Speed WR

msadows

Liked Posts:
No it isnt a luxury. I think it is the best way to improve the offense because I think he will be better than a rookie G or T. I also think we will get a vet RG. Again a rookie G or T is useleas this year if they cant beat out Leno/Massie. Reagor is not.

lol what the fuck are you on about now.

A rookie WR is a lot less likely to produce than a rookie guard.

It's also now our biggest weakness on our team.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You rate Burton highly and I dont. I also dont think his health is guaranteed as I think he has issues that go beyond the physical.

Miller has an ongoing shoulder issue and has not cemented himself as a No 2 and Cohens likes to run sideways.

So the reason you perceive a luxury and I dont is you rate those guys higher than I do. That is fine but stop lying and telling me how I feel. It is not a luxury for me.

It is a luxury tho.

Miller and Graham combined in 2018 for 165 targets and 1,200 yards. Obviously on two seperate teams, but still.

I just listed 5 players on our offense who would get 465 targets, if everything goes to plan.

Mitch threw the ball 516 times last year. Just sayin. There is only one ball.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lol what the fuck are you on about now.

A rookie WR is a lot less likely to produce than a rookie guard.

It's also now our biggest weakness on our team.

Read what I said. I said a rookie T/G is useless if they can't beat out Leno/Massie or in the case of a G a vet that we pick up. I also already said I still expect us to get a G prospect early. We have two 2nd round picks. I would go WR and then G most likely.

But Leno/Massie are guys that have started a ton of games in NFL. You draft a T and I find it doubtful they coming in day 1 and winning the job. I think it is far easier for a Reagor to come in and beat out Wims or Ridley.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is a luxury tho.

Miller and Graham combined in 2018 for 165 targets and 1,200 yards. Obviously on two seperate teams, but still.

I just listed 5 players on our offense who would get 465 targets, if everything goes to plan.

Mitch threw the ball 516 times last year. Just sayin. There is only one ball.

This explains why it is a luxury to you. None of the above I think is likely. Now listen to what I say and let me know if based on what I say, it is a luxury. I am fully aware you believe the above. The issue is I don't believe it. I can only decide on whether something is a luxury based on what I believe not you.

1. I find it doubtful that the Burton/Graham combine for 100 targets. Whether due to injury or simply ineffectiveness.

2. I don't think Wims and Ridely are good enough to be legit No 3 WRs.

3. I don't think we can trust Miller to establish himself as a true No 2.

4. I think Cohen will be most effective with less targets.

Based on the above, I think a WR that can truly emerge as a No2 or even a No1 is a bigger need than you do because there is no way I think those 5 guys you reference are going to get 465 targets.

Now again, I fully accept that if I believed as you do that those guys would get 465 targets then WR is not a big need. However, I don't think that is true and that they are deserving collectively of so many targets as outside of ARob, they all have question marks for me.

So we can keep going back and forth on something that is unknowable and based on our beliefs or we can accept you think it is a luxury because you have more faith in our current stable of TEs and WRs than I do. I think it is a need.

msadows

Liked Posts:
We can probably get this guy in round 5, maybe 6.

I'll take him over a 2nd round WR.

Draft beefblock in round 2.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We can probably get this guy in round 5, maybe 6.

I'll take him over a 2nd round WR.

Draft beefblock in round 2.

Duvernay is going to be a stud. He's NFL ready in terms of toughness and strength. He doesn't play as fast as he times, but he's going to make an immediate impact.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like DD but not sure he lasts until the 5th. If we trade down and pick up a 4th that is probably where I would be targeting him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Plenty of WR's run slower 40's at the combine. I understand they run faster at pro days, but Arob was predicted and tested to run in the 4.5's, which is prob closer to his true speed, which a ton of top downfield targets have had in the past and current. He isn't a burner, like you just said, there is more than one way to skin a cat. He's shown in the past he's a downfield explosive threat. He wins by route running and jump balls, either way he still wins.

You want a speed WR, and that's fine. I'm not saying i dont WANT one, what I'm saying is if you have a decent QB and an oline that gives you time, and a favorable coverage(learn to run the ball nagy), then you don't essentially NEED one. Arob and Miller are fine enough and have showed it during their careers.

Safety, CB#2, backup edge, RG, and tackle are much more urgent needs than getting a WR#2. That's what we call a luxury, especially when you just drafted a WR who was projected to be a 2nd round pick just last year.

I'd actually put WR2 above CB2 and Safety as of now. I think D.Bush can play as well or close to as well as Amos did as a good tackling, hard hitting box safety and out of Toliver, Roberson and Burns CB2 will be covered. I do kinda agree with what you said in another post that Reagor and A.Miller have very close to the same playing styles which is why i'm more about getting the Robby Anderson or B.Perriman type of speed WR that has size and speed to beat their guy with the straight line speed and still the size to go up over the defender and get it. Either way i'm on the need of a speed WR train and not getting off it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd rather sign demarcus robinson if he comes cheap than draft a WR tbh. He knows the system and can contribute immediately.

The most explosive WR in the NFL to me is Tyreek Hill, and Arob in 2015 had a higher Yard per reception than he's ever had in his career.

I personally feel we are good at WR. I guess we'll see what pace thinks.

You say you think we're good at WR but have said in multiple posts that you'd like for us to sign D.Robinson. I think many of us that have been saying we want a speed WR would be good if we signed D.Robinson. He's not that burner but he can still play on the outside opposite ARob and has good size. Would still rather have speed opposite ARob but i understand our cap situation most likely won't allow that so we'll see what Pace does in the draft. Definitely haven't heard any rumors of us having much interest in WR but Pace is pretty good with smoke screens this time of year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I like DD but not sure he lasts until the 5th. If we trade down and pick up a 4th that is probably where I would be targeting him.

lol

The 5th is generous. There are at least 20 WR's in this draft who are better than him. He will be there, unless every nfl team decides they want a WR in this draft, or some team hires you as an area scout.

You're confusing your texas WR's. Collin Johnson has a chance to be picked early day 2, if DD does it's only based on combine time.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Our WR core sucks donkey balls outside ARob. Miller can't seem to play without injuring his shoulder and is only 1 year younger than ARob. Realistically we probably can only pay one of them.

The others aren't even worth mentioning. So WR is a top priority IMO and we definitely need speed. Reagor or Mims please at 43.

When did Miller injure his shoulder last season???

msadows

Liked Posts:
You say you think we're good at WR but have said in multiple posts that you'd like for us to sign D.Robinson. I think many of us that have been saying we want a speed WR would be good if we signed D.Robinson. He's not that burner but he can still play on the outside opposite ARob and has good size. Would still rather have speed opposite ARob but i understand our cap situation most likely won't allow that so we'll see what Pace does in the draft. Definitely haven't heard any rumors of us having much interest in WR but Pace is pretty good with smoke screens this time of year.

There is a difference between spending our top draft pick on a WR #2 and signing a guy who knows the scheme and can contribute immediately. If he comes cheap I wouldn't mind him. And Robinson was a very good vertical threat in college. Like I said, 40 times are dumb.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lol

The 5th is generous. There are at least 20 WR's in this draft who are better than him. He will be there, unless every nfl team decides they want a WR in this draft, or some team hires you as an area scout.

You're confusing your texas WR's. Collin Johnson has a chance to be picked early day 2, if DD does it's only based on combine time.

We will see. He had a good combine and had 1386 yards. So good combination of production and measurables. If he ends up going in the 5th then no skin off my back but I think he may go earlier.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We literally just drafted a WR who was supposed to go in the 2nd round.

Do you want us to draft 3 2nd round caliber WR's 3 years in a row? LOL

Who is it exactly that said Ridley was supposed to go in the 2nd round? Can you show me cause i'm curious?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That's why I feel spending a 2nd on WR is unnecessary. This draft is so deep at WR, why not wait until the 5th to take a quality receiver?

Going off that, 2021 draft is supposed to be even more loaded at WR. Spending a 2nd on receiver in 2020 seems unnecessary to me.

I can't wait until Pace drafts a RB (Cam Akers) with one of his first couple of picks. CCS is gonna be great.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Throughout the 2018 season, Miller struggled with a left shoulder injury, which he detailed to Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune. Among the revelations was the fact that Miller’s shoulder was far worse than many believed. He “painfully dislocated” it “maybe five or six times.”

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/04/chicago-bears-anthony-miller-shoulder-surgery/

Keep in mind with Miller, he is not necessarily saying all the time when it is injured. He dislocated it 5 or 6 times in 2018 according to him. No telling how many times he did so in 19 but this is no small issue in my opinion. We often see Miller apparently short arming passes or not going up there to get a ball and I think he has problems raising his arms above his shoulder and is conscious of going on the ground as one bad landing and its another dislocation as we saw in Week 17.

So I doubt Week 17 was the first time in 2019 the shoulder bothered him. Huge reason why I don't think it is wise to just count on him. At this point it is not a question of whether he injures it again but whether he can manage the pain and limitations in movement when he does. And I quite frankly don't think we will want to risk a 2nd contract on him if he were to blow up so his days in Chicago are numbered from my perspective unless he settles into a nice No 3 role. I don't think he is the future 2 or 1 IMO.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I mean that was a fucked draft for WR's anyways. AJ Brown and DK Metcalf were the top 2 prospects on paper and both went late in the 2nd round.

Mecole Hardman got way overdrafted(at the time) and ended up becoming good for the chiefs. Then again I'm pretty sure mahomes could make anyone look good.