Starlin Castro makes NL All-Star Team

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
ok i admit i didnt know much about ramirez's defense:shrug:

one thing i got wrong....:shifty:

We can argue the rest of it if you want, but it would get long and dragged out. SS is not an offense first position historically, and it has shifted in the past twenty years. But I think you are starting to see a shift back. Guys that are like Tulo that are amazing with the bat and glove are rare, and I would say that I think you are starting to see the middle infielders trend back down offensively as to what they were 10-15 years ago at the height of the steroid era. I haven't looked at close enough to really argue it convincingly though.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Just because SS is better offensively does not take away from SS being weak this year

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Weak is an ambiguous definition. I could say Adam Dunn is a weak power hitter.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just because SS is better offensively does not take away from SS being weak this year

Sometimes I wonder why I bother arguing with you about these things. I cite all kinds of statistics both by position as a whole and individual to show how SS is actually doing well offensively this season, and the response I get is that.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We can argue the rest of it if you want, but it would get long and dragged out. SS is not an offense first position historically, and it has shifted in the past twenty years. But I think you are starting to see a shift back. Guys that are like Tulo that are amazing with the bat and glove are rare, and I would say that I think you are starting to see the middle infielders trend back down offensively as to what they were 10-15 years ago at the height of the steroid era. I haven't looked at close enough to really argue it convincingly though.

i guess i can see a shift back kinda(really hard to tell...it would help if i could find some general ss hitting stats)

the game is definitely evolving again and leaning towards pitching...

but definitely in the last 15 years the SS position has been known for good consistent base hitting....i can definitely see your argument about that starting to change again...

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sometimes I wonder why I bother arguing with you about these things. I cite all kinds of statistics both by position as a whole and individual to show how SS is actually doing well offensively this season, and the response I get is that.

cant give a cubs player credit when its due:shrug:

Rick

Liked Posts:
Well deserved. I had low expectations for this kid because of the way the Cubs evaluated past talent like Corey Patterson and Felix Pie. I'm glad I was wrong about Castro. I hope he sticks around for a long time.