Starlin Castro Watch Thread

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The so called building blocks in Castro & Rizzo are hitting .231 & .240.

Theo isn't looking like some genius right now with those contracts handed out.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
The so called building blocks in Castro & Rizzo are hitting .231 & .240.

Theo isn't looking like some genius right now with those contracts handed out.

At best, the average salary for both players is probably only middle of the pack for each position.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
gordon-beckham.jpg

"Don't worry guys. I'm sure Castro will turn it around!"

Who is that in that picture?

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
gordon-beckham.jpg

"Don't worry guys. I'm sure Castro will turn it around!"

Is that Gordon Beckham? Beckham didn't even have a career batting average of at least .250 until the middle of this season. He should be giving a thumbs down.

Yeah I am disappointed in Starlin Castro too but at least he has some things to give a thumbs up about. Things such as two all star games, most hits in the MLB since 2010, two seasons of at least a .300 batting average. This is the first season where Castro has been under .250 and Beckham finished 2011 and 2012 under .250.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is that Gordon Beckham? Beckham didn't even have a career batting average of at least .250 until the middle of this season. He should be giving a thumbs down.

Yeah I am disappointed in Starlin Castro too but at least he has some things to give a thumbs up about. Things such as two all star games, most hits in the MLB since 2010, two seasons of at least a .300 batting average. This is the first season where Castro has been under .250 and Beckham finished 2011 and 2012 under .250.

:andruw:

:whoosh:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know you typed a comment with the picture. It's just funny that people are complaining about Castro and you posted a picture of someone that is much worse than him.

:andruw:

:whoosh:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Starlin Castro line the past 18 games is .303 with a .487 slugging percentage and .833 OPS. Looks like he is starting to even out. Hopefully, he produces the whole second half so he can get people off of him.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'd like that so I can sell me pletora of Castro RC's :)

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Starlin Castro line the past 18 games is .303 with a .487 slugging percentage and .833 OPS. Looks like he is starting to even out. Hopefully, he produces the whole second half so he can get people off of him.

thanks for updating silence

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

He also hasn't had an error since July 2.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Now you jinxed him.

Correction. He hasn't been charged with an error.

Yeah, the last time I said something like than in the Error Tracker thread, he had 4 in 7 games or something like that. :facepalm:

Thought I'd leave it in this thread this time.

And yeah, baserunning errors don't count against the official error total. :lol:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the last time I said something like than in the Error Tracker thread, he had 4 in 7 games or something like that. :facepalm:

Thought I'd leave it in this thread this time.

And yeah, baserunning errors don't count against the official error total. :lol:

Thank God.... at least he's been able to put the ball in play lately.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thank God.... at least he's been able to put the ball in play lately.

i wouldn't be surprised if he ends the year w/ an avg. around .275...and despite batting .315+ the 2nd half of the year, all we hear is "How high would it have been if he wasn't so piss terrible the first half?!?!?"

chibears55

Liked Posts:
i wouldn't be surprised if he ends the year w/ an avg. around .275...and despite batting .315+ the 2nd half of the year, all we hear is "How high would it have been if he wasn't so piss terrible the first half?!?!?"

no.. im sure we will hear from a select few about how terrible he is and how he should be traded now.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
no.. im sure we will hear from a select few about how terrible he is and how he should be traded now.

I've been an advocate to trade him for a while now, especially if his average goes up. Doesn't make it wrong.

When someone can explain to me how holding onto him increases the chances of the Cubs making the WS, I will listen.

Garza is the one of, if not the best pitchers on the staff, and there are plenty of people claiming to trade him. Some want to keep him.

I am for whatever speeds this train wreck up, and if that means trading the whole damn pathetic team, do it.

It isn't as if any of these guys look to be destined HOF'ers, so what is the big loss by trading any of them?

mountsalami

Liked Posts:

If Baez progresses and becomes what many here think he'll be. There's not much need for a player that's horribly absent minded, a defensive liability, has no plate discipline, and can't seem to hit or hit for power. Would be nice to believe that Castro is actually getting better as the years go by.

Making more excuses for him doesn't hide the truth.

I guess it's just easier that way. :fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap: :fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

[video=youtube;LeBiXBic3sE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeBiXBic3sE&feature=player_detailpage[/video]