield threat....I just gave you the numbers. ARob was 6th in 2015 in Yards per reception. 17.5YPR

Please watch this, then tell me Arob can't be a downfield threat. You give him single coverage deep and he wins, he wins nearly every fucking time as long as you throw him a good ball. At this point blake bortles is better than mitch, which is sad. Mitch can't throw a pass over 20 yards that is accurate. If he could throw a nice lob up to arob...he...wins...every...time. Too bad mitch can't. Too bad the line can't hold up to give him time to even try. Too bad we can't get single coverage deep to allow it.

Once again, you don't need a burner to run a 9 route. Most of the best in the biz run very mediocre 40's. Most of the best all time did the same.

You keep on bringing up the 9 route but that's not the only route a speed WR can do damage to a defense running. You're using the speed WR as only running one route and that route is obviously important for that speed WR but not the only one that can hurt a defense and help the offense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It’s obvious pace is trying to fill holes like he always does before the drafting with one year deals and we have benefited. We do need better talent at the skill positions and we can find oline depth in later rounds. IMO we need another rb I am not sold on Montgomery at all and we do need a #2 wr. TC isn’t a true rb he is a flex player. Two player that might be there in the second round that would help day one is Jonathan Taylor, has way better speed than Montgomery and hands. Also we probably could trade down and pick up someone that blew up the combine and still nobody is talking about Is Chase Claypool 6”3 and 4.42 that crazy speed for a man that size.

Claypool shocked everyone at the combine in multiple drills and many thought he was gonna work out with the TE's because of his size. He's another C.Patterson but he can actually be a full time WR where for some reason CP just never was able to do it in Minn when given the chance.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I went to UCF and I never miss a game. I mentioned Killins as fit and just a great weapon to have in a few threads last year. He would be the fastest player on the team and he is a football player first even though he has track speed.

Gabriel Davis is the WR out of UCF that i've been hearing about to be used as a speed WR.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Absolutely love Mims, shit i think everyone on here loves Mims but really has seemed to be moving up draft boards lately to the 1st round. Now of course these are just made up mocks from the so called draft experts so there's no telling where he'll really go but not sure he'll make it to #43 and i don't think the Bears should stay at #43 either cause i'm now all about trading down with both picks at least once. Wouldn't be mad at all if we stayed at #43 and drafted Mims though.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Mims and Reagor would both be exciting options. Reagor for his size is excellent at high pointing the ball too in addition to that speed you see on tape.

I love Reagor but he really stunk it up at the combine considering what was expected of him going into it. Still like him though cause i don't think the combine should be used for what a player does when on the football field.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not like they were getting targets and passes were errant. Coaches didnt want Ridley om field, Wimms dropped passes he should have caught including in end zone and Miller was MIA for half the season.

They all had their own issues regardless of Trubs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Absolutely love Mims, shit i think everyone on here loves Mims but really has seemed to be moving up draft boards lately to the 1st round. Now of course these are just made up mocks from the so called draft experts so there's no telling where he'll really go but not sure he'll make it to #43 and i don't think the Bears should stay at #43 either cause i'm now all about trading down with both picks at least once. Wouldn't be mad at all if we stayed at #43 and drafted Mims though.

If you trade down. Trade down with 50. We need an at least one impact player in 2nd round IMO.