Stars @ Blackhawks IGT 3/22 at 7:30 p.m.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
And if it is, the 'hawks players will have no one to blame but themselves--and you know the Bandwaggoners and the media are going to blow up the interwebs about how overpaid Toews, Seabs, etc. are and how much they suck if they get jobbed in the playoffs.

There was a dude in section 326 sitting a couple of rows behind me railing on Keith. I thought maybe he was trolling, but it sort of became serious and sad.
The crap, selfish penalties (Shaw roughing) and the TMM calls are getting old.

The Hawks also played the perimeter game last night, with not many shots getting to the slot, with hardly anyone doing cleanup. I figured this would be Ladd, but I didn't see him much down low.

For a moment, I thought it was TMM with 6 and change to go, but realized Q had thrown out the book and emptied the net, only to be scored on moments later.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am not going to say Keith has been Norris-good, but he hasn't been 2011 bad, either.

Last game, much like the SS, was a complete mongolian clusterfuck on all levels, though.

I think most moderate fans are angry and upset that our boys are playing relatively poorly, but all in all know that they are much better and this too shall pass--if not by playoff time by next year. Our core players strike me as the prideful types and at some point they'll start playing back to their standard. We hope sooner rather than later. ☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One could argue I'm a bandwagon fan, and while the losses and their play in general disappoint me, I do have enough faith in the team to turn it around by the playoffs. This is a championship level team that happens to slump around this time every year. It kind of sucks that they do, but I think they'll snap out of it eventually.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Seems like most of you guys believe the Hawks are going to turn everything around come April.

I was on board with that notion last year. This year just doesn't feel right to me. I know they've always lost the majority of games in March, but this year seems worse, the way they're losing games ... the way they're getting their asses kicked so swiftly on so many occasions. I think the biggest reason for my concern is that there really isn't anyone on that D corps behind 2, 4, and 7 that has my confidence for the playoffs. Seems like a lot of third pairing guys behind them. That No. 4 D spot still looks like a glaring weakness in my eyes.

Not declaring them dead or anything. But my confidence in an April turnaround is wavering.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like most of you guys believe the Hawks are going to turn everything around come April.

I was on board with that notion last year. This year just doesn't feel right to me. I know they've always lost the majority of games in March, but this year seems worse, the way they're losing games ... the way they're getting their asses kicked so swiftly on so many occasions. I think the biggest reason for my concern is that there really isn't anyone on that D corps behind 2, 4, and 7 that has my confidence for the playoffs. Seems like a lot of third pairing guys behind them. That No. 4 D spot still looks like a glaring weakness in my eyes.

Not declaring them dead or anything. But my confidence in an April turnaround is wavering.

My thoughts exactly. I know someday this incredible dynasty-like run has to come to an end, I just hope this isn't it (or soon).
Whatever happens, almost all of the core are pretty much still in their prime so if this year doesn't end well, for the next couple years at least they will likely still be a top team. specially if they can straighten out the D.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I put together an article tonight for this fine website that will appear tomorrow regarding the Hawks recent slide. It's helped restore a bit of my confidence in them figuring all of this out.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's easy to say that after what we have witnessed the past 2 weeks, and occasionally throughout the season. The blowouts are becoming more and more common. I'm also a firm believer of favorable match ups in the playoffs. They will lose to the Ducks if they play them in round 1. Easily. Maybe even swept.
They can beat the Blues, and the only way to beat the Stars will be to outscore them 7-6. I also think Nashville is weak, but it looks like it will be either a 3 seed or a WC seed for Chicago at the current pace. Better hope that the Blues go 8-0.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There was a dude in section 326 sitting a couple of rows behind me railing on Keith. I thought maybe he was trolling, but it sort of became serious and sad.
The crap, selfish penalties (Shaw roughing) and the TMM calls are getting old.

The Hawks also played the perimeter game last night, with not many shots getting to the slot, with hardly anyone doing cleanup. I figured this would be Ladd, but I didn't see him much down low.

For a moment, I thought it was TMM with 6 and change to go, but realized Q had thrown out the book and emptied the net, only to be scored on moments later.

You were in 326?!? I was in 324 lol