Stock Market/Investing

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I bet ya a 100 this hits over 200 by next Friday at least
If it does that, that's alot of "suits" buying all the shares. Not people like you. Hope you know that. You're not doing anything noble against hedge funds. They're the ones actually causing the massive increase in price. Not you.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I exited at 60 this morning. Happy with my return lol and glad I'm out of the meme stock game.

hell yeah, dude. Congrats on the nice profits! I’d say you successfully played the game! It’s already dropped back into the 40’s. AMC announced they were selling millions of shares. More shares = dilution.

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
hell yeah, dude. Congrats on the nice profits! I’d say you successfully played the game! It’s already dropped back into the 40’s. AMC announced they were issuing more shares. More shares = dilution.
Yeah, I was originally going to keep holding, but then I saw they were issuing more shares and I was like I'm done messing around with this. I'll take my 2k and be on my merry way.

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah, I was originally going to keep holding, but then I saw they were issuing more shares and I was like I'm doing messing around with this. I'll take my 2k and be on my merry way.

yep, that’s what ultimately will limit these meme stocks run ups. As soon as a ridiculous run up occurs, said companies will absolutely be sellers of their own stock to raise capital and take advantage of the over valuations.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
yep, that’s what ultimately will limit these meme stocks run ups. As soon as a ridiculous run up occurs, said companies will absolutely be sellers of their own stock to raise capital and take advantage of the over valuations.

Meh, Gamestop sold $551 million worth of their shares back in April and yet the show goes on. You're right in regards to the actual meme stocks like AMC tho...

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Meh, Gamestop sold $551 million worth of their shares back in April and yet the show goes on. You're right in regards to the actual meme stocks like AMC tho...

fair. Although, GME has yet to revisit the all time highs again. It could again, but hasn’t yet.

also, keeping an eye on workhorse. It’s begun popping off up like 40% the last couple days. Could see it catching on with the Reddit crowds a lil more and making a run at it’s all time high around $41, currently at like $14

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Also, for anyone wanting more exposure to cannabis...here’s an interesting play. PLNHF they are the company behind cannabis cafes Amsterdam style in Vegas. Currently just under $7 a share

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it does that, that's alot of "suits" buying all the shares. Not people like you. Hope you know that. You're not doing anything noble against hedge funds. They're the ones actually causing the massive increase in price. Not you.
False, I am a Deity Scooter

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
fair. Although, GME has yet to revisit the all time highs again. It could again, but hasn’t yet.

It likely won't until Citadel and the other SHF's are finally bled dry and the margin calls start (which hopefully takes another 8 months so this turns into a long term capital gain for me) but next week's shareholder meeting could get interesting tho...

also, keeping an eye on workhorse. It’s begun popping off up like 40% the last couple days. Could see it catching on with the Reddit crowds a lil more and making a run at it’s all time high around $41, currently at like $14

Also, for anyone wanting more exposure to cannabis...here’s an interesting play. PLNHF they are the company behind cannabis cafes Amsterdam style in Vegas. Currently just under $7 a share

Thanks for the heads up... ?

Was planning to diversify my August ESPP into Trulieve while they're sub $40 but I'll definitely have to take a look at these two...

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It likely won't until Citadel and the other SHF's are finally bled dry and the margin calls start (which hopefully takes another 8 months so this turns into a long term capital gain for me) but next week's shareholder meeting could get interesting tho...

Thanks for the heads up... ?

Was planning to diversify my August ESPP into Trulieve while they're sub $40 but I'll definitely have to take a look at these two...

agreed on trulieve being appealing sub 40. I’ve been a holder of it since it was under 10. Trying to find the next one lol

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
agreed on trulieve being appealing sub 40. I’ve been a holder of it since it was under 10. Trying to find the next one lol
Damn, nice entry point.. hopefully it stays under 40 long enough for me to get in but if PHLNF is still in single digits by then it might be hard to pass up..

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Alibaba - anyone have any insight? My buddy just dumped some coin in and I'm intrigued. Seems dirt cheap right now at $216. It's China tho lol so

@MDB111™ @Ares @knoxville7 @Broc

its a major buy in my opinion. The Chinese economy is going to just keep growing. Currently about $100 off it’s all time high, seems like a pretty good entry point to me

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I bought a good amount of AMC at around $10 a few months ago. Should I hold or sell now? Any advice?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bought a good amount of AMC at around $10 a few months ago. Should I hold or sell now? Any advice?
HOLD. I got nerdy tech guy that makes Scoot look like a jock and he is saying hold.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
AMC worth more than GM and F
its a major buy in my opinion. The Chinese economy is going to just keep growing. Currently about $100 off it’s all time high, seems like a pretty good entry point to me

I also think it's a value right now. I'm in it. Just keep in mind it's a chinese stock and things could turn ugly on it from either side. Also, it is subject to an extra tax now from most brokers. I just got charged some ridiculous fee for holding it. TDA blamed the new admin for it. It was not that much though.
But like Knox said. It's China and they are growing. This one is sort of like a Chinese Amazon.
.TLDR Buy that shit yo