Stanley Cup Final Thread

Who ya got?

• Total voters

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
What a crap shoot the 2005 (Crosby Sweepstakes) draft was for the Blackhawks. Wasn't that the year they changed the draft format and we got screwed by the lottery? Drafting Skille at #7. All hail Dale? At least we got Hammer out of it in the 4th round.

Yea they got Skille that year and I was really hoping they would have taken Kopitar. Then again, the next year I was really hoping Pit would take Toews so J. Staal could fall to the Blackhawks. So that shows what I really know at the end of the day.

Imagine how dominant Pit could be if they found a way to have Crosby AND Toews as their top two centers. Even though J. Staal did a nice job and did help Pit get to two Stanley Cups.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Crosby definitely has more rat in him than Toews does on the ice...no question about that. I get why people "respect" Toews because there are very few pure leaders out there like he is. I'm a Toews fan as are about 99% of people here. All I'm simply saying is that Toews is a bigger whiner than Crosby on the ice yet people over look it. Maybe it is because of this or that, but I believe it is because of the microscope people put Crosby under because he is the best. Hell, look at all this "Crosby cheats" on faceoffs thing that the media was putting out there. Every good faceoff guy cheats...thats usually how you win on faceoffs.

I'm a Crosby fan. I'm a fan of great hockey and amazing players. Crosby fits into that. Hell, there are few NHL players out there that I "dislike". Each player out there has a job and a lot of them do it well. Most people cry about a player like Perry and his "antics" out there, but I get a kick out of it because he manages to be a pure snipe show and also get under the skin of the opposing players (and fans apparently).
Anyone who watched the 2013 Detroit series knows this--even if they can't admit it to themselves. The only difference is Crosby comes off more as a crybaby while Toews throws a temper tantrum.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Crosby has flairy nostrils which come off extra bad.

Toews does overuse the phrase fucking horseshit call though.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone who watched the 2013 Detroit series knows this--even if they can't admit it to themselves. The only difference is Crosby comes off more as a crybaby while Toews throws a temper tantrum.

Pretty much this. That's the difference.
Seabrook basically had to get into the box and ask "You need me to wear the C this series, bruh?"

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Wangs did get into Toews head (especially zetterberg)in that series and he knows they did, he surely would have liked to have handled himself better in that series. That still doesn't put him in the same class as a SCrosby.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Wangs did get into Toews head (especially zetterberg)in that series and he knows they did, he surely would have liked to have handled himself better in that series. That still doesn't put him in the same class as a SCrosby.
Well, Toews doesn't have assfat-injected lips like Crosby-does :D.

Still, Toews needed to stop barking at the refs in that series and focus on his play.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Still, Toews needed to stop barking at the refs in that series and focus on his play.

That was the famous Grimson...(RIP) Wings in 7 series. I'd say he did stop barking at the refs as the Hawks sent the Wings golfing.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Oh those lips, Bri would always complain he should be using more chap stick on them. Lol

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh those lips, Bri would always complain he should be using more chap stick on them. Lol
Yeah...she wasn't that wrong though...he looks like he has permanent duckface. Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with it.

Then there was ManToewsPig. Yes, I'm being serial.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Also do a Google Image Search for "Toews dive GIF" and Crosby dive GIF" and note the difference in results.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I'm still bothered by that hawks pens game from last year where the hawks got a weak call penalty and it went it... the Crosby was called for a soft trip on Oduya. He circled around in complaint then went to the box but the refs decided to overrule the penalty call. Bunch fans of pitt tried to defend saying it's just a thing the league does now, it did happen one time earlier on the pens that year so it's absolutely not Crosby influenced.

Didn't see any situation of that all season or after that game last season for any game. It's just am element that gets unfortunately hard to avoid as a face of the league stardom figure from all sides

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Also do a Google Image Search for "Toews dive GIF" and Crosby dive GIF" and note the difference in results.

I did that just as a joke to see, and it for Toews dive GIf it actually gave me a picture of Crosby. But in general it was

This
toews-dive-o.gif

vs.
crosby-dive-o.gif

crosbyslewfoot.gif

dan-girardi-penalty-sidney-crosby-dive.gif

And... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/607880-top-5-sidney-crosby-dives/

But of course who could forget the all too famous....

Sidney-Linesman.gif

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's a thought that I don't even like to entertain usually and I really don't know if they would have. Blackhawks definitely had some holes exposed throughout the year and in the playoffs. Sort of like how everyone talks about the Stanley Cup that could have been if the Blackhawks just beat the Kings in OT and then they would have went on to "kill" the Rangers. Anything can happen and Lundqvist could have played the greatest 4 games of his life while getting the bounces needed and after all, they didn't even get past the Kings to find out. Shoulda, woulda, coulda...but when you have Rundblad in the most important games of the season, there is a big gaping hole somewhere.

Oh, okay. I wasn't paying that much attention......didn't realize we time jumped back into the 80's and the Oilers and Islanders were playing for the Cup.

My bad.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Neither of them hold a candle to Mike "Greg Luganis" Smith. That guy looks like a European soccer player.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always thought the Sedin twins were the worst shot by snipers divers.

[video=youtube;um74UJB_hPs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um74UJB_hPs[/video]

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I always thought the Sedin twins were the worst shot by snipers divers.

[video=youtube;um74UJB_hPs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um74UJB_hPs[/video]

They're in a class by themselves. It's like the difference in Douchenozzlery between Mat Cooke and Alexandre Burrows.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
What an awesome game 5. Jones absolutely stood on his head throughout this one. Hoping the Sharks can prolong this one in game 6 and we can all enjoy a game 7 in Pit.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Or maybe the left sharks can witness a cup ceremony

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Pretty cool watching Dupuis get to hoist the Cup. Didn't go out on his own terms but atleast he got quite a send off thanks to his teammates.