Stafford Requesting Trade

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I imagine these teams are interested

Miami
Denver
San Francisco
Indy

If I'm the Rams, I'd inquire as well and dump Goff(unlikely)

The Rams would be a great fit for Stafford. But Goff has 65M dead cap. They can't get rid of him until after 2022 at earliest.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
That’s fine if you think that..... but to compare him to Cutler is laughable. Just completely different games. I mean completely different.
The game might be different but the results will be the same.....he will not win anything in the NFL.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I imagine these teams are interested

Miami
Denver
San Francisco
Indy

If I'm the Rams, I'd inquire as well and dump Goff(unlikely)
If were Miami I wouldn't do it. Either get Watson or draft qb 3rd overall.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Prove me wrong.
I don't see nothing in Mac that has impressed me that he will be anything special in the NFL.

Hard pass

I didn’t say he would be anything special in the NFL but what comparisons do you see in him that you call him “Cutler JR.”???

They don’t remotely have the same playing style.

Your statement is puzzling....

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I didn’t say he would be anything special in the NFL but what comparisons do you see in him that you call him “Cutler JR.”???

They don’t remotely have the same playing style.

Your statement is puzzling....
And I never said they had the same style.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Stafford to Indy, Watson to the Jets. Bears trade underperforming FS Jackson to the Jets for Darnold.
Bears QBs - Darnold / Foles. Bears pick up Darnold's 5th year option.
This is our best way forward. Nagy and his staff give Darnold an offense he can excel. Tag AR, draft a LT in round 1 and WR or CB in round 2.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Stafford to Indy, Watson to the Jets. Bears trade underperforming FS Jackson to the Jets for Darnold.
This is our best way forward. Nagy and his staff give Darnold an offense he can excel. Tag AR, draft a LT in round 1 and WR or CB in round 2.

Hard pass. Imagine thinking Nagy and his stafg can give an underperforming QB an offense that they can excel in.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Darnold can not excel. That train has rolled on. He’s mentally fried and has football PTSD.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'd prefer Minshew to Darnold. Far less expensive and I think he fits what Nagy wants to do more.

Obvious neither are great options but the Bears aren't getting Watson or Stafford or trading into the top 3.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Prove me wrong.
I don't see nothing in Mac that has impressed me that he will be anything special in the NFL.

Hard pass

You don't know though. What is it that makes you think you can predict which QB's will be bad, good or great in the NFL when actual GM's, Coaches and Scouts can't?

If they could then they wouldn't draft QB's like R.Mirer, Trubisky, A.Ware, R.Leaf and the list goes on in the 1st round and QB's like T.Brady, A.Rodgers, D.Prescott, J.Theisman, R.Staubach and many others were drafted outside the 1st round.

I know A.Rodgers was drafted in the 1st round but it was pick #24 of the 1st round.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Rams would be a great fit for Stafford. But Goff has 65M dead cap. They can't get rid of him until after 2022 at earliest.

Rams are in basically the same situation with Goff as the Eagles are with Wentz.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You don't know though. What is it that makes you think you can predict which QB's will be bad, good or great in the NFL when actual GM's, Coaches and Scouts can't?

If they could then they wouldn't draft QB's like R.Mirer, Trubisky, A.Ware, R.Leaf and the list goes on in the 1st round and QB's like T.Brady, A.Rodgers, D.Prescott, J.Theisman, R.Staubach and many others were drafted outside the 1st round.

I know A.Rodgers was drafted in the 1st round but it was pick #24 of the 1st round.
The Bears passed on Rodgers and it was a mistake if the Bears pass on Mac in the first rd it will not be a mistake.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If were Miami I wouldn't do it. Either get Watson or draft qb 3rd overall.

Miami just hired a new offensive coach who worked with Tua before the draft but now it's slipping my mind just where he worked with him. It was something i think to get ready for the draft. I don't know if that means they wanna go forward with Tua but it would definitely seem like they are by making this hire.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Bears passed on Rodgers and it was a mistake if the Bears pass on Mac in the first rd it will not be a mistake.

Yeah i think everyone gets that you think you know Mac will suck in the NFL. My question was why do you think you can make predictions on what any college QB will be in the NFL when actual GM's, Coaches and Scouts can't even get it right? I mean i know i have no idea what QB's will be what making that transition and i'm a big college and NFL fan.

Thank you for telling me the Bears passing on Rodgers was a mistake cause 23 teams that passed on him made that mistake.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
All the QB stuff this offseason has been intense.

Watson wants out?
Wentz said he wanted out, then the Eagles fired their coach and hired someone else, so who knows?
Now Stafford and Detroit agree to part ways?
Brees retires?
Rivers retires?
Big Ben should retire?
Report that McVay won't commit to Goff next season?
49ers appears to be linked to a bunch of QBs not named Jimmy?

Free agency and the draft should be intense! I'm not sure where the Bears factor into all of this, but this position has had more shit going down than I can remember.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Why does Darnold have more upside than Mitch? Because he has one year less experience? That's about all I can think of.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All the QB stuff this offseason has been intense.

Watson wants out?
Wentz said he wanted out, then the Eagles fired their coach and hired someone else, so who knows?
Now Stafford and Detroit agree to part ways?
Brees retires?
Rivers retires?
Big Ben should retire?
Report that McVay won't commit to Goff next season?
49ers appears to be linked to a bunch of QBs not named Jimmy?

Free agency and the draft should be intense! I'm not sure where the Bears factor into all of this, but this position has had more shit going down than I can remember.
I want Wentz to be an Eagle forever

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah i think everyone gets that you think you know Mac will suck in the NFL. My question was why do you think you can make predictions on what any college QB will be in the NFL when actual GM's, Coaches and Scouts can't even get it right? I mean i know i have no idea what QB's will be what making that transition and i'm a big college and NFL fan.

Thank you for telling me the Bears passing on Rodgers was a mistake cause 23 teams that passed on him made that mistake.
we passed on a quarterback when we needed one and took a running back when we had one.
I guess the answer would be my eyes....just like everyone else.
to me Mac Jones seems to be that typical quarterback that has everything given to him and doesn’t need to work on anything. He is not a first rd talent in my opinion and he needs to grow up and into a NFL quarterback with hard work.