Stock Market/Investing

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got into NTWN @ $5 this week and dumped out at $11 two hours later. Good little profit.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stupid stocks.

Stupid peasants like you should just throw your money into an ETF and hope for 4-6% per year.

Stupid peasants shouldn't be afforded the same tools to make money as those of the wealth class.

Now keep in mind the above rhetoric when I tell you crypto is "monopoly money".

- CNBC Probably
Hey, nothing wrong with some ETFS

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This is exactly why I haven't jumped on crypto, and am additionally discouraged after seeing several friends lose money on crypto.

I read the essay or whatever about the blockchain tech, but it's just a foreign language to me.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hey, nothing wrong with some ETFS

Only way to go.

Don't stray from the path.

Don't try to time the market.

Don't bother thinking about investing.

Just dump your money in on schedule and let the pros handle the rest.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Stupid stocks.

Stupid peasants like you should just throw your money into an ETF and hope for 4-6% per year.

Stupid peasants shouldn't be afforded the same tools to make money as those of the wealth class.

Now keep in mind the above rhetoric when I tell you crypto is "monopoly money".

- CNBC Probably

You forgot that stocks are gambling. Probably shouldn't even invest.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You forgot that stocks are gambling. Probably shouldn't even invest.

Which is why you hand your money over to wealthy people to manage for you.

You are too stupid to buy/sell stocks.

They are very smart.

Hand it over, on schedule, check back in a few years.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

They are very smart.

It's the omelet way

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

They are very smart.

Trickle down?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only way to go.

Don't stray from the path.

Don't try to time the market.

Don't bother thinking about investing.

Just dump your money in on schedule and let the pros handle the rest.

I know u are being sarcastic... but this is like 75% of my investing strategy. I am usually up 20-40% YOY as well. I've also been down as much as 15%... so I'm not saying im invincible.

Maybe I'm just lucky... and yes, I know I'm lighting money on fire paying the fees to have this done.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know u are being sarcastic... but this is like 75% of my investing strategy. I am usually up 20-40% YOY as well. I've also been down as much as 15%... so I'm not saying im invincible.

Maybe I'm just lucky... and yes, I know I'm lighting money on fire paying the fees to have this done.

If this is how you choose to invest, more power to you.

I am not annoyed by people choosing to pay others to invest their money for them and provide returns.

I am annoyed by Wall Street shills who pretend the way you do it is the only way.

They talk up the free market, but really they just want institutional investors to run the show.

At most, us peasants should just watch Mad Money and buy safe-ish bets from Jim Cramer.

All the "risky" trades need to be for the pros only.

They can fuck off with that noise.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this is how you choose to invest, more power to you.

I am not annoyed by people choosing to pay others to invest their money for them and provide returns.

I am annoyed by Wall Street shills who pretend the way you do it is the only way.

They talk up the free market, but really they just want institutional investors to run the show.

At most, us peasants should just watch Mad Money and buy safe-ish bets from Jim Cramer.

All the "risky" trades need to be for the pros only.

They can fuck off with that noise.

Yeah, I don't disagree with you. But I don't have the energy to do enough research to make super educated bets or to day trade. So I let computers do it for me.

The other 25% I mess around on the lower end stocks and some IPOs. I've been hit or miss but generally come out on top.

I am JUST NOW getting into Crypto as well. Have read a couple books and downloaded Binance.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I don't disagree with you. But I don't have the energy to do enough research to make super educated bets or to day trade. So I let computers do it for me.

The other 25% I mess around on the lower end stocks and some IPOs. I've been hit or miss but generally come out on top.

I am JUST NOW getting into Crypto as well. Have read a couple books and downloaded Binance.
get that vechain bro

quick overviews:

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Lots of people are in your position and what you're doing, is totally fine IMO.

But the shills should stop making the public feel like the market is way too complicated to invest in personally.

They should stop using their media platforms to mock investments like crypto, which they didn't understand, and likely still don't.

They are the ultimate hypocrites.... they will shout at you about how you shouldn't invest in things you don't know about, but then they will turn around and denigrate investment in crypto, based on zero understanding of the tech or the goal.

In general I am sick of the societal attitude that because people have money, they must be smart and hard working and know better than the rest of us.

News flash, they don't.... they just have money.... they are littered with a distribution of very smart people and very dumb people and many many many malicious motherfuckers who are out for themselves and nothing else, much like any other group of humans.