Stanley Cup Finals Pre-Series Discussion/Speculation

5Minutes4Fighting

Liked Posts:
Re: 5/29 - SCF Game 1 - Flyers (0) @ (0) Blackhawks 7:00PM NBC

Politics? Really? Why not just blow up the boards now?

Look this is a site for Hawks fans, and god knows we all LOOOOVE the Blackhawks. Thats one thing we can agree on. Nonetheless (and very unfortunately), when we are simply talking about the Hawks, something we ALL love and cherish, the daily attacks and juvenile name calling is nauseous. Just imagine politics - which is an automatic divider and gets the hate machine spitting venom like no other topic.

I may add that not only does politics and acrimony go hand-in-hand, but also, we're all adults, which means nobody's political opinion is going to change no matter how much you argue or SCREAM that Bush or Obama or Daley whoever else is a douche.

ok, back to the regularly scheduled program.

-5Minutes

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm giddier than a school girl with a new pair of jeans! LETS GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

img_0161-1.jpg

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="bookjones"]

GMAFB. That? Might be one of the crassest pieces of garbage I've ever read up in here. So the military servicepeople who are buried at Abraham Lincoln are somehow less deserving of the POTUS's valuable Memorial Day time? Next time I visit my grandfather's grave there I'll be sure to clue him on that edict. Gee, and here I was thinking that it was sort of neat that a sitting President who happened to represent IL before assuming office and who admires Lincoln would be visiting a national cemetery named in honor of that other adopted son of IL turned President. The nerve of him![/quote]

This post is one reason why I'm proud to call you one of my puckbunnies.

Actually, there's no reason why he couldn't visit Arlington, an IL cemetery, and the game in the same day, is there?

Pass the pepper, Paul

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

IT"S GAME DAY!!!!!

Abby is ready!

313withdad.jpg

So is Bobby!

IMG00216.jpg

CIMG0412.jpg

LET'S GO HAWKS!

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:

hopefully the kids there won't be posting on a message board in about 30-40 years about being too young to remember the last time the hawks were in the finals.

edit: also, i'd like to propose a new game thread be created as this is full of unrelated crap and useless speculation about the series.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="roshinaya"]hopefully the kids there won't be posting on a message board in about 30-40 years about being too young to remember the last time the hawks were in the finals.[/quote]

You know how the Red Wings built a dynasty and dominated for years?

Well........

Just sayin'

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="IceHogsFan"]

You know how the Red Wings built a dynasty and dominated for years?

Well........

Just sayin'[/quote]

Devellano & Holland > McDonough and Scooter

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="klemmer"]

Devellano & Holland > McDonough and Scooter[/quote]

Klem, you worried like me that the talent pool is going to be diminished with

these fools at the helm? Yes, I said fools. Stan is not worthy of being a GM.

Maybe time shall prove me wrong but I would bet in a few years time when his

daddyo is not involved that he will be replaced.

In the meantime........... Bring on the Flyers!

bri

Liked Posts:

[quote name="klemmer"]IT"S GAME DAY!!!!!

Abby is ready!

313withdad.jpg

So is Bobby!

IMG00216.jpg

CIMG0412.jpg

LET'S GO HAWKS![/quote]

Klem they are so adorable. Makes me want one.

I am busting out a new song to dance to for the game tonight hoping it will be lucky for the Hawks. Dancing to Baby Got Back in honor of Sid's big butt brought luck to the Penguins last year. So in honor of Buff i will be dancing to Brickhouse by the Commodores. Enjoy the game everyone.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="roshinaya"]hopefully the kids there won't be posting on a message board in about 30-40 years about being too young to remember the last time the hawks were in the finals.

edit: also, i'd like to propose a new game thread be created as this is full of unrelated crap and useless speculation about the series.[/quote]

I like it Rosh, I'll change this to the "Pre Series" Discussion

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="IceHogsFan"]

Klem, you worried like me that the talent pool is going to be diminished with

these fools at the helm? Yes, I said fools. Stan is not worthy of being a GM.

Maybe time shall prove me wrong but I would bet in a few years time when his

daddyo is not involved that he will be replaced.

In the meantime........... Bring on the Flyers![/quote]

Yes, I am.

The correlation between Bettman and McPimp is unmistakable. Two guys leading organizations that don't know or give a rat's ass about the game's traditions.

Now, you have a less than qualified GM having to make decisions while the other GMs in the League are licking their chops.....

Recipe for disaster.

But, let's live for today!

LET'S GO HAWKS!

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keep in mind Klem, there is one big factor to our advantage.

Players are going to want to play here.

It was a luxury that was never available to DT and Dudley.

Unfortunately, it does help McD and TAO (I love that name for him BTW)

look good.

Let's just focus on the agenda at hand for now!

[quote name="klemmer"]

Yes, I am.

The correlation between Bettman and McPimp is unmistakable. Two guys leading organizations that don't know or give a rat's ass about the game's traditions.

Now, you have a less than qualified GM having to make decisions while the other GMs in the League are licking their chops.....

Recipe for disaster.

But, let's live for today!

LET'S GO HAWKS![/quote]

I'll just remind you Tallon was very similar than Stan is right now. Neither of them should have been NHL GM's. Tallon learned to be a good GM as the product now shows. 2nd time the teams been rebuilt since the lockout was the Charm. The first was absolutely horrible which led to extremely high draft picks.

Stan could very well turn out to be just as good. Honestly I don't know how it will work out but he can not be slammed as of yet with the minimal work he's done, other than he allowed his good friend to be stabbed in the back.

On ice product will follow and hopefully for all of us turns out good!

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

dammit

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]

I'll just remind you Tallon was very similar than Stan is right now. Neither of them should have been NHL GM's. Tallon learned to be a good GM as the product now shows. 2nd time the teams been rebuilt since the lockout was the Charm. The first was absolutely horrible which led to extremely high draft picks.

Stan could very well turn out to be just as good. Honestly I don't know how it will work out but he can not be slammed as of yet with the minimal work he's done, other than he allowed his good friend to be stabbed in the back.

On ice product will follow and hopefully for all of us turns out good![/quote]

I agree with most of what you say, however, here is the hockey background for each.

Tallon = 2nd draft pick overall (1970), 10 years in the NHL, on Canada's roster for 1972 Summit Series, 2 time NHL All-Star.

Bowman = Named after the Stanley Cup, Spawn of Scotty Bowman. Got job as a "favor"

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

double post

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="5Minutes4Fighting"]Politics? Really? Why not just blow up the boards now?

Look this is a site for Hawks fans, and god knows we all LOOOOVE the Blackhawks. Thats one thing we can agree on. Nonetheless (and very unfortunately), when we are simply talking about the Hawks, something we ALL love and cherish, the daily attacks and juvenile name calling is nauseous. Just imagine politics - which is an automatic divider and gets the hate machine spitting venom like no other topic.

I may add that not only does politics and acrimony go hand-in-hand, but also, we're all adults, which means nobody's political opinion is going to change no matter how much you argue or SCREAM that Bush or Obama or Daley whoever else is a douche.

ok, back to the regularly scheduled program.

we can only convince people how much of a Douche McDonough is by the stroke of our keyboards.