1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Proven to be useless player after April :shifty: Im at the point where i trade all the PROVEN guys i can for specs then go trade them for better PROVEN players LOL....honestly Cubs should be going young to see what players they can use for future and to figure out what spots they need to fill in FA with KEY PLAYERS

Or...

C Welington Castillo
1B Tyler Colvin
2B Darwin Barney
SS Starlin Castro
3B Josh Vitters
LF Alfonso Soriano
CF Brett Jackson
RF Ryan Flaherty
SP Matt Garza
SP Andrew Cashner
SP Trey McNutt
SP Randy Wells
SP Jay Jackson
CL Chris Carpenter

That leaves Soriano as our only vet. We'll have talent, but still be bad for a year or two for sure, but that will guarantee high draft picks and a SOLID core so then we can complete the rebuilding process the right way and compete when it is over.

EDIT: Have to keep Garza too... forgot.

Last edited:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
This game is LIVING PROOF why a team needs a 3 hole hitter. Pujols wins this game for STL

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or...

C Welington Castillo
1B Tyler Colvin
2B Darwin Barney
SS Starlin Castro
3B Josh Vitters
LF Alfonso Soriano
CF Brett Jackson
RF Ryan Flaherty
SP Matt Garza
SP Andrew Cashner
SP Trey McNutt
SP Randy Wells
SP Jay Jackson
CL Chris Carpenter

That leaves Soriano as our only vet. We'll have talent, but still be bad for a year or two for sure, but that will guarantee high draft picks and a SOLID core so then we can complete the rebuilding process the right way and compete when it is over.EDIT: Have to keep Garza too... forgot.

Theres no guarntees about that. That what PIT, KCR, WSN, TOR, CLE,MIL,LAD,ARI,and SDP have been trying for years and no luck. Have to have alot of luck in rebuilding for taking the right guys in the draft. Honestly Cubs shouldnt have to do long rebuild. Enough to see what the guys can do then fill the spots with FA and Trades. Big Markets like Cubs should be able to spend money on players they need once they figure out exactly what they need. So if Cubs take rest of this year and next year to figure out which players are part of the future and with all the contracts coming off the books over next 2 years they should go spend the money big time to fill the holes. Thats what Big Markets do.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Theres no guarntees about that. That what PIT, KCR, WSN, TOR, CLE,MIL,LAD,ARI,and SDP have been trying for years and no luck. Have to have alot of luck in rebuilding for taking the right guys in the draft. Honestly Cubs shouldnt have to do long rebuild. Enough to see what the guys can do then fill the spots with FA and Trades.

Didn't say long... maybe 2 seasons after this before we compete. We have Wilken though... I'd trust his drafting with my life... and Fleita, who is just great.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
lol This is just too funny to watch at this point.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...I couldn't agree more. I was watching the game with my dad, also a big Cubs fan, and even though we were disgusted and pissed, we couldn't help but smile as Pujols rounded the bases. Such an unbelievable season.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...I couldn't agree more. I was watching the game with my dad, also a big Cubs fan, and even though we were disgusted and pissed, we couldn't help but smile as Pujols rounded the bases. Such an unbelievable season.

Pujols showed what a true number 3 hitter is suppose to do. Carry a team to win certain games. Cubs dont have that and prolly wont for while :yep:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quade: “You make decisions going into a series and I wasn’t looking to avoid Albert at all costs. And he made us pay.”

Quade:Im not in habit of walking people w/ 2 outs and nobody on I understand how good this guy is. We'll have to rethink that

Rookie Manager mistake there. Pujols top 10 player of ALL TIME. Has KILLED Cubs pitching his whole career. Cant, REPEAT, cant let that guy beat you...

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marmol blows another one

I honestly didn't even know about his streak of 26 scoreless innings on the road then of course as soon as they show it, it's over.

I hope St Louis just wins in the 9th so I don't have to watch any more.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just wake up from a nap and marmol blows another one. Sigh.

Dan0mite

Liked Posts:
I hate the Cubs so damn much right now.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's the humiliating ending I was hoping for..perfect! I'd prefer to just be embarrassed at this point.

BrewCrewFan

Liked Posts:
Fuck the Cubs. Your team fucking sucks. FUCK you Marmol, thanks for the help Cubs! Win 3 in a row, and you guys cant win one fucking game.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Fuck the Cubs. Your team fucking sucks. FUCK you Marmol, thanks for the help Cubs! Win 3 in a row, and you guys cant win one fucking game.

So, what you're saying is you don't believe your team to be good enough to overtake the Cardinals without relying on other teams to help you close the gap?

In other news: Fuck off, troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.